Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Treoshmeo and Lady Treo!!

Sigh.

If the world has built a better mouse trap, so be it. People will run to it and Palm will die. But to say the 600,000 (do I have that number right?) people that are buying Treo's a fiscal quarter are sheep with no concept of value for the money they are spending -- is a little far-fetched.

If someone is doing it better -- they will soon conquer.

Everyone has their own priorities for a PDA, just because Palm has not met yours -- does not mean they are backwards or trash -- it just means they have not met your desires.

Cheers, Perry.
    The 700p is really a retooled 650 with the basic features that the 650 should have come with in the first place(more memory, BT 1.2). Except EVDO, since that wasn't prevalent at the time the 650 was released. I'm sorry, but that is backwards thinking from Palm. And I'm still waiting to see what the improvement is on 5.4.9 Garnet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    The 700p is really a retooled 650 with the basic features that the 650 should have come with in the first place(more memory, BT 1.2). Except EVDO, since that wasn't prevalent at the time the 650 was released. I'm sorry, but that is backwards thinking from Palm. And I'm still waiting to see what the improvement is on 5.4.9 Garnet.
    Well said
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Exactly. This isn't a 700, it's a 650a (at best.)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I thought the 650a was the version that fixed the sound level on the original 650?

I paid $649 to upgrade to that one from my 650 when it came out...I think you're mistaken...
    Pulled a prank post on what the new Treo was going to be, however, it was less on prank and more specifically, deliberate trolling. (Info supposedly gained at a legit business user conference.) Kept playing the post as real for 2 to 3 days, stringing it out. Then acted like the wounded party when called on it, saying it was an obvious joke and he had been too busy to come back to the forum and tell people otherwise. (However, he had enough time to string it out and know that it was a prank out of control -- if he was really the innocent he later claimed to be.)

It was not so much the prank -- but the arrogance and trolling that went with it. And then the wounded innocent act afterwards.
    Perry, I have been reading your posts and wonder if you realize how ridiculously seriously you take this whole Treo thing. I havent been here so long but now the 700p comes out and I dont know what to make of this site any more. A couple of very smart professional people and a whole bunch of other people who dont seem like they have a life without their mobile phone. I'll admit being totally captivated and reading through the whole 800p thread this week since it was impossible to put down, like rubbernecking at a car accident on the highway. People here talking about a class action lawsuit because it affected Palm stock? Cant make this stuff up. Some of the funniest stuff I have read in a long time. THe "Banned" added to the title is a good indicator of the entertainment to follow. Honestly Perry, it sounds to me like any reasonable person should have known it was a joke from the first paragraph and some of you just cant laugh at your own foolishness in your insane Treo obsession. At least I know if I call someone a stupid ethnic slur they will take it less seriously than if it's about a treo, LOL.

OK, enough I was just curious.
    Perfectly put. It would seem that Palm's executives will get major bonuses in the short run and may be laying off dozens of employees (and keeping their jobs) to deal with the upcoming onslaught of phones that are what consumers expect. I was totally wowed by the Nokia E61. With all these phones with built in Wifi, sufficient RAM and battery life, the Treo is quickly becoming a has been. I am glad that I resisted my impulse to wait for the 700p and just go to the PPC side, as much as I dislike Windows Mobile. Now that I have I am finding joy in being no longer tethered to Palm. You know the next phone will not have the "universal connector" and I will be forced to buy all new accessories. When that time comes I will buy the best phone I can find and chances are that will not likely be the Palm Treo series unfortunately, which Colligan and Co. have run into the ground in the name of fraudulent marketing practices and inferior product.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    Perry, I have been reading your posts and wonder if you realize how ridiculously seriously you take this whole Treo thing. I havent been here so long but now the 700p comes out and I dont know what to make of this site any more. A couple of very smart professional people and a whole bunch of other people who dont seem like they have a life without their mobile phone. I'll admit being totally captivated and reading through the whole 800p thread this week since it was impossible to put down, like rubbernecking at a car accident on the highway. People here talking about a class action lawsuit because it affected Palm stock? Cant make this stuff up. Some of the funniest stuff I have read in a long time. THe "Banned" added to the title is a good indicator of the entertainment to follow. Honestly Perry, it sounds to me like any reasonable person should have known it was a joke from the first paragraph and some of you just cant laugh at your own foolishness in your insane Treo obsession. At least I know if I call someone a stupid ethnic slur they will take it less seriously than if it's about a treo, LOL.

OK, enough I was just curious.

1. You have obviously missed my intent over the last 8 months.

2. As for Slinky, he had enough time and credibiliity on the forum to be given the benefit of the doubt. Several doubted at first, but he insisted in subsequent posts and drug it out and then was mad about it. At the time of his departure -- he was trolling. The prank's first posting was fine IMHO, it was his subsequent actions, arrogance and poor little ole me attitude afterwards that I take issue with.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    More Palm pansies with their panties in a bind if you ask me, P. To ban him was silly and petty.

