Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That was stupidity on their part. Any attempt to verify, or even to come here and read the source post would've disproved that story in an instant.

I don't even think Jimmie fell for that.
    I don't get it. If it was such an obvious joke - which it was - why all the hoopla and the permanent banning of a user?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    I don't get it. If it was such an obvious joke - which it was - why all the hoopla and the permanent banning of a user?
    He was only banned for a few weeks, maybe a month at first. But he repeatedly created new accounts to rant and rave, and make an *** of himself. That is why he was permantly banned.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    ...he repeatedly created new accounts to rant and rave, and make an *** of himself.
    Thankfully I won't get banned...I don't create new accounts to do that...
    That must have been a little scary having someone from Palm show up at your doorstep. Too bad it wasn't Donna Dubinsky, she's a hottie.
    (kidding)
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    That must have been a little scary having someone from Palm show up at your doorstep. Too bad it wasn't Donna Dubinsky, she's a hottie.
    (kidding)

Whatever floats your...

http://www.yalealumnimagazine.com/is...s/dubinsky.jpg
    Looks like Dana Carvey with man-boobs.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Looks like Dana Carvey with man-boobs.
    You be the judge...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    You be the judge...

click

You guys know I was kidding, right??? Dana Carvey,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Huh? I QUOTED you! Just adding a visual que to the MANY diaper-wearing treo users who may have never seen Dana Carvey before!

My god -- I was in the coffee shop yesterday and made some comment about Mr Roarke and Tattoo and the manager of the coffee shop stared blankly at me. I said...you know..."Fantasy Island" ?? He asked me what it was. I said it was on ABC after the "Love Boat" on Friday nights. "Oh, I've seen Love Boat in re-runs before...but I've never heard of Fantasy Island".

Where the hell is my walking cane?!?
    Huh? I QUOTED you! Just adding a visual que to the MANY diaper-wearing treo users who may have never seen Dana Carvey before!

My god -- I was in the coffee shop yesterday and made some comment about Mr Roarke and Tattoo and the manager of the coffee shop stared blankly at me. I said...you know..."Fantasy Island" ?? He asked me what it was. I said it was on ABC after the "Love Boat" on Friday nights. "Oh, I've seen Love Boat in re-runs before...but I've never heard of Fantasy Island".

Where the hell is my walking cane?!?
    So that is you in the avatar...
    He was only banned for a few weeks, maybe a month at first. But he repeatedly created new accounts to rant and rave, and make an *** of himself. That is why he was permantly banned.
    I understand what you are saying but I still don't understand why he was banned at all (for a few weeks ????) for a post that everyone is saying was an obvious joke. And now when I read the post I saw a bunch of nasty stuff added by some admin that would probably make me pissed like an Irishman on Saint Paddy's if I was left to blow in the wind while someone too free shots to the body.

Well, anyway thanks for the explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    I understand what you are saying but I still don't understand why he was banned at all (for a few weeks ????) for a post that everyone is saying was an obvious joke. And now when I read the post I saw a bunch of nasty stuff added by some admin that would probably make me pissed like an Irishman on Saint Paddy's if I was left to blow in the wind while someone too free shots to the body.

Well, anyway thanks for the explanation.
    Maybe it was a matter of CYA on T|C's part? I dunno. FWIW, I didn't think he deserved a ban, (for the joke) and even said as much in one of the threads, not that it mattered to anyone who matters.

can someone refresh my memory on exactly what slinky did?
    Pulled a prank post on what the new Treo was going to be, however, it was less on prank and more specifically, deliberate trolling. (Info supposedly gained at a legit business user conference.) Kept playing the post as real for 2 to 3 days, stringing it out. Then acted like the wounded party when called on it, saying it was an obvious joke and he had been too busy to come back to the forum and tell people otherwise. (However, he had enough time to string it out and know that it was a prank out of control -- if he was really the innocent he later claimed to be.)

It was not so much the prank -- but the arrogance and trolling that went with it. And then the wounded innocent act afterwards.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/25/2006 at 07:50 PM.
    that was the Treo 800p with 3 megapixel camera right? Spread all over the web
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    that was the Treo 800p with 3 megapixel camera right? Spread all over the web
    That would be the one.

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    That would be the one.
    Someone once told me I'd win the lottery the day flaming monkeys came flying out of my computer....looks like it's my lucky day...
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Pulled a prank post on what the new Treo was going to be, however, it was less on prank and more specifically, deliberate trolling. (Info supposedly gained at a legit business user conference.) Kept playing the post as real for 2 to 3 days, stringing it out. Then acted like the wounded party when called on it, saying it was an obvious joke and he had been too busy to come back to the forum and tell people otherwise. (However, he had enough time to string it out and know that it was a prank out of control -- if he was really the innocent he later claimed to be.)

It was not so much the prank -- but the arrogance and trolling that went with it. And then the wounded innocent act afterwards.
    More Palm pansies with their panties in a bind if you ask me, P. To ban him was silly and petty.

P.S. Treoshmeo sounds a lot like slinky, well spoken with a bit of sarcasm.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Someone once told me I'd win the lottery the day flaming monkeys came flying out of my computer....looks like it's my lucky day...
    Now if that pig would fly out of my arse...
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast