1.    #1  
    I'm curious if the 700p will be compatible with Treo 650 accessories?

I've known an upgrade will be coming out and have been waiting to buy that Seidio car kit.

What types of things will be compatible and what types of things will not?
    Quote Originally Posted by 155

I've known an upgrade will be coming out and have been waiting to buy that Seidio car kit.

Hard to tell. TreoCentral store says that it has 300 accessories that are compatible. That would seem to suggest that the degree of compatibility is higher than we have come to expect from Palm. Cables and docking stations are the big issues. Palm almost always changes these. I now try to use BT for everything so as to avoid cable problems.
  3.    #4  
    I'm really curious about this one:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=239

The Treocentral store has one seidio cradle compatible with the Treo 700p, but none of the more expensive ones are listed.

I wonder if they just aren't sure or if they actually aren't compatible.
    This is great news if it is, i will be able to use all my current add ons.

What i am really intrested in though is if palm have put together some drivers for their wifi card for the 700p.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I'm not so sure the Seidio Innodock cradle is compatible. It worked fine with my 650 for about a year (or however long they've been available), but putting in my 700p initially caused a BSOD. After reinstalling the USB driver, Windows stopped crashing, but now as soon as I put the 700p in the cradle the 700 goes into a reset loop - which stops when I remove it from the cradle.

Is the 700p too much for the Innodock? Either way, after the way they handled the audio port on that thing ("Oh, you actually wanted music to come out of the audio port like we advertised? Well, that'll be another $10."), I won't be getting another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by otterman
    I'm not so sure the Seidio Innodock cradle is compatible. It worked fine with my 650 for about a year (or however long they've been available), but putting in my 700p initially caused a BSOD. After reinstalling the USB driver, Windows stopped crashing, but now as soon as I put the 700p in the cradle the 700 goes into a reset loop - which stops when I remove it from the cradle.

Is the 700p too much for the Innodock? Either way, after the way they handled the audio port on that thing ("Oh, you actually wanted music to come out of the audio port like we advertised? Well, that'll be another $10."), I won't be getting another one.
    Sorry to hear about your experiences. We've just released a 700p specific INNO.DOCK that will allow for audio output WITHOUT any extra parts. With the 650, we tested a variety of speakers and headsets and just didn't know that there was an impedance problem with others. We develooped and released the audio coupler just for people who were experienceing problems.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    I'm really curious about this one:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=239

The Treocentral store has one seidio cradle compatible with the Treo 700p, but none of the more expensive ones are listed.

I wonder if they just aren't sure or if they actually aren't compatible.
    In the very near future, ALL of our cradles will be compatible with the 700p. We're working on them as quickly as we can and will release them as soon as they are ready for production.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com

We've tested everything we have and if our products are compatible with the p, you will see them listed on that product page. Remember, the most accurate way of navigating to the parts that are certified to work with your Treo model is to use the navigation bar on the left to choose the Palm Treo, and then click on your model. Everything you find on the following page(s) will work with your device.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com