1.    #1  
    I currently have a Nextel i870 and a HP iPAQ Windows PDA. Iíll be going off to college in the fall and I really canít stand the idea of carrying around these two things. I saw that the 700p was coming out fairly soon. I was wondering if there is anyone that switched from a phone & Windows PDA to a Palm PDA / Phone and could comment on how the switch was and if they would do it again? Would the 700w be a better choice? Thanks.
    Before getting a 600 (and then 650 shortly after), I had an LG 4400, and a Toshiba e755. For the most part, the Treo is the only thing I carry. I do still use my Pocket PC for work, but other than that, it stays home.

Depends on your needs, and what you do with your iPaq. The 700w might be a better choice if your comfortable with WM, but if I were going to a WM phone, which is looking more and more a reality, I'd look to the 6700 (or similar version.)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    The main things I do are calendar, tasks, some notes, MS Word (or like) documents, some small games once in a while (solitar), e-mail, and web browsing.
    Quote Originally Posted by camhabib
    The main things I do are calendar, tasks, some notes, MS Word (or like) documents, some small games once in a while (solitar), e-mail, and web browsing.

Then the Treo 700p is all you need.
    I went from a Motorola v551 and a HX4705 to the 650. I miss the great screen and some MS features, many basic apps on an MS machine require a 3rd party app on the 650. I plan to upgrade to a 8125 later this month.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I went from a Motorola v551 and a HX4705 to the 650. I miss the great screen and some MS features, many basic apps on an MS machine require a 3rd party app on the 650. I plan to upgrade to a 8125 later this month.
    You're just cranky cuz you're on Cingular.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by camhabib
    Before, WM devices had the edge in document management out of the box but the 700p will have Docstogo 8 preinstalled. I think the amount of small games, especially free ones, is greater for Palm OS. Just about every piece of software I have installed is freeware.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    You're just cranky cuz you're on Cingular.
    LOL! Actually, I'm a Cingular fan.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    I think you should try both 700w and 700p and then decide for youself. Each device has its pros and cons, and what works for others may not work for you.

You really can't go wrong with either one.
    I used a pocket PC before switching to Mac. Palm works better with Mac so I choose the Treo. Windows mobile syncs better with Outlook but I found that it hoged memory. The Palm makes better use of memory and has many more programs available. Palm doesn't mulit-task but you can get used to it. So it depends on what you need and how you will use the phone.