Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Hi,

I updated my software to CNG 1.17 but VersaMail still shows the version as 3.1C, not D as advertised. How do I upgrade VersaMail to D? Did I do something wrong in the upgrade?
    When did you update your firmware?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    There is an update that supposedly does this. V1b.17-CNG. I have that version.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I updated to 1.17 CNG shortly after it was released which I think was about 4 or 5 months ago.
    My version of Versamail says v.3.1D-1 with firmware version V1b.17-CNG. It STILL doesn't work with AOL email. Is there anyone who has successfully gotten Versamail to work with AOL???
    Quote Originally Posted by Androw
    I updated to 1.17 CNG shortly after it was released which I think was about 4 or 5 months ago.
    That's the reason. The update to Versamail was slipstreamed on March 8, 2006.

Re-download and re-apply the update.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    That's the reason. The update to Versamail was slipstreamed on March 8, 2006.

Re-download and re-apply the update.
    But Versamail STILL does not work with AOL email. What the ****. A lot of people have AOL, so it makes no sense to me that it wouldn't work with it. Anybody???
    What differences are there between Versamail 3.1C and D? Is it even worth the bother? My Treo's been working perfectly fine, so I'm not planning on re-flashing unless something major is released.
    No need to re-flash if you are happy. I think they just added some more pre-defined settings for various major ISP's mailboxes.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude
    But Versamail STILL does not work with AOL email. What the ****. A lot of people have AOL, so it makes no sense to me that it wouldn't work with it. Anybody???
    It should work if you set up your aol email properly.

Basic Email Settings for AOL:
    Incoming mail (POP3) server: imap.aol.com (port 143; for encrypted or SSL mail settings, choose port 993)
    Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: smtp.aol.com (requires authentication; use port 587 or 25)
    Account Name/Login Name: your AOL screen name

How to set up AOL email on Treo 650:

1. Go to Applications and select VersaMail.
    2. Press the Menu key. Select Accounts, and then select Account Setup.
    3. Select New.
    4. Enter a descriptive name (e.g. “friends” or “family”) in the Account Name field.
    5. Select the Mail Service pick list, and then select AOL. Select Next.
    6. Enter your AOL screename (your email address without the “@aol.com”). 7. Select the Password box, enter your email account password, and select OK. When you are done, select Next.
    8. Make sure the information on this screen is correct, then select Next.
    9. To complete the account setup process with standard mail settings, select Next. If you'd like to enable encryption for your incoming mail, select Advanced.
    10. Check the box next to ‘Use Secure Connection (SSL).’ Select Next.
    11. Encryption and SSL are not yet available for outgoing mail. Select Done to complete the account setup process.
    Quote Originally Posted by delle
    It should work if you set up your aol email properly.

Basic Email Settings for AOL:
    Incoming mail (POP3) server: imap.aol.com (port 143; for encrypted or SSL mail settings, choose port 993)
    Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: smtp.aol.com (requires authentication; use port 587 or 25)
    Account Name/Login Name: your AOL screen name

How to set up AOL email on Treo 650:

1. Go to Applications and select VersaMail.
    2. Press the Menu key. Select Accounts, and then select Account Setup.
    3. Select New.
    4. Enter a descriptive name (e.g. “friends” or “family”) in the Account Name field.
    5. Select the Mail Service pick list, and then select AOL. Select Next.
    6. Enter your AOL screename (your email address without the “@aol.com”). 7. Select the Password box, enter your email account password, and select OK. When you are done, select Next.
    8. Make sure the information on this screen is correct, then select Next.
    9. To complete the account setup process with standard mail settings, select Next. If you'd like to enable encryption for your incoming mail, select Advanced.
    10. Check the box next to ‘Use Secure Connection (SSL).’ Select Next.
    11. Encryption and SSL are not yet available for outgoing mail. Select Done to complete the account setup process.
    Hey, thanks so much for the detailed reply. The thing is, firmware V1.17-CNG already has AOL as an ISP that you just have to select. Why doesn't it work that way? Also, you said select POP3? AOL is IMAP, isn't it? Finally, are you, or anyone else for that matter, successfully running Versamail with your AOL email account(s)???

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude
    Hey, thanks so much for the detailed reply. The thing is, firmware V1.17-CNG already has AOL as an ISP that you just have to select. Why doesn't it work that way? Also, you said select POP3? AOL is IMAP, isn't it? Finally, are you, or anyone else for that matter, successfully running Versamail with your AOL email account(s)???

Thanks again!
    I have an Aol account in Versamail and it is working fine!!I'm using POP 3 for AOL..

Since your using Cingular; try to review your email settings;

Mail Service: AOL
    Incoming mail server: imap.aol.com
    Outgoing mail server: smtp.aol.com
    (Advanced) Incoming Server Port Number: 143
    (Advanced) Outgoing Server Port Number: 587

You can try editing the incoming and outgoing server for AOL and use POP3 instead..You'll never know unless you will try..hehe

Also, do you get an error message after setting up your aol account?
    Cool...I'll just stick with what I have then. It works fine for my Outlook and BellSouth email accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by delle
    I have an Aol account in Versamail and it is working fine!!I'm using POP 3 for AOL..

Since your using Cingular; try to review your email settings;

Mail Service: AOL
    Incoming mail server: imap.aol.com
    Outgoing mail server: smtp.aol.com
    (Advanced) Incoming Server Port Number: 143
    (Advanced) Outgoing Server Port Number: 587

You can try editing the incoming and outgoing server for AOL and use POP3 instead..You'll never know unless you will try..hehe

Also, do you get an error message after setting up your aol account?
    No error message but it always times out after only 9 messages. I can only ever get 9 messages lol...
    i have a similar weird aol problem. ive set up as all the faqs say and when i try to "get" my aol mail it connects to the aol imap server, says it is downloading mail, completes with no error but no mail shows up in my inbox!! very weird. just a blank inbox.

when i sync versamail through palm desktop it downloads to mail perfectly but i can't do it just with the phone.

ps. i don't have the latest firmware (i have 1.15) and i don't want to do 1.17 cause i have an unlocked phone and i can;'t risk losing my data (even though its hopefully backed up in palm desktop).