Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ^Possibly. I've been wondering the same. It may appears as in-phone use.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    No Data plan on your 700 would be charged .02 per Kb, not the older .001 per kb.
    I'm pretty sure the .02 is for the regular vision service. the .001 per kb is for the EVDO (maybe that is just for the wireless cards). I'll have to double check. our plan guides have been on backorder for a while, and we haven't gotten our replacements in yet.

No matter what the cost, you don't want to go highspeed without a plan. you'll regret it.
    Vector do you know if Sprint will be selling the 700p on May 28?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector
    I work for Sprint so I can vouch for this. Our system doesn't allow a power vision phone to have standard vision only service. You'll have to abandon your current vision plan and sign up for Power Vision service.
    The current price for vision for the Treo 650 should be about $15 for unlimited browsing, plus picture and video sharing.
    Power vision for the 700p will be $20 for the same features with EVDO. You can abandon the picture and video sharing ability and drop the price back to $15, but you really have to know you're not going to send the 1.3 mgpxl pictures that you take on the fly.
    If you want to abandon a Data plan alltogether, you can, but if you web browse, expect to pay $0.001 per kb of data that transmits. It can get pricy at high speeds.
    Is Sprint TV included in the power vision, or is that an additional charge?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I work for Sprint as well, and the way I was told was that the phone we are lanching on May 28th will be the 700p, and we won't have the 700w for a couple of more months. Heck, it would be fine with me if we never got the windows version...
    Where is this KB charge coming from? All PowerVison paks allow unlimited data/web browsing in-phone.

PowerVison plans...
    http://powervision.sprint.com/mobile...ans/index.html

Access the Internet or connect to your corporate data directly from your handset or smart device (separate voice plan required).

$15 Sprint Power Vision Access Pack for Business
    * Unlimited Web/Data Access
    * 100 Text Messages

$20 Sprint Power Vision Professional Pack
    * 100 Text Messages
    * Voice Command
    * Unlimited Picture & Video Mail

$25 Sprint Power Vision Business Communications Pack
    * 100 Text Messages
    * BCPE

$15 Sprint Power Vision Access Pack
    * ABC News Now
    * Sirius Hits

$20 Sprint Power Vision Plus Pack
    * ABC News Now
    * Sirius Hits
    * Sprint TVSM Plus

$25 Sprint Power Vision Unlimited Pack
    * ABC News Now
    * Sirius Hits
    * Sprint TVSM Ultimate

Phone as modem (PAM) plans
    Tether your phone to a laptop via a cable, or Bluetooth access, then use your laptop to access corporate data or the Internet

* $39.99 for 40Mb ($.001/kb overage) cap at $69.99

* $39.99 Unlimited (promotion through 5/21/06)
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Where is this KB charge coming from?
    I think its coming from where if you dont get one of those plans and then try to use the net.
    <s></s>
  8.    #28  
    So can I send the 1.3 megapixel picture from email (like I can now) if I didn't have the picture mail? or is there a 2M email limit still?

