1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a free RSS application for the Palm OS. Specifically I have a Treo 650, but I'm sure that anything would work. I usually have Java installed so if something is J2ME that should work as well. I don't mind paying a little bit, but at that point, I just may try to develop my own.

Any thoughts on what I should try?
    QuickNews www.standalone.com

Best by far. Make sure to get the latest beta 1.23az

www.standalone.com/beta
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Many thanks. Will give it a go.
    I like Bloglines as it has both a mobile and desktop version. http://www.bloglines.com
  5.    #5  
    I could never get into Bloglines. I love using Mozilla Thunderbird for my desktop app.
    There is the ever-popular option of having your feeds emailed to you instead of running a separate app and eating memory with it. See rssfwd.com and squeet.com.
    I use MobileRSS which works great with Blazer.
    I use squeet.com and forward feeds to my AIM IMAP account. The use Chatter to read the feed
    Quick News also works with SHSH's 2Day program. Ben
    Also recall that Avantgo now does RSS as well and it is FREE!

In addition there are various free web based solutions like newsmob as well.

http://www.newsmob.com/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Newsgator is great as an online aggregator service and sync system between multiple clients. I use NetNewsWire on my desktop macs. They pull my RSS feeds via NewsGator and stay in sync. Something I read at home is marked 'read' on my machine at work so I don't have to read duplicates.

The mobile edition is a cut down HTML version that works pretty good via Blazer, only showing you things that haven't been read in your feed collection. The mobile version is part of the sync system too. If you catch up reading on your treo, your desktop machine knows about it. The interface is pretty light so it works well with blazer and the formatting is nicely compatible.

There's a full blown web interface too with some AJAX magic for using a public web terminal or a friends machine. There's some Windows clients too, if you're stuck in a Windows world.

I used QuickNews for a long time and it worked well as a standalone app. The big problem was that I managed my feeds on my desktop and I seldom got around to syncing them with the treo. Newsgator solves all that and saves me from rehashing the same RSS entries over and over.
    Just saw this... has anyone tried using Google ereader? There is a mobile formated version now as well...

https://www.google.com/accounts/Serv...m%2Freader%2Fm

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I just tried Google Reader through Blazer. Works very well... I just wish there was a way to star items in the mobile version so I could look at them later on a desktop. If there is a way, I'm missing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjlyerly
    Newsgator is great as an online aggregator service and sync system between multiple clients. I use NetNewsWire on my desktop macs. They pull my RSS feeds via NewsGator and stay in sync. Something I read at home is marked 'read' on my machine at work so I don't have to read duplicates.

The mobile edition is a cut down HTML version that works pretty good via Blazer, only showing you things that haven't been read in your feed collection. The mobile version is part of the sync system too. If you catch up reading on your treo, your desktop machine knows about it. The interface is pretty light so it works well with blazer and the formatting is nicely compatible.

There's a full blown web interface too with some AJAX magic for using a public web terminal or a friends machine. There's some Windows clients too, if you're stuck in a Windows world.

I used QuickNews for a long time and it worked well as a standalone app. The big problem was that I managed my feeds on my desktop and I seldom got around to syncing them with the treo. Newsgator solves all that and saves me from rehashing the same RSS entries over and over.
    I use NetNewsWire on the Mac, and up until now did not understand the benefit of Newsgator - part of the most recent release.

Now I do. Thanks for introducing me to this!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    hey guys i just installed the 30 day trial of quicknews and subscribed to the engadget rss feed, they embed images in the feed but quicknews only shows a blank box where there should be an image even nthough i have the pnojpeglibrary installed too, i have the box checked to show in-line images so what am i doing wrong?
    In the feed definition screen, when you tap and hold a feed, the Edit Feed prompt is displayed - do you have "auto-download images" enabled?

ben
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    In the feed definition screen, when you tap and hold a feed, the Edit Feed prompt is displayed - do you have "auto-download images" enabled?

ben
    yeah i do, but it only seems to download images if i update through GPRS, but not when i update via hotsync, i kind of thought it would be the other way around.