Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Webby you're going to give up the 6700 for the 700p?
    I too have given up the 6700 and gone back to the 650 while waiting for the 700p
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I too have given up the 6700 and gone back to the 650 while waiting for the 700p

I did the same thing and honestly there are some things in this life we take for granted... for me it was the Palm OS... I'll never go back to a Windows Mobile phone.
    Telesales informed me the 700 will not "drop" until June.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Telesales told me "late May." Figures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    I agree. WM 5.0 is a bit buggy.

youre right, im SURE that the new treo P will be "rock solid."
    Yea...drop off the back of a truck...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    I did the same thing and honestly there are some things in this life we take for granted... for me it was the Palm OS... I'll never go back to a Windows Mobile phone.

Well put - taking Palm OS for granted. I didn't know what I was missing until I lost my 6700 and used my wife's Treo for a few days. Wow, memories. Then I knew it was time to go back.

But I will say this - if M$ can take care of WM's speed issues and its absolutely abysmal treatment of the expansion card, I wouldn't mind taking another look in a year or so.

Of course, if the browser and multimedia apps on the 700p are up to WM functionality, that negates two of the biggest draws for WM.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I think I'm officially in that (almost) yearly Treo induced giddiness phase that accompanies new releases....
    28th is the earliest that you will see them in store's.
    I got to review the 6700, I thought it was a great device. I preferred my 650 to it, even though it had more bells and whistles. The treo just gets the phone things right. The 6700 was more of a multimedia device to me. I'm definitely going to get the 700p, I thought I was just too much of a Palm fan, and wanted to hear other opinions
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I got to review the 6700, I thought it was a great device. I preferred my 650 to it, even though it had more bells and whistles. The treo just gets the phone things right. The 6700 was more of a multimedia device to me. I'm definitely going to get the 700p, I thought I was just too much of a Palm fan, and wanted to hear other opinions
    My opinion is, you're too much of a Palm fan.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    $300 discount? Do you know something I don't? How'd you pull that off?
    The discount/credit was for keeping my contract with Sprint for another two years. The rep seemed surprised that I had not been contacted when my previous contract expired. He initially would only give me the discount on a 700p for one line, but then "after checking with his supervisor" (sounds like buying a car) he agreed to give me the $300.00 off on the second line. Of course this doesn't amount to anything until we get the pricing ($1000.00-$300.00=$700.00), but I did "seal the deal" by paying for the difference in the price of the two Samsung A900s which have been shipped and I have a confirmation number. Hopefully I will get the 700p for about $350.00.
    Legalbeagle
    "The end of the month" is what I heard both times from sprint reps.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    I made this very same mistake many years ago during the PDA era....never again
    <--------------Palm fan
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12