Also, is there a limit on email size like the 650 has with Sprint?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector
    "I work for Sprint so I can vouch for this. Our system doesn't allow a power vision phone to have standard vision only service. You'll have to abandon your current vision plan and sign up for Power Vision service."
    So, let me get this strait, right now I have a Sprint 650 with a grandfathered Free and Clear Plan with unlimited Vision/SMS NO CONTRACT I'll have to give this up to get the 700p? Why couldn't I just go to a Sprint store and do a simple ESN swap? Would my regular Unlimited Vision stop working? This might be a deal breaker for me.
    Last edited by migs; 05/15/2006 at 09:50 AM.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    So, let me get this strait, right now I have a Sprint 650 with a grandfathered Free and Clear Plan with unlimited Vision/SMS NO CONTRACT I'll have to give this up to get the 700p? Why couldn't I just go to a Sprint store and do a simple ESN swap? Would my regular Unlimited Vision stop working? This might be a deal breaker for me.
    That's EXACTLY where I am at (per se). A simple ESN swap and data plan addtion/change. I think they (Sprint) were looking for a way out of the old plans/grandfather?
    I was in the same position when I made the move from my 650 to the A900. Afterwards, I regretted it since I NEVER use the sprint tv stuff and the evdo/internet seemed weak compared to the internet on my 650. But as you said, it killed me losing that old deal and having to pay roughly $85 a month for a weaker plan with evdo.
    However, yesterday I just signed up for that SERO plan and I'm so relieved at that. Basically got my old deal with EVDO.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    If I remember correctly, when the PPC-6700 Power Vision phone was released a while back, people just did simple ESN swaps and were able to keep there existing Unlimited Vision plans without having to sign up for "Power Vision" plans.
  13.    #33  
    If I remember correctly, when the PPC-6700 Power Vision phone was released a while back, people just did simple ESN swaps and were able to keep there existing Unlimited Vision plans without having to sign up for "Power Vision" plans.
    Wouldn't that be nice...
    I woul dnot have an issue with an extra$5 for powervisio, it's the SMS loss that erks me.
    I recently renewed my 2 year agreement and I told the lady in Retentions that I was going to switch to Power Vision in a few months and that I didn't want to lose all my Vision goodies (Free Txt Mgs on all lines and a $5 Credit for downloads each month). She made notes in my account so that I could retain them all when I swtiched. They have all the codes to make it happen. I rarely speak to normal sprint service anymore. Retentions have the power to make your wildest dreams come true.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Will have to look hard at this and could be deal-breaker for me as well. I have $15 vision professional pack that includes unlimited web, photos, SMS and BCPE. If I'm reading correctly, the closest is $25 Sprint Power Vision Business Communications Pack which has no photo and limits SMS to 100 + I get locked back in to a two year deal.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I am concerned about additional charges for tethering with the 700p. Did I read the Sprint website correctly - that if I do tethering I will need to pay an additional $40 per month over and above what I pay for Sprint Power Vision? I tether now with my 650 (albeit very slowly), but I'm only paying $10/month for Vision. I don't mind increasing that to $20/month to get EVDO and Sprint TV; but an additional $40 for tethering is out of the question. This takes a big benefit away (at least for me) to upgrade to the 700p.
    I just called my local Sprint Store here in the Cleveland OH area and they had NO CLUE about the 700p, so nice to see someone with Sprint that is informed ! LOL
    I am grandfathered with 2,000 minutes, free second phone, free sprint to sprint and unlimited Vision for $80.00/month. DUN works great at no extra charge.

As far as I can tell, after talking to a Sprint rep a couple weeks ago, this is at a minimum $40/month cheaper than any similar plan available today. She said "I would hang on to that deal as long as I could".

I'd be willing to pay maybe $10/month extra for Power Vision, but anything more than that and I will stick with my 650 with Vision. I love my gadgets and always want the latest and greatest, but at some point my practical side takes over... the 650 does everything I want it to do with Vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Vector do you know if Sprint will be selling the 700p on May 28?
    Typical Sprint protocol has been release date= available to the business customers, then about 1-2 weeks after that, available through the website, then about 1-2 weeks after that, they are released to the stores. And due to the fact it is such an in demand phone, You'll likely see it go on backorder shortly after that. So, look for it sometime in mid to late June in stores. Call them everyday, once they have one, ask them to hold it so you can go buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn
    I recently renewed my 2 year agreement and I told the lady in Retentions that I was going to switch to Power Vision in a few months and that I didn't want to lose all my Vision goodies (Free Txt Mgs on all lines and a $5 Credit for downloads each month). She made notes in my account so that I could retain them all when I swtiched. They have all the codes to make it happen. I rarely speak to normal sprint service anymore. Retentions have the power to make your wildest dreams come true.
    As far as retentions is concerned: never ask a store associate what they can do for you to keep a plan that is no longer offered. As an asst store manager, I can tell you.... They have a totally different computer system, and they have offers that I've never heard, nor can find anywhere in our store systems. That's why they are retentions. They make special offers to keep you as a customer.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast