1.    #1  
    As of today, Verizon officially claims they cannot provide information as to when the Treo 700p will be available. If anyone gets better information, I'd be interested to hear.

Dear pilot1000,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Collette, and I
    am happy to assist you regarding our phone offerings.

Currently, Verizon Wireless does not offer the The Palm Treo 700p. I am unable to provide
    information regarding which equipment is being considered or approximate release dates, as
    this may raise expectations that may not be met.

Although we do not have the handset you are looking for at this time, I invite you to view
    our current phone selection as a possible alternative. To view available equipment,
    please click on the following link, which will direct you the "Products" page of our

www.verizonwireless.com/products

You may also receive free e-mail updates as to when new products and services are
    available. To receive your free e-mail update please click on the following link, to view
    the "E-mail Updates" page of our website:

www.verizonwireless.com/emailupdates

There are several wireless phones being tested for functionality and reliability with our
    network. Verizon Wireless will not offer a product or service unless it meets the high
    standards our customers have come to expect. Verizon Wireless is constantly improving the
    services, features, and wireless phones we offer to our customers for their communication
    needs.

I apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless, and we look forward to servicing your needs.
    Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Collette
    Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service

"We never stop working for you!"

If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify
    us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all copies and backups
    thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless customer, this
    response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Strange. I got a similar email from Sprint.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    i called our company rep for verizon and he had no idea when it was coming out. actually, he didn't even know it was in the works. oh well. once it comes in, i'll get a slight company discount for services so i'll still go with him.
    It should be out sometime late June or early July.
    Yes, I called and no one seems to know about it. But the lady did say that if Sprint was releasing it soon, Verizon would probably jump on it to keep up with their competitors.
    Perry, the bet is the phone will be released by Sprint the week of June 5th, correct?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    The rep I spoke to today said that it was "still in testing." Yeah, whatever.

Isn't there anyone out there with a Vz connection? Or is that you Treodoctor?
    I am currently with sprint but I was curious about VZ's 700p release date. I visited 2 SoCal stores today both reps claim "700p is gonna be released first on Sprint and then for VZ after VZ gets the Q"
    I think it makes sense cause they would wanna push "Q" over 700p since its another VZ exclusive.

And I tell you one thing they both were palm haters.
    <s></s>
    If Verizon was not getting it in a similar timeframe to Sprint, why would they release both names on the Palm website? Either one company has the exclusive, or they will both try to get it out as soon as possible.
    Spoke with a product manager at a Sprint regional corporate store here today and he confirms the end of May availability on Sprint.