Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector
    As far as retentions is concerned: never ask a store associate what they can do for you to keep a plan that is no longer offered. As an asst store manager, I can tell you.... They have a totally different computer system, and they have offers that I've never heard, nor can find anywhere in our store systems. That's why they are retentions. They make special offers to keep you as a customer.
    How do you talk to a Retnetion?
    I think I read here "tell Claire, Cancel"
    Pete
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector
    I work for Sprint so I can vouch for this. Our system doesn't allow a power vision phone to have standard vision only service. You'll have to abandon your current vision plan and sign up for Power Vision service.
    The current price for vision for the Treo 650 should be about $15 for unlimited browsing, plus picture and video sharing.
    Power vision for the 700p will be $20 for the same features with EVDO. You can abandon the picture and video sharing ability and drop the price back to $15, but you really have to know you're not going to send the 1.3 mgpxl pictures that you take on the fly.
    If you want to abandon a Data plan alltogether, you can, but if you web browse, expect to pay $0.001 per kb of data that transmits. It can get pricy at high speeds.

Actually Vector, this is not true you can actually keep your vision plan with a power vision (EVDO) phone. Trust me on this one
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbdh
    How do you talk to a Retnetion?
    When you get a live rep on the line simply ask to be transferred to a retention rep.
    Legalbeagle
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulas
    Actually Vector, this is not true you can actually keep your vision plan with a power vision (EVDO) phone. Trust me on this one
    I hope you are right because I do not want to have to sign up for a new plan if I purchase the 700p. I'm perfectly comfortable with my $85 2000 minute unlimited vision/SMS and would not give this up for a Treo 700p. I'll just keep my 650 a little longer if Sprint will not honor my current unlimited Vision plan.
    That's the plan i have now from years back. Would hate to lose it..
    I would think you could just do an ESN swap and keep the plan. But if you want PAM, it would be an additional $40/month I'd suspsect.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    I would think you could just do an ESN swap and keep the plan. But if you want PAM, it would be an additional $40/month I'd suspsect.
    Thats what I keep thinking too, just a simple ESN swap and we keep are old unlimited Vision plans no need to change or add anything. So.... who wants to be the first volunteer to try this?
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    Thats what I keep thinking too, just a simple ESN swap and we keep are old unlimited Vision plans no need to change or add anything. So.... who wants to be the first volunteer to try this?
    If you can send me the 700p I will be more than happy to try it out. Do I get to keep the phone as a consolation prize?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Maybe we should check around at the PPC-6700 forums and see if these guys were able to keep thier unlimited Vision Plans when they upgraded to the PPC-6700 which IS a EVDO/Power Vision cable phone.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    As soon as my 650 sells on craigslist I plan on purchasing the 700p without contract. I better be able to keep my Unlimited Vision plan otherwise no deal. It would be wrong if they are making people switch plans just to buy a new phone.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I know you can keep the old vision package with an evdo enabled phone. I went from a 650 to the 6700 and my $5 picture vision and $5 unlimited text was supposse to be bumped up to teh $15 evdo and $10 unlimited text. I argued with the cs rep for 10 minutes and she finally switched everything back to the original and told me that the phone wouldn't be able to be used for online or texting. I said "I'll try it out and if I don't like it I'll swap back to my 650 because I just don't want to lose the grandfathered pricing." My 6700 works just fine and I use it for tethering and my bill has never reflected a price spike. So it can be done you might just have to argue with the rep. I'm really curious to see if you can tether unnoticed like the 6700 because if it is possible native or with June Fabric's PDAnet I might have to switch back to a treo.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    could one could still use PDANet and not get the $40 DUN charge for EVDO?
    That's what I wanna know too.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Currently I have Sprint 650
    $10 - Unlimited Vision w/Picture Mail & 100 SMS
    $5 - Business Connection
    $6 approx - Handmark Express
    $10 - Mobi TV
    I occasionaly use PdaNet to connect my laptop while traveling or if my ISP is having problems.

I use Chatter and don't need Business Connection so I plan to cancel.

If I upgrade to 700p and I'm willing to pay a total of $40 for PAM/Vision will I get basically everthing I already have? Picture Mail, SMS, Sprint TV, Express, Ulimited Laptop usage? If so it looks like I'll give Sprint $10-15 more per month for a high speed connections when I'm in the right area. I'd be willing to do this but I would want to make sure I'm not gonna get nickled and dimed after agreeing to $40 per month. Does it come with the full Express? What about text messages? Anyone know?
    I was afraid this might happen. I may have to hold off activating my 700p once it gets here until I know I can keep my old plan (like migs). I wonder how Verizon compares to Sprint for their EVDO packages.
    Vector...please help. A Sprint CS rep just told me that I cannot have Sprint Ultimate TV Pack and sign up for the Dial Up Networking option. Is that true?

Appreciate your help...

Carter
    Carter Patterson
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I have a grandfathered vision plan without contract similar to some of the others posted: 2000 minutes, unlimited data/sms for $80. When I called yesterday to do the ESN swap from my 650 to the 700p, I was told that by the rep..."oops, that just automatically deleted your data plan when I put your new phone in the system." He tried to find a code to get me the same deal on EVDO, but ended up transferring me to retentions where I was told that I would have to pay for one of the $15/$20/$25 power vision plans since the phone is EVDO and "the system" won't let you stay on the older vision plans in this case.

I also specifically asked her about my unlimited SMS and was told that "those are included in the unlimited data category" so I would still have that even though it is no longer a line-item on my plan. Not sure I believe her based on past experience and what I have been reading in the forums. Sprint has always treated SMS as a separate category from data. Anyone else hearing the same thing?
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
    Just had some difficulty as well. I had no trouble swapping the ESN's and was told that there would be no changes to my account. I had power vision up and running within 3 mins of the ESN swap. Then i checked my current usage online and saw "1minute of casual web usage". I called retention who told me that vision was deleted from my phone, but she could add power vision for $5 more per month and that I could keep the Unlimited txt for 2 years. I took the offer as I did not have to sign for a new contract. Rep was very helpful although i was under the beliefe that since i too had the grandfathered free vision that I would not have to pay anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Where is this KB charge coming from? All PowerVison paks allow unlimited data/web browsing in-phone.

PowerVison plans...
    http://powervision.sprint.com/mobile...ans/index.html

Access the Internet or connect to your corporate data directly from your handset or smart device (separate voice plan required).

$15 Sprint Power Vision Access Pack for Business
    * Unlimited Web/Data Access
    * 100 Text Messages
    Where did you find this business power vision pack? Are only business accounts eligible for it?
    Hubby and I have 650's; third line is mom's phone (no vision or texting).

Called Retentions with ten months to go on my first Sprint contract. Both 650's had Vision and unlimited texting. Monthly vision cost was $15 for both phones plus $10 ($5 for each phone) for unlimited texting on both phones.

Retentions gave me mid-tier Power Vision (I wanted unlimited pictures) for BOTH phones for a total of $10 after credits, plus unlimited texting. We didn't have one of those old free Vision & UL texting plans, so I can't complain about $10/month for all that.

We don't have a corporate account or any employer discounts, but I also got 20% off all recurring monthly fees on all three lines (base plan, Mom's Add a Phone, insurance, PV). At the end of this we nearly doubled our plan minutes and lowered our pre-tax Sprint bill by about $28.

Plus they sold me a 700p for $300.

My advice - call Retentions until you get what you want. Be nice and they will reward you.
    Last edited by Verngator; 06/04/2006 at 07:48 PM.
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast