1.    #1  
    Basically moving from the 600 to 700p, i'd like to know if these things will remain free. LOL ok..so i really would like to know if anyone has a clue.

Right now i pay 85 a month for 2000 min and 5.00 for sprint pcs business connection with a treo 600 and a low end phone sharing the min.

Once upon a time, my wife bought the a900, but the confusing power vision pricing and all the "this will cost 2.99" to use any of the power vision features made her return it and get a regular vision phone.

But it appears that getting the 700p will make this nightmare return. I saw where it would cost 40.00 to use as modem? So are we looking at a bill that is 35 more per month for a bit faster speed? And it appears PDAnet wouldn't be needed?
    Sprint is $40/month for unlimited phone-as-modem for EVDO (Verizon is $60/month). The in-phone use is still $15/month. What we don't know is if PDAnet will make it appear as in-phone use. If so, it may be a way around the $40/month official support.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I have used my 650 as a modem over Bluetooth when in a pinch. Does this mean that I won't be able to do that if I upgrade to the 700P. Or that my data plan (currently $10 a month) will jump up $40 a month for a few uses?
    FWIW, from what I've heard, you can't add the "phone-as-modem" option to SERO plans.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I currently use my Treo 650 as BT DUN with my Powerbook and incur no extra charges with Sprint. I am hoping the Treo 700p is going to provide the same experience.
    Jimmie Geddes
  6.    #6  
    Ouch..so that 40 a month doesn't include in-phone data? We're talking an extra 55 a month then just to get what we have free now at EVDO speeds basically.
    So will we be able to use BT DUN the same way we do now with the 650, ie. no extra charge?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    So will we be able to use BT DUN the same way we do now with the 650, ie. no extra charge?
    You will most likely get charged. I think the 6700 was the last sprint power vision phone that had disabled Modem NAI. All the phones since then have Modem NAI enabled. Modem NAI is something that allows Sprint to monitor when you are using the phone as a modem (AKA DUN).

Since the phone isn't released yet there is no way to know if that can be disabled/hacked.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    You will most likely get charged. I think the 6700 was the last sprint power vision phone that had disabled Modem NAI. All the phones since then have Modem NAI enabled. Modem NAI is something that allows Sprint to monitor when you are using the phone as a modem (AKA DUN).

Since the phone isn't released yet there is no way to know if that can be disabled/hacked.

Yeah, that's what has reported on hofo as well...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...0&page=1&pp=15

I'm hoping though that an enterprising dev or hack workaround will be available to bypass the moden NAI...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions