Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Yeah, I don't work for palm, although I wouldn't mind doing so, it'd be fun to be on the treo projects there. As for how they got my address, you'd have to ask them. It's likely they just traced down the ESN.

If I had been working for Palm, it's almost certain I woulda had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, in which case my posts would have easily gotten me fired, and I definitely wouldn't have jeopardized a job. Everyone was just lucky that I accidentally stumbled upon that ad. It was a fun run (albiet an expensive one for me).
    Thanks for replying. I'll understand if you can't / won't answer. Was just curious how they approached you. Did they come meet you? Were there threats (legal, not physical)?

No offer of reimbursement?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Thanks for replying. I'll understand if you can't / won't answer. Was just curious how they approached you. Did they come meet you? Were there threats (legal, not physical)?

No offer of reimbursement?
    A person representing palm came to my door, he was very nice about it, and made no threats (I'm guessing because I told them I was willing to cooperate when I found it it was stolen). Unfortunately, it looks like they won't be offering reimbursement, although I hope they do.
    lol....do you wish you had sold it when you had the chance, before you knew it was stolen? I guess they acted too quickly tho. It would be a huge act of good will to give you one since you turned it over with out a hassle, helped them recover their stolen property, and are out the money you paid. Who knows, maybe you will get a suprise in the mail?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Yeah, I don't work for palm, although I wouldn't mind doing so, it'd be fun to be on the treo projects there. As for how they got my address, you'd have to ask them. It's likely they just traced down the ESN.

If I had been working for Palm, it's almost certain I woulda had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, in which case my posts would have easily gotten me fired, and I definitely wouldn't have jeopardized a job. Everyone was just lucky that I accidentally stumbled upon that ad. It was a fun run (albiet an expensive one for me).
    Did they not compensate you??
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki
    maybe you will get a suprise in the mail?
    lol, a bonus, perhaps?

A person representing palm came to my door...
    I'm kind of joking here, accusing you of this or that, but I find it fun to conspire, and especially so, when you post things like these.. I mean, we're talking about Palm here.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    A person representing palm came to my door, he was very nice about it, and made no threats (I'm guessing because I told them I was willing to cooperate when I found it it was stolen). Unfortunately, it looks like they won't be offering reimbursement, although I hope they do.
    That's weird. They didn't call or send a notice? Does Palm have its own secret service agents?
    Sure, they wanted to keep it a secret that they really made no significant improvements over the 650 except EVDO. Oh yeah, we get 1.2 BT also, when everything else newer will soon be 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Sure, they wanted to keep it a secret that they really made no significant improvements over the 650 except EVDO. Oh yeah, we get 1.2 BT also, when everything else newer will soon be 2.0.

O man, Lady Treo is bacccccccccck
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    That is the truth in a nutshell. I found this post to be unfortunately the whole truth and nothing but the truth about Palm. The 700p is **** poor and not a surprise.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=24

Watch people with a ton of Palm software flock to it because they have nothing else to turn to. As sad as it is, dumping my investment and going PocketPC seems like a great move. Doesn't seem like any new Palm PDA phones are coming out soon by other manufacturers. Good riddance.
    I forgot that the 700p includes the memory that the 650 should have had in the first place. Another "plus" if you can really call it that, I call it a bit late.
    Hi Treoshmeo and Lady Treo!!

Sigh.

If the world has built a better mouse trap, so be it. People will run to it and Palm will die. But to say the 600,000 (do I have that number right?) people that are buying Treo's a fiscal quarter are sheep with no concept of value for the money they are spending -- is a little far-fetched.

If someone is doing it better -- they will soon conquer.

Everyone has their own priorities for a PDA, just because Palm has not met yours -- does not mean they are backwards or trash -- it just means they have not met your desires.

Cheers, Perry.
    One man's trash is another man's treo, err. treasure. Lol, the 700p is an awesome device.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

Sigh.

