1.    #1  
    I thankfully came into the Treo 650 game late and have enjoyed the benefits of several firmware upgrades both previous to and immediately after I purchased the 650. My phone has only entered the "Eternal Loop" once and no problems since.

Have there been any indications of repeat lock ups or failures? Does anyone know if the bottle neck for vision on the 650 is processor related or data reception? How much faster is the 700p's processor than the 650?
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    The 700p has the same processor as the 650. Most of the bottleneck with the 650 had to do with data speeds and lousy rendering my Blazer. Both have been improved on the 700p (supposedly).
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I hope to God it's more reliable than the 600/650.
    Well, we know the 700p has been availble for people to play with since at least Jan when TC had it. So, hopefully, there has been more "real-user" testing this time than with the 650. Having attended the road shows and corresponded for a while with some of the Palm people, there is not doubt that they were taken by surprise on the reaction to many of the initial 650 problems like memory management, keyboard dimming, effect of 3rd party programs etc. Since the had to address those problems with the 650 one would hope that they have this one more ready to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair
    The 700p has the same processor as the 650. Most of the bottleneck with the 650 had to do with data speeds and lousy rendering my Blazer. Both have been improved on the 700p (supposedly).
    Do we know for sure that the 700p is using the PXA270?

The specs for both the 700w and 700p say XSCALE 312, while the 650 specifically says PXA270...I know there are various PXAxxx versions out there...
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750