Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The P will be my first Treo. Any advice on accessories or must have-programs? Thanks!
    A protective case would be a start (will by my first treo too).
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkimcpa
    A protective case would be a start (will by my first treo too).
    But which one?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    But which one?!?!
    Plan on clipping it to your belt? Or carry in your pocket?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

5.    #5  
    Pocket for me, please.
    I plan on clipping on my belt.
    Need to carry extra SD cards at the same time?
    Casual or professional use?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

700p = first Treo? First piece of advice: fall on your knees and weep with joy. Second piece of advice, echoing everyone else: case. I like the little flexible skins. Third piece of advice: screen protector. Fourth piece of advice: Treocentral.com and not Off Topic Department.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Need to carry extra SD cards at the same time?
    Casual or professional use?
    I'll probably get a 2 or 4 gb card, so one will probably do. Casual and professional use! Mostly intense casual use. I text and wirelessly web a lot. I'll also be using much of the PDA functionality.
    me = casual + professional
    anyone know if you can sync with google calendar? i love that thing
    I carry my 650 naked in my left pants pocket. If you do that, don't put anything else in that pocket.

As for apps, I'm sure everyone has their favorites. Here are a couple:
    - TCPMP (see http://www.corecodec.com) if you want to play videos.
    - KeyCapsHack. Press-and-hold a letter to capitalize it.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Get the insurance!
    Get verichat for instant messaging.
    Is the 700p the same form factor as the 700w? If so, I'm thinking I better get that vaja case on order.
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon
    Is the 700p the same form factor as the 700w? If so, I'm thinking I better get that vaja case on order.
    Yes, they have the same form factor, just different screen resolution and different OS.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Get verichat for instant messaging.
    does verichat work w/the other im clients like yahoo and aim? does it work the same way, as in real time?
    Last edited by oddlou; 05/15/2006 at 11:56 PM.
    i always put my treo 650 on my back right pocket, i like to keep it simple.
    so funny
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    insurance, screen protector
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast