1.    #1  
    can I use my cingular blue (former at&t) sim card in a cingular phone (treo or other phones)?
    Nope.
    Yes, of course you can. You will have to have your Treo unlocked, though.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    To clarify - if you don't get the Cingular-branded phone unlocked, it won't accept anything but a Cingular (orange) SIM. www.650unlock.com is one of the many services that will unlock the phone, and it is inexpensive. After it is unlocked, it will accept any GSM SIM.
    If you're a current Cingular customer, you can call Cingular and ask for the unlock code. But you have to have an account with them in good standing for 3 months. And it'll take them up to 7 days to email you the code.
    But since you have a blue SIM I think that means you're not with Cingular (orange.)
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    And if you're a Cingular Blue customer trying to unlock an "AT&T" phone, they'll tell you they can't.
    You can even get it faster by having them transfer you to Tech Support. They pull the unlock code right out of their system while you're on the phone with them. I had them pull 2 unlock codes on Saturday that way.
    yes, first thing to do is call the carrier as sometime you get lucky and they give the code out

save some money
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    If you're a current Cingular customer, you can call Cingular and ask for the unlock code. But you have to have an account with them in good standing for 3 months. And it'll take them up to 7 days to email you the code.
    But since you have a blue SIM I think that means you're not with Cingular (orange.)
    I think Cingular will not unlock Cingular blue phones... You are a Cingular customer unlocking a Cingular orange phone, so you should be fine.

AT&T (Cingular blue) had strict unlocking proceedures, they did not unlock phone at all.

I just unlocked a Cingular phone using someone else's account, and the phone was never used on that account.

I would definitly try to get it unlocked. I did it all via email and received my code fast, within hours of getting the 7-10 day notification.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.