Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Will the EVDO (Power Vision) radio be backwards compatable with Vision?
    Thanks, Matt
    yes....supports 1xrt...it'll work like the 6700
    If you are in an area that is still Vision (1xRTT), EVDO will step down. Sprint also allows forcing 1xRTT on their data cards but don't know about 700p. But I don't think you can get a Vison/1xRTT only account if that is what you mean. You'll likely have to get a PowerVision acct or no data at all.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    If you are in an area that is still Vision (1xRTT), EVDO will step down. Sprint also allows forcing 1xRTT on their data cards but don't know about 700p. But I don't think you can get a Vison/1xRTT only account if that is what you mean. You'll likely have to get a PowerVision acct or no data at all.
    If that is what he means, that doesn't make sense. The Power Vision really isn'y any more. A few dollars maybe.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  5.    #5  
    But I don't think you can get a Vison/1xRTT only account if that is what you mean.
    That would stink...
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    That would stink...
    Why?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    If that is what he means, that doesn't make sense. The Power Vision really isn'y any more. A few dollars maybe.
    I called Sprint and they said that I would loose my grandfathered unlimited SMS, and I only pay $10 for Vision right now...
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 05/15/2006 at 07:58 AM.
    I work for Sprint so I can vouch for this. Our system doesn't allow a power vision phone to have standard vision only service. You'll have to abandon your current vision plan and sign up for Power Vision service.
    The current price for vision for the Treo 650 should be about $15 for unlimited browsing, plus picture and video sharing.
    Power vision for the 700p will be $20 for the same features with EVDO. You can abandon the picture and video sharing ability and drop the price back to $15, but you really have to know you're not going to send the 1.3 mgpxl pictures that you take on the fly.
    If you want to abandon a Data plan alltogether, you can, but if you web browse, expect to pay $0.001 per kb of data that transmits. It can get pricy at high speeds.
    You mean to say, If I get EvDO and I don't have to pay for 1xRTT?
    <s></s>
    Vison/PowerVision price is the same for in-phone data. For DUN phone-as-modem, it is $15 for 1xRTT/Vision and $40 for EVDO/PowerVision to connect a laptop. For EVDO phones, you likely would not be able to get $15 Vision/1xRTT DUN and would have to get EVDO DUN.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector
    I work for Sprint so I can vouch for this. Our system doesn't allow a power vision phone to have standard vision only service. You'll have to abandon your current vision plan and sign up for Power Vision service.
    The current price for vision for the Treo 650 should be about $15 for unlimited browsing, plus picture and video sharing.
    Power vision for the 700p will be $20 for the same features with EVDO. You can abandon the picture and video sharing ability and drop the price back to $15, but you really have to know you're not going to send the 1.3 mgpxl pictures that you take on the fly.
    If you want to abandon a Data plan alltogether, you can, but if you web browse, expect to pay $0.001 per kb of data that transmits. It can get pricy at high speeds.
    Well that stinks too...

Heya Vector,I just sent you a PM.

So will I not be able to send said 1.3mgpxl via email?

I just wanted a 700P and still use the same plan...oh well.
    Thanks for the all replies y'all
  12.    #12  
    Vison/PowerVision price is the same for in-phone data.
    you sure about that?
    No Data plan on your 700 would be charged .02 per Kb, not the older .001 per kb.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    No Data plan on your 700 would be charged .02 per Kb, not the older .001 per kb.
    Do you work for Sprint too?
    Okay, I am in an area that does not have EVDO and from other posts that I have read, we just keep our regular vision plan??
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    Okay, I am in an area that does not have EVDO and from other posts that I have read, we just keep our regular vision plan??
    From what I am getting out these posts is... You get a $20 EvDO plan, since there is no EvDO in your area it automatically switches you to 1xRTT. may be I am wrong.
    <s></s>
    Yes, I work for Sprint as a retail rep.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Yes, I work for Sprint as a retail rep.
    Thanks for the info..
    Here are the Sprint PowerVision/EVDO plans...
    http://powervision.sprint.com/mobile...ans/index.html

Click on Handset plans... $15 for basic PowerVision, which is the same for Vision, higher for more content. Phone-as-modem is $40 for PowerVision phones but same $15 for Vision phones.
    Vison/PowerVision price is the same for in-phone data. For DUN phone-as-modem, it is $15 for 1xRTT/Vision and $40 for EVDO/PowerVision to connect a laptop. For EVDO phones, you likely would not be able to get $15 Vision/1xRTT DUN and would have to get EVDO DUN.
    could one could still use PDANet and not get the $40 DUN charge for EVDO?
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast