1.    #1  
    I installed Good on my Treo650 yesterday. After giving it a go on the Treo700w that I was demoing, I decided to give it a shot on my old Treo650 (glad I did, because it works very very well!).

One thing though is that I noticed that after I have installed the following apps I am down to 2.9MB or available memory:

Goodlink
    Docs to go 8
    Chatteremail (for sending email with attachments)
    Pocket Quicken
    VolumeCare

I did a hard reset before I installed Good, but I used to have about 7 or 8 mb of free space before Good and I had a few more apps installed than I do now...

Just curious if this is normal, or if there are some temp files Good leaves on my 650 after the initial provision that I need to delete?

Thanks
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Welcome to GoodLink! I believe Good officially wants between 10 - 12MB to install, but they may finally be reducing the footprint. If Docs to Go supports the Dataviz Tech Tool, you can move most of those apps to a memory card to free up space.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Treo
    Welcome to GoodLink! I believe Good officially wants between 10 - 12MB to install, but they may finally be reducing the footprint. If Docs to Go supports the Dataviz Tech Tool, you can move most of those apps to a memory card to free up space.
    Thanks for the response. I will check out the Dataviz Tech tool, that could be handy as I know Docs to go takes up a chunk too.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  4.    #4  
    If Docs to Go supports the Dataviz Tech Tool, you can move most of those apps to a memory card to free up space.

Here is an update on this, Docs to go 8 DOES support moving the application to an expansion card! I just went from 2.9 MB free to 7.9 free, thanks Capt. Treo for the advice, I really like having that extra 5MB or RAM.

AND, this might be helpful to others as Docs to go 8, the utility to move the application to the card is now built into Docs to go, you DON'T use the "Data Viz Tech Tools" anymore.

Here is the link to the Data Viz doc id on how to move it (it's really easy):

http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13720

Thanks again Capt. Treo, you saved me from lack of RAM hell
    Can you provide more details on your comment that Good may finally be reducing the footprint? I don't use doc to go, so I am hoping you are referring the the Good application.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I have no details to give, just that seaflipper said he went from @ 8MB to 2.9MB of memory. I have seen Treos go from 18MB free to @ 10MB free on older GoodLink installs.

I cannot put my hands on the 4.8 space requirements, but I recall in the past GoodLink wanted @ 12MB free to install on a Treo. Everyone has been asking for GoodLink to not take up as much space as it does, so I am looking at 5MB as a potentially smaller footprint (still way too big), that's all.
    Afew people have asked me what the relative footprint is between the various e-mail / push alternatives. I have searched on both Goodlink and Chatter but haven't really found anything definitive on either.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Afew people have asked me what the relative footprint is between the various e-mail / push alternatives. I have searched on both Goodlink and Chatter but haven't really found anything definitive on either.
    Chatter is a lot smaller, I will tell you that - especially with the option to store all your messages on your SD Card. Works very well BUT as of yet no PIM Push Sync...
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper
    Chatter is a lot smaller,
    Just about every software title I have ever looked at gives "system requirements" ...what's the big secret with these two ? Something like...

"Program requires 800kb of space in main memory or 100kb in main memory and 700kb on SD card. Requires 10 MB free to run reliably. Figure on 3 MB - 8 MB of storage for daily message storage, 10 - 150 MB on card for archives."