P.S. Treoshmeo sounds a lot like slinky, well spoken with a bit of sarcasm.
    PAP (pulling a Perry) and quoting myself, Treoshmeo is slinky?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Shall I consider it so?
    Shall I consider it so?
    I think so, well written with a hint of sarcasm.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Thank You.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Yeah, I don't work for palm, although I wouldn't mind doing so, it'd be fun to be on the treo projects there. As for how they got my address, you'd have to ask them. It's likely they just traced down the ESN.

If I had been working for Palm, it's almost certain I woulda had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, in which case my posts would have easily gotten me fired, and I definitely wouldn't have jeopardized a job. Everyone was just lucky that I accidentally stumbled upon that ad. It was a fun run (albiet an expensive one for me).
    Still can't believe they didn't reimburse you. I think i woulda told them to scratch but then again, I am looking in hindsight and I don't have the secret police at my door .
    Hi Treoshmeo and Lady Treo!!

Sigh.

If the world has built a better mouse trap, so be it. People will run to it and Palm will die. But to say the 600,000 (do I have that number right?) people that are buying Treo's a fiscal quarter are sheep with no concept of value for the money they are spending -- is a little far-fetched.

If someone is doing it better -- they will soon conquer.

Everyone has their own priorities for a PDA, just because Palm has not met yours -- does not mean they are backwards or trash -- it just means they have not met your desires.

Cheers, Perry.

I agree ..... for me the difference between the 600 and 650 was huge (BT meaning no dongle to my ear and 320 x 320)...many 600 owners didn't think it was a big deal. Now with the 700, many don't think it's a big deal, others find EVDO alone worth the improvement.

And again, no one's answered the repeated question, where is this magic device that has 320 x320 min touch screen, no slide out KB and ALL the features of the 700p ??? If it doesn't exist, I can't quite uinderstand who it is that palm is supposed to be lagging behind. And if it don't have a touch screen, 3G or has a slide out KB, is one hand functionally diabled, don't bother listing.

Why do people expect that moving up one model is gonna rock their world ?....do cars routionely have earth shattering additions from 2006 to 2007 models ? Do PC's ? Does anything ?

My current vehicles are a 2005 Envoy XL and a 1978 Porsche 930 (the latter affectionally called "my 1st wife"). Before the Envoy, my last vehicle was a 1994 Conversion Van (as explanation why the big vehicles.... 3 kids, little league manager, cub scout master, dogs, I work on construction sites). I can't think of anything that the 2005 model has that the 1994 model didn't other than 4 WD, better mileage, 3 extra ciggie lighter outlets and a different set of air bags. I am OK with that as I don't see other models out there with all the things I already have plus a long list of things I want in there.

Same with my PDA / phones....the markets feature list moves so slowly that buying every other model is just fine for me.
    IMHO, Palm will continue to build devices that meet the specifications for the masses, not the AlienWare crowd. Just the way it is.
    With Alienware's user rating at resllerratings.com, their troubles with BBB and Cem, Kamer's experiences (alienwaresucks.com) and now Dell buying them, whose reseller rating is half of alienware's...the alienware crowd seems to be a very unhappy one. Now looking at say WindowPC's reseller rating ..... I'd buy their Treo
  15. jjd
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Why do people expect that moving up one model is gonna rock their world ?....do cars routionely have earth shattering additions from 2006 to 2007 models ? Do PC's ? Does anything ?

My current vehicles are a 2005 Envoy XL and a 1978 Porsche 930 (the latter affectionally called "my 1st wife").
    I think if you upgraded from your 930 to the new 997-based Turbo, it would definitely rock your world.

--Jim--
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why not call the 650 be the 600a and the 700 a 600b ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjd
    I think if you upgraded from your 930 to the new 997-based Turbo, it would definitely rock your world.
    0.7 seconds 0-60 advantage but I like the 930's looks better.
    Wow, you guys have a lot of time on your hands. Let us know the results of the handwriting analysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I agree ..... for me the difference between the 600 and 650 was huge (BT meaning no dongle to my ear and 320 x 320)...many 600 owners didn't think it was a big deal. Now with the 700, many don't think it's a big deal, others find EVDO alone worth the improvement.

Jack, I think the difference is that with the Palm models they aren't even up to market standard, e.g. insufficient RAM of 64MB, WiFi included. It's like upgrading your favorite car but not putting in power doors and windows. After a certain point you just spent enough money on your car and say you don't care if they finally put it in next year... there are other choices that have finally made your favorite car just an alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    Jack, I think the difference is that with the Palm models they aren't even up to market standard, e.g. insufficient RAM of 64MB, WiFi included. It's like upgrading your favorite car but not putting in power doors and windows. After a certain point you just spent enough money on your car and say you don't care if they finally put it in next year... there are other choices that have finally made your favorite car just an alternative.
    OK, what's the big deal with WiFi?? It has a built-in EVDO modem. What are you going to do with WiFi you can't do with EVDO?? It is a pocket device, not a computer. If I want to use Outlook or surf the web and see the pages as the designers intended I'll grab my laptop. I can honestly say I'm glad it doesn't have WiFi because I think it would be useless IMHO.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast