Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Are any of the new features/programs going to be able to be moved from the 700P to the 650?
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Interesting question. it might be possible for the whole rom to be uplaoded.
    I would like to check out the VoiceMemo app and new messaging UI
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    Are any of the new features/programs going to be able to be moved from the 700P to the 650?
    New ROM updater should have all the new stuff, or people will custom ROM their devices anyway.....
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    New ROM updater should have all the new stuff, or people will custom ROM their devices anyway.....

I would highly doubt that they give everyone the new Blazer and the streaming media. That would be one less incentive to upgrade.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I would highly doubt that they give everyone the new Blazer and the streaming media. That would be one less incentive to upgrade.
    I think he meant once the rom gets extracted from the updater we'll be able to custom rom it.
    I have a small program. It's extracting all rom files to a SD card folder. If you have a Treo 700p i can send you?
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    Thats the kind of program that you we need to be able to get the apps on a 650. But the 700p is not out yet so i doubt hes got one, lol. We will have to wait until they begin sales.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    The 750p ROM has been leaked, you just need to know where to look.
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    The 750p ROM has been leaked, you just need to know where to look.
    slinky's got it.......
    There's always next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I think he meant once the rom gets extracted from the updater we'll be able to custom rom it.
    Ok - I interpreted it as 'the new ROM update will have it anyway, and if not, we'll make our own'. The point of my reply was that we shouldn't hold our collective breath for Palm's 'Lowtide' update.

Custom ROMs? Where do I sign up?
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    That's what I'm talking about. A custom ROM to include some of the features we can get out of the 700P.

I plan to upgrade but it is going to be a little while and I will be keeping 650 in the family...
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    I'd love to get a hold of Blazer from the 700p
    Jimmie Geddes
    Anyone got the ROM for Treo700p. It will deinitely stir up a lot of interest..

I want the Treo700p apps on my Treo650...
    There is another topic kicking around and the blazer app from the 700p is ment to be working on a treo (a 650) but the streaming is not working becuase of the background video plugin.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=114201
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by bellyhapppy
    Anyone got the ROM for Treo700p. It will deinitely stir up a lot of interest..

I want the Treo700p apps on my Treo650...
    BTW - my goal is to beat Palm at releasing a rom updater.
    Is there any way to extract the entire ROM from the 700p simulator?
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    Is there any way to extract the entire ROM from the 700p simulator?
    no...

http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopi...ight=simulator

Most of the software from the real device should work without problems.
    The emulator is a whole different story: the arm-native applications are replaced with windows-native dlls, so they won't work on the real hardware.
    If I could get the multimedia app and SPECIALLY the new Blazer, I *might* just stick with my 650 for many months to come.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast