Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    With the 700p they WILL be able to track users tethering without a PAM plan. The PAM plan add-on is going to be required for those of you wanting to tether.

As for SERO, you'll have to buy this phone for full price to get it on your SERO plan, but then again, the cheapest non SERO plan is near $66 a month compared to $36 on SERO. $30 x 12months = 360 x 2years = $720 off. Compared to a $250 additional phone cost, I'd recommend you just pay full price...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    With the 700p they WILL be able to track users tethering without a PAM plan. The PAM plan add-on is going to be required for those of you wanting to tether.

As for SERO, you'll have to buy this phone for full price to get it on your SERO plan, but then again, the cheapest non SERO plan is near $66 a month compared to $36 on SERO. $30 x 12months = 360 x 2years = $720 off. Compared to a $250 additional phone cost, I'd recommend you just pay full price...
    I love when i get an answer to my question before i even ask it . So shadow since i have 650 on my sero plan and this plan got unlimited vision, when i buy 700P what i have to do is to change vision to power vision. When i ordered SERO plan she said she cant add power vision unless i have power vision enabled phone on account. Also if i want to add PAM, can i do it on SERO?? how much extra since i have regular power vision already??
    Thanks in advance, as always.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I hope pricing is similar with Verizon because I would love to walk away with a 700p on June 28 when my New Every Two credit brings the price down to $299. I remember the price for the 650 was $399 with a 2 year contract when that came out as well.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Guess I won't be getting the Treo 700p. It's just waaaaaaaaaaay to much. I'm sure it's worth it but I already have the 6700.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    just got off the phone with sprint rep, to see if i can sign up for a new 2 year contract and get the phone for $399 , i cant since that only applies to new customers, so since im already a customer i only get $75 off the phone, and will lose my old plan pricing, so im pretty much screwed and definately will have to the the Phone as Modem plan. i used to have unlimited txt messages for $5 now i will have to pay $15
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    I hate to beat a dead horse, but once again, if you go with the $40 PAM that includes Power Vision. Am I reading this correctly? This is very important to me. I might would pay $20 extra per month for tethering because I would use it alot. Also, I thought the website said the special deal for unlimited PAM expires on May 21. Did anyone else see this? Seems silly to sign up for a feature before I could even get a phone to use it with (well I guess I could use it now with my 650, but it's too slow to use often).
    according to the sprint rep the PAM plan includes Powervision and Sprint TV,unlimited picture mail, and some other crap, but unlimited txt will cost an extra $15 wich sucks but since i mainly txt people i would have to go with that, so i guess its not all that bad,
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    according to the sprint rep the PAM plan includes Powervision and Sprint TV,unlimited picture mail, and some other crap, but unlimited txt will cost an extra $15 wich sucks but since i mainly txt people i would have to go with that, so i guess its not all that bad,
    wow, so I'd only have to pay an extra $20 or so to get PAM? hmm, I'll have to look into it though. Perhaps its different with the SERO plan.
    I can tether now on the Treo 650 using Bluetooth and it costs me the same - $10 a month (I'm grandfathered). I don't abuse it, just use it when on vacation once or twice a year. So if I upgrade to a new phone and sign a new one or two-year deal (my deal is over), they are going to raise my data plan 400%? That doesn't seem quite fair. It's like I'm downgrading to the Treo 700P because it will cost me twice as much for similar functionality.

At the very least they should allow tethering at the lower speeds for free.
    Yep, instead of worrying how much the phone is, i'm worried moreso about the new data plan. That extra 20-50 a month is a lot to consider since i don't use the tethering too much but do like to be able to do so when i'm out and about.

Bottom line is that my cell bill could possible almost double if i buy the 700p. They really need to improve the promotions to ugrade to this.
    I agree. the cost of phone isn't issue for me. it's the increase in plan costs. I pay $80 x 20percent corp discount. I have ghrandfathered unlmtd vision. now I will have to pay $40 for data and $15 for text msgs??

....not worth upgrading IMO
    I'll be buying it with no bonuses. Work pays my cellphone bill on their own plan, so I can't use any specials. Oh well. It all works out in the end.
    What if I buy the phone on a regular plan as a new customer THEN switch to SERO?

I am not currently with Sprint, so I would be a brand new customer.

Would this work?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    So what you are saying if I have a treo650 and I have no contract but have sprint service I still would not get the phone for 399 because I am not a new costomer ?
    the 399 is only for non sprint users ??
    I am currently out of contract with Sprint. I share the concerns of some others who are more concern with changes to their existing plan than the cost of the device. I don't want to lose my unlimited text messaging. Obviously plan needs to change to add EVDO. It is not possible just to add it to the existing plan?

Has anyone figured this out yet?
    If you look on Sprint's site now, it lists $25 as the cost of Phone as Modem for a PPC-6700 smartphone. Can anyone reconcile this with the $49.99 for PAM mentioned in this Treocentral article: http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/816-1.htm ?

Why is there a $25 PAM unlimited charge for the PPC-6700 but a reported $50 PAM unlimited charge for the 700p?

Damon
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_arm
    I agree. the cost of phone isn't issue for me. it's the increase in plan costs. I pay $80 x 20percent corp discount. I have ghrandfathered unlmtd vision. now I will have to pay $40 for data and $15 for text msgs??

....not worth upgrading IMO

I agree. That's crazy!!! I am not gonna give up my $10 vision with unlimited everything (cept video) for a $40 plan. plus $15 here and there to get the same setupup I have now. EVDO and bluetooth 1.2 isn't worth it. I'll keep my 650!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite

Shadow: how does my plan sound? Sign up for SERO, get the A900. Buy the 700p at full retail for $650, sell the A900 for net cash $150 ($300 on ebay - $150 cost), net cost $500.

Will there be any trouble in changing ESN so quickly?
    Sprintís historically more cost effective data plan is what caused me to switch to them from Verizon. The unlimited plan for the Sprint 700p is going to put it right up there with the VZW unlimited, right? If thatís the case, I may just jump back to VZW if I want a 700p since the VZE coverage seems to be a bit better where I normally travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Sprintís historically more cost effective data plan is what caused me to switch to them from Verizon. The unlimited plan for the Sprint 700p is going to put it right up there with the VZW unlimited, right? If thatís the case, I may just jump back to VZW if I want a 700p since the VZE coverage seems to be a bit better where I normally travel.

???

nonono. Sprint's unlimited EVDO plan is $15. Verizon's is $45.

It's the Phone-as-Modem plan that will cost you dearly with both.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    What if I buy the phone on a regular plan as a new customer THEN switch to SERO?

Would this work?
    I have the same question -- anybody?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast