1.    #1  
    According to PIC's preview:
    Blazer v4.5 is included for browsing the web. Blazer has been enhanced with new caching rules that make browsing both mobile device optimized and full size websites a more pleasant experience. Instead of having to refresh and reload the entire page each time you exit the browser or use the back and forward buttons, the page is reloaded from the device cache. This enables much faster navigation and rendering when browsing the web or jumping from the browser to another application and back.
    That's good news. If only they could have added support for having multiple pages open. But this better caching combined with the drop-down list of recently viewed web pages is *almost* as good.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    According to PIC's preview:

That's good news. If only they could have added support for having multiple pages open. But this better caching combined with the drop-down list of recently viewed web pages is *almost* as good.
    I'll believe it when I see it. It might be 'reloaded from cache', but will Blazer grind to a halt trying to render the page?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I can't believe this is advertised as some new exciting feature! I mean, it's 2006. Netscape 1.x running on Mac OS 7.1 did this in 1994. The fact that Blazer has not properly used it's cache until this point is just silly.
    Nice, bout time. Waiting for my custom Cingular ROM with the neat pieces from the 700p download link now
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    All I have to say is: FINALLY!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone
    I can't believe this is advertised as some new exciting feature! I mean, it's 2006. Netscape 1.x running on Mac OS 7.1 did this in 1994. The fact that Blazer has not properly used it's cache until this point is just silly.

You're right, but that's the state of the Palm OS. This IS big news. For me and many other Xiino users I'm sure.

-Right now, Xiino offers the best moile browsing experience IMO. But their developers are very unresponsive and I don't see them adding ANY new functionality in the next 2 years.

-You can't pass hyperlinks through the Java environment, so Webviewer and Opera Mini are not options for me.

-Blazer on the 650 is slower than a last-place snail.

Bottom line: Palm needs to provide a good, usable browser themselves. Otherwise, as soon as Mobirus decides to shut down their proxy server, I'd be off to WM camp.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    -You can't pass hyperlinks through the Java environment, so Webviewer and Opera Mini are not options for me.
    Definately a deal breaker if true, but it's not. When you're at a text field, such as a URL field in opera, press the ALT key and you can paste from Palm's clipboard, or similarly copy the current address into the clipboard.

I can't quite stress just how good I think Opera Mini is.. Although i would use the lo-fi version from mytreo.net (or the hi-fi version prior to what they're calling 2.0, whereabouts unknown), since the latest hi-fi build from Opera, 3920, is very crashy.

Sorry for the OT..had to clear that up!
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    FWIW, Blazer on my Palm TX (via WiFi) is very usable. It's light years better than the T650 was on the 1x. I used to think the browser was to blame, but it seems the network was really the bottleneck. If Blazer used caching correctly on the TX, it would be awesome. I suppose on the 700p Blazer might finally be a very usable browser. I hope so.