If the world has built a better mouse trap, so be it. People will run to it and Palm will die. But to say the 600,000 (do I have that number right?) people that are buying Treo's a fiscal quarter are sheep with no concept of value for the money they are spending -- is a little far-fetched.

Everyone has their own priorities for a PDA, just because Palm has not met yours -- does not mean they are backwards or trash -- it just means they have not met your desires.

Cheers, Perry.

Once again, perry hits the nail on the head. There are obviously better PDA's out there but people are buying TREO's for a reason. That reason, is at the discretion of the buyer. It might be that Wifi is not a deal breaker for those 600,000.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

Sigh.

Cheers, Perry.
    Totally agree. Sure Palm could do better but why should they? The 700P will probably sell well just like the 650 did. The "market" will take care of Palm if it finds that the device is not the proper solution for the masses.

With that said, the 700P is a fine device for those of us who skipped the 650 and do not need WiFi.

The problem with gadget freaks who like smartphones is that no single device has EVERY desirable feature. One has better software, one is more stable, another has a better form factor, and another functions better as a phone, yet another does email better, etc. When the single device to rule them all is created, that company will sell tons to both business and personal users. Until then, if a user wants a smartphone he will have to accept deficiences in EVERY device currently on the market.

It is ok to complain but the best bet is to teach Palm a lesson by keeping your wallet closed. If someone else is paying for your phones or you have lots of income to spare on them, go ahead and upgrade each time a new release is made. If that situation does not apply to you, then you have to be selective when you choose to buy a new device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Slinky? Who fell for that crap??
    Ummm... well, many major tech websites for starters...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Ummm... well, many major tech websites for starters...
    That was one of the best jokes I have ever seen. Anyone with half a brain was laughing their head off. The end result completely redefined my appreciation of the words "journalistic integrity" and appreciation for the fact that the Internet is all about syndication for page views with a desire to put forth a modicum of effort. Pooh!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hova
    Once again, perry hits the nail on the head. There are obviously better PDA's out there but people are buying TREO's for a reason. That reason, is at the discretion of the buyer. It might be that Wifi is not a deal breaker for those 600,000.
    It's about what I discussed earlier. The bottom line here is that Palm executives get a bonus for making a lot of money in the short run but this will come at the expense of the long term health of the company and product line.

Note that Palm is also the only company selling Palm OS. They have a monopoly so they can rape the remaining Palm fanatics with incremental upgrades. Unless the new co. releases a new version of the Palm OS for other phones and soon, you've just sunk your investment in a phone that better last you for two years... and without WiFi. That is an AWFULLY long time.

It seems that the 700w will also experience a short life of enthusiastic purchasing thanks to the RAM stupidity which has finally reached the knowledge of the masses. Palm has quickly begun losing its brand name and repute as a market leader and is falling into the pack. We'll see where they are in a few years... and it's also probably the reason Colligan stated that selling the software portion of the co. might not have been such a good idea...
    Agreed.

Cobalt was a 2 year set back for Palm.

ALP, Palm/Linux, or whatever they are cooking up in the basement had better fly next time around -- or Palm will be on the downward slide.

IMHO, Palm will continue to build devices that meet the specifications for the masses, not the AlienWare crowd. Just the way it is. I wonder how many people would buy a $1200 700G? Maybe there is a profitable market for a Geek Treo.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/25/2006 at 08:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    That was one of the best jokes I have ever seen. Anyone with half a brain was laughing their head off. The end result completely redefined my appreciation of the words "journalistic integrity" and appreciation for the fact that the Internet is all about syndication for page views with a desire to put forth a modicum of effort. Pooh!!!
    I don't disagree - I was just responding to Insertion's post that lots of sources outside Treocentral members took the story and ran with it.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I don't disagree - I was just responding to Insertion's post that lots of sources outside Treocentral members took the story and ran with it.
    That was stupidity on their part. Any attempt to verify, or even to come here and read the source post would've disproved that story in an instant.

I don't even think Jimmie fell for that.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast