1.    #1  
    I decided about 20 minutes ago i had to bite hte bullet and get the 650p. I"m a current Sony CLie user, but carrying my phone, ipod and Clie is a pain.

I have kids that have recently been diagnosed with medical issues that will require every 2-3 month doctors visits for the next 5+ YEARS. I need my Palm/Datebk for my sanity. And Handyshopper.

What i don't need is network usage - i'm not going online with it, don't want to answer my email on it. Can't afford the $50 a month to Verizon anyway! LOL!! I just need to combine 2 units.

So, really, i don't need the 700p right???? I need to buy a new battery for my Sony if i don't do something, and that seems like a waste of money (although, it's an NR-70 and i love the HUGE screen!!!!).

I'm a techno geek. Well, i was when i wan't a Stay-at-Home Homeschooling Mom to three Now my budget doesn't let me be one!

Thanks...
    Tracey
    Quote Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL
    I decided about 20 minutes ago i had to bite hte bullet and get the 650p. I"m a current Sony CLie user, but carrying my phone, ipod and Clie is a pain.

I have kids that have recently been diagnosed with medical issues that will require every 2-3 month doctors visits for the next 5+ YEARS. I need my Palm/Datebk for my sanity. And Handyshopper.

What i don't need is network usage - i'm not going online with it, don't want to answer my email on it. Can't afford the $50 a month to Verizon anyway! LOL!! I just need to combine 2 units.

So, really, i don't need the 700p right???? I need to buy a new battery for my Sony if i don't do something, and that seems like a waste of money (although, it's an NR-70 and i love the HUGE screen!!!!).

I'm a techno geek. Well, i was when i wan't a Stay-at-Home Homeschooling Mom to three Now my budget doesn't let me be one!

Thanks...
    Tracey
    Question -- can you buy a 650 or 700P from Verizon without a data plan? One device is very nice -- but from what you have said -- the answer to my question seems key. If you still choose to buy -- the 650 will serve you well for what you describe and will be at a much better price.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Definately still worth it. You can get it with a pay as you go data plan, just be sure you don't set up anything to connect to the net. You will miss the screen size of your Clie, but the convergence is worth it.
    Do a clean install when you move from the Clie.

http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=99450

Cheers, Perry.
    Or go with Sprint and get their cheap data plan. Look into the SERO paln on this site and you may be able to have your cake and eat it too.
  6.    #6  
    ROFL - look, i can't even type my name to register!!! I'm on a different computer, and the keyboard gets me everytime

Anyway, changing carriers is not an option. We Family share with my Mom, Brother & SIL, and all the family in CA is on Verizon. Also, where i live Verizon has the only decent coverage (we were with Nextel before this).

We got an exception upgrade allowed with Verizon - they wanted $519 for the phone. NOT. Morons... here i wanted to buy something that is being replaced!

Ok, i'm cool with being Techno "behind" - anyone know where the code for DateBk is???? HEY, maybe on this computer!
  8.    #8  
    I can't afford the 700p..... unless someone wants to sell it to me for $200
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL
    ROFL - look, i can't even type my name to register!!! I'm on a different computer, and the keyboard gets me everytime

Anyway, changing carriers is not an option. We Family share with my Mom, Brother & SIL, and all the family in CA is on Verizon. Also, where i live Verizon has the only decent coverage (we were with Nextel before this).

We got an exception upgrade allowed with Verizon - they wanted $519 for the phone. NOT. Morons... here i wanted to buy something that is being replaced!

Ok, i'm cool with being Techno "behind" - anyone know where the code for DateBk is???? HEY, maybe on this computer!
    With all technical respects...what you stated you need this device for...the 650 will serve you well. It's firmware is in a very mature state and is actually pretty stable these days unless you throw a bunch of unknown software on it. There is plenty of help if something goes wrong and you can pick one up pretty cheap (relatively speaking) these days. You might even be able to find one on eBay and activate it to you and save some more bucks. Sounds like you have some medical expense in the future so I'd save the dough and go with a 650...it should be solid and serve you well. Let us take on the task of debugging the 700p. Then you can be techo-behind in the future when we all have our 800 or 900..(right, Perry) and you can get one of our 700's. Hope this helps.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  10.    #10  
    That is me - blazing the way with a child that gets to get on drugs that just went on sale Jan 06 Add in the other one with Scoliosis..... oh the FUN i'm going to be having (have to laugh right???)

That is what I was thinking, getting something resonably stable and inexpensive. Should suit me fine......

Of course, i opened Outlook on here and my Clie App folder is EMPTY. No codes. I've got find all of them....
    As noted from my signature, I've given in to most urges to by the latest and greatest. There are several feautures that the "P" has that I really like. I think it's a question of needs vs. wants.

Then, too, the other thing is that when one goes to resell their existing 650, they will command more for it than when the price of the P drops.....
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    Save your money and go with the 650.