Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I was just at a store. I went to activate my two new 700p phones. I was under the impre4ssion that I would be able to carry forward my grandfathered unlimited internet and email plan on my business account (2 phones, 3500 minutes, $100). I was told that I could not carry this into EVDO. I was also told I could not use the phone for data or email without the EVDO. So I am returning my 700p's. I just don't know how much internet I will really be using. Has anyone had success at getting non-EVDO on a 700p (I do hate to return the phone) or keeping free grandfathered internet on an EVDO phone?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    you don't have to have a power vision plan to use and enjoy the 700...but you wont get any SprintTV ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by crashkup
    I was just at a store. I went to activate my two new 700p phones. I was under the impre4ssion that I would be able to carry forward my grandfathered unlimited internet and email plan on my business account (2 phones, 3500 minutes, $100). I was told that I could not carry this into EVDO. I was also told I could not use the phone for data or email without the EVDO. So I am returning my 700p's. I just don't know how much internet I will really be using. Has anyone had success at getting non-EVDO on a 700p (I do hate to return the phone) or keeping free grandfathered internet on an EVDO phone?
    If you call sprint on your old phone *2 and hit cancel to speak to a retention rep, you will be able to retain your plan as is by just asking for it.

As for EVDO, each rep appears to approach this differently but you should be able to get the rep to add it to your plan at no additional cost. Many on this forum have done so. For me the rep added PowerVision to my existing plan (similar to yours) for $15.00 then added a recurring $15.00 credit to my account.

If you want to use your phone as a modem (PAM), you can also get it for free or at a significant discount. In my case the rep added it for $40.00 then added a 20% discount which reduced it to about $15.00. I then got her to add unlimited roaming at no additional cost. In the end I have PowerVision, PAM, Roaming for $15.00 more a month than I was paying before.

Others have gotten much better deals with there retention reps. You just need to be nice.

Search the archives here for the word "retention" and you will find much discussion about this.

John
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I had this same problem! But after a nice call to retention the lowered power vision to $10 and Unlimted SMS to $5 so I am about back to where I started.

Retention Rocks
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234