Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was debating whether to spend $75 on a proclip holder for my car but in the end decided it was worth it. Indeed. I love the look, the feel, and the the overall usability of the phone now. With nav (with BT GPS) now installed, I've got a phone, nav, and TV (slingbox) all next to my steering wheel in an elegant holder that is custom for my car. Wonderful!
    <moved>

Yeah, I like my proclip too, but I think I would rather buy a carkit with integrated speakerphone and mic at least next time...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I want all cars to have an indentation for a universal PDA/Phone cradle holder into which you could order a cradle for all phones....what would ya need a 1 x 3" hole with a couple of loose wires underneath ?
  4.    #4  
    Nice idea but I kinda like the idea of placing things wherever you want. And agreed gfunk, I'm all for the integrated system---next time indeed.
    well next time you're up for a proclip purchase, let me know and I'll save you at least 15% off of their prices.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Hey crogs, I now have a 700p and when I put my 700p into my ProClip holder (which I've used for my 650), I noticed it's a little tight, which I kinda figured it would since the body is not exactly the same as the 650. Would it be bad to use the same holder that was made for the 650? Or do you think it's fine? I'm just kinda scared the paint on the sides of my 700p would where off too quickly.
    well they marketed the 650 holster for the 700w. My 700p will be here next week, and I can play around. Any repeated motion against a clip or the rails in the holder will cause wear over time. It's just the way it is with painted surfaces. Why they can't build the color into the plastic is beyond me. I wouldn't mine a dark grey matte finish. That's what skins are for, right?

I'll email Bjorn and see what he has to say for the official word.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Cool, I'll wait to hear back from you before I continue using the holder.

Thanks.
    so you're talking the holder, not the holster. In that case, it is different. There is a different holder for the 700 series. There's a padded holder for the 700 series: http://www.proclipusa.com/?sectionpa...oryid=&p_year=

Personally, I would never buy another device specific holder because I think they're padded adjustable holder does the trick nicely. It is nowhere near the bulky universal look of all other universal holders out there, and you can upgrade till your heart's content, use skins, silicone or whatever and still use it. Here's the link: http://www.proclipusa.com/?sectionpa...oryid=&p_year=
    Thanks for the link, crogs. I'll go ahead and order the padded holder for the Treo 700 series.
    well you're more than welcome to order through me. You can take off 18% of the price add in 7.30 for shipping (instead of 8.50) and save a few dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    well you're more than welcome to order through me. You can take off 18% of the price add in 7.30 for shipping (instead of 8.50) and save a few dollars.
    Sounds good. How do I order it from you? Via paypal?
    yep. paypal. my paypal adr is crogs571@yahoo.com.

$30.30 for 840669 - Treo 700 Padded Holder with Tilt Swivel
    $32.80 for 848636 - Padded Adjustable Holder with Tilt Swivel

Shipping is $7.30 discounted from their $8.50. Just indicate which one you want. Any questions, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Sounds good. How do I order it from you? Via paypal?
    yep. paypal. my paypal adr is crogs571@yahoo.com.

$30.30 for 840669 - Treo 700 Padded Holder with Tilt Swivel
    $32.80 for 848636 - Padded Adjustable Holder with Tilt Swivel

Shipping is $7.30 discounted from their $8.50. Just indicate which one you want. Any questions, let me know.
    Thanks for the info, crogs. So I don't need to get another mount, right? I'm assuming I can use the same mount I used for my 650 for the 700p holder.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Doesn't look like the proclip works with my 06 RAV4
    I'll check on the timeframe for the new RAV 4 mount. How do you like it by the way? Wish they would've come out with it in 04 when I sold my Audi to get an Element. Needed the utility and lost the luxury. Could've gained some of it back with the new RAV and it's V6.

And TR30, you can use your existing mount with the 700p holder. Throw the 650 holder on ebay or include it with your 650 if you're selling it, and give the guy my info for getting the mount for his car.
    Hey Micael,

the RAV mount is coming. Check out http://www.brodit.com/?lang=E

search on item #'s 853753, 853754 (the first one is the center mount near the steering wheel you'd want for your phone).
    Here's some pics of the adjustable holder. Pretty slick. Should be the last holder you ever need to buy.
    http://home.comcast.net/~rcrognale/front.jpg http://home.comcast.net/~rcrognale/inuse.jpg http://home.comcast.net/~rcrognale/rearclosed.jpg
    http://home.comcast.net/~rcrognale/rearopen.jpg

anyone using any kind of skin or playthrough case should love this holder as well as anyone using their treo bare (in the car anyway).
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I'll check on the timeframe for the new RAV 4 mount. How do you like it by the way? Wish they would've come out with it in 04 when I sold my Audi to get an Element. Needed the utility and lost the luxury. Could've gained some of it back with the new RAV and it's V6.

And TR30, you can use your existing mount with the 700p holder. Throw the 650 holder on ebay or include it with your 650 if you're selling it, and give the guy my info for getting the mount for his car.
    Got the Limited V6 4x4. Totally great ride. It flies and handles great for a small suv. they increased its size, btw.
    yeah. I did a lot of reading up on it. I'm contemplating a CAI and catback exhaust to squeeze some horses and some gas mileage on the E. I'm stuck for two more years, which I'm sure there will be some sort of deisel/hybrid luxury suv out there to take my money. Trading in for the RAV would just be another stopgap.

Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Got the Limited V6 4x4. Totally great ride. It flies and handles great for a small suv. they increased its size, btw.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast