1.    #1  
    hey! now its out. but i wonder when the GSM version will come out???

i hope it will not be looooong.
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    GSM NEVER CDMA FOR LIFE, j/k
    I have no idea, I'll ask a friend who is a corporate rep for cingular....
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Here's my thoughts, it'll be a while. I really don't think Palm will release it without UMTS and/or HSDPA support. Since Cingular is really behind on getting it out, we have to wait. Now, of course, they could release it outside the US first with a carrier in Europe who has a bigger/better UMTS rollout. Anyway, my two cents.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    Here's my thoughts, it'll be a while. I really don't think Palm will release it without UMTS and/or HSDPA support. Since Cingular is really behind on getting it out, we have to wait. Now, of course, they could release it outside the US first with a carrier in Europe who has a bigger/better UMTS rollout. Anyway, my two cents.

Joe
    The Cingular rep I talked to that handles our corporate account said they will launch the next Treo with UMTS.
    In the real world - what's the impact to Cingular GSM users? Thanks.
    Jer 23:29
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    It looks like a GSM (cingular) 700P will be out and available in Sept 06. Treonauts has an article with that as their speculation also.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    It looks like a GSM (cingular) 700P will be out and available in Sept 06. Treonauts has an article with that as their speculation also.
    That would match with what I have heard from my Cingular rep too. He said that we most likely won't see any new PDA devices until they are integrated with UMTS. He really didn't have any idea what device it was going to be, but fall is when they expect it to happen.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Well, I've waited this long - I guess I can wait until September. That is, if the unlocked GSM version will be out then, as I'm on T-Mobile! This looks like the upgrade from my T600 I've been waiting for - especially with a decent amount of memory. That was the main reason I didn't go with the 650.

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC
    Well, I've waited this long - I guess I can wait until September. That is, if the unlocked GSM version will be out then, as I'm on T-Mobile! This looks like the upgrade from my T600 I've been waiting for - especially with a decent amount of memory. That was the main reason I didn't go with the 650.

Andrew
    Palm is only talking about the 700p. It is not real until they ship. September would not surprise me.
    Good to see another Rattler on the yard. Noboby could put those words to life like Ol' Fred. Anyway I can't wait to hear what news you come up with. I too am waiting to see what cingular comes out with. I just love my unlocked gsm. If I get tired of cingular I can use my T-Mobile sim card. Look forward to hearing from you Rattler.