1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a utility or service that will monitor multiple IMAP email accounts and send a text message to my Treo when new email is detected. Ideally it would send me the subject and beginning of the body of the note. Even more ideally, it would allow me to define rules that would let me control which email messages trigger an alert.

I use Verizon Wireless as my provider, and I don't want to pay for their unlimted data service. Right now, I have my email hosting provider set up to copy new messages to my VZW text address. Usually I get enough of the message to be useful; when I don't, I can use VersaMail to get the message (paying VZW by the KB).

This normally works fine, but quite often VZW sends a bounce message (550 SMTP connection refused) back to the original sender. This confuses the sender.

What I would like is either a web-based service or a Windows application I can install on my home server that can monitor my inboxes and send a copy of new mail to my phone (either as an SMS to my number or via email to my vtext.com address).

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Tom
    You might consider ChatterEmail. It has TRUE push for most IMAP accounts (no SMS alert necessary), but there's also integrated SMS alerting.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Hi Marc,
    Thanks for the reply. ChatterEmail looks great, but the point is, I don't want to pay VZW's exorbitant rates for a data plan. So I want to get the email notifications as SMS, which will suffice 99% of the time.

Tom
    I have fastmail set up to do exactly what you want, I get the SMS in about 5 seconds after getting an email.

Jeff