Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So much for waiting for a last-minute surprise. Seems like it was all hype. Same hardware as the w, except the screen of course. No built-in wi-fi/gps. Guess we'll know not to take it too seriously when a certain poster has info from their 'sources'.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Which rumor are you referring to?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    320x320 screen and 'official' DUN support is about it seems.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    What about the new reception "chip" mentioned last week and lower talk time than the 700W? . . . . this leads me to believe the device will have a wider range than the 700W.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...718#post978718
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    So much for waiting for a last-minute surprise. Seems like it was all hype. Same hardware as the w, except the screen of course. No built-in wi-fi/gps. Guess we'll know not to take it too seriously when a certain poster has info from their 'sources'.
    I don't recall, who said anything about built in wifi?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    What about the new reception "chip" mentioned last week and lower talk time than the 700W? . . . . this leads me to believe the device will have a wider range than the 700W.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...718#post978718
    No no Perry. The lower battery life is from the built in tazer. Obviously it uses up extra battery power to be most effective. Jeeze.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    I know someone had a wishlist which included built in wifi/gps .. never saw anyone mention it in those rumors.
    <s></s>
    Perry, I'd be pretty surprised if this had a different radio than the 700w. It may be better than the 650's, but why would they use a different radio than the 700w's?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  9.    #9  
    http://gadgetsonthego.net/gadgetsont...1_archive.html

"Sources have told me that the Treo 700p will be launched on Sprint's network(they always have the exclusive on the Palm OS treo), it will include EVDO, 64 mb memory, and possible WiFi/and / or GPS, and BlackBerry Connect. I see WiFi as being the most likely candidate. "

It was an unlikely rumor to begin with, but looks really silly now.

Perry, I have to agree with ScottR in that I don't think this radio is any different than the 700w's. Treocentral's article says they played with the p in January. I think both devices have the same hardware to save Palm some $$$.
    If the radio is significantly better than the 650, I'm buying it ASAP. The weak radio was the only reason I had to abandon the 650. The resets and crashes were no fun, but i could live with it. Not being able to make calls in places where others had usable signal was infuriating.
    Don't know what provider danspalmone was on, but my Sprint 650 consistenly gets connections where most other phones don't. I've got no complaints about the radio.

As far as "nothing over the 700W", I also disagree. Twice the usable memory isn't "nothing." Especially considering that Palm OS and Palm apps typically have a much smaller footprint than WM apps. The 700P ought to be quite a bit more stable than the 650 or the 700W.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    It does add some specific Sprint apps as well (On Demand and Sprint TV)
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    It does add some specific Sprint apps as well (On Demand and Sprint TV)
    But who says the 700w won't get similar apps when it comes to Sprint too?
    [url]
    Perry, I have to agree with ScottR in that I don't think this radio is any different than the 700w's. Treocentral's article says they played with the p in January. I think both devices have the same hardware to save Palm some $$$.
    Whoops!! Don't think we were supposed to know how Perry and a couple others were so positive the 700p exited. Looks to have been a TC marketing leak to keep the forum buzzing.

I remeber a post by Perry about how he would "guess" the device would be distributed for reviews sounding a LOT like the brag blurb at the end of the TC article.

Perry, was part of the agreement that you post so many times a day about it?
    Last edited by sxtg; 05/16/2006 at 12:59 AM.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    As far as "nothing over the 700W", I also disagree. Twice the usable memory isn't "nothing."
    ???

Dont they both have 128MB of Storage memory (60+MB's user accessable) and 32MB's of Program memory?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Whoops!! Don't think we were supposed to know how Perry and a couple others were so positive the 700p exited. Looks to have been a TC marketing leak to keep the forum buzzing.

I remeber a post by Perry about how he would "guess" the device would be distributed for reviews sounding a LOT like the brag blurb at the end of the TC article.

Perry, was part of the agreement that you post so many times a day about it?

Opps! Cat's out of the bag. Okay TC -- I want my $10 a post since 9/27/05. Okay, okay. . . I will settle for a Sprint Treo 700P in Pearlized Lilac.

17.    #17  
    Opps! Cat's out of the bag. Okay TC -- I want my $10 a post since 9/27/05. Okay, okay. . . I will settle for a Sprint Treo 700P in Pearlized Lilac.

Rip-off!!! Hey TC, I'll hype up the next Treo for free if you just give me insider info.

When I read that, it suddenly seemed so obvious where you got your info. Didn't mean for my post to seem so "cloak and dagger" it was late. I actually think it's a good thing
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    When I read that, it suddenly seemed so obvious where you got your info. Didn't mean for my post to seem so "cloak and dagger" it was late. I actually think it's a good thing

Hi sxtg!

Sorry to say -- that my answer was pure 100% tongue in cheek sarcasm -- as I assumed was your post.

I recieved no information from TC and was not a front for Palm or any group associated with Palm. I, as an individual, was firmly convinced from Day 1 (9/27/05) of the Treo WM5 announcement that there would be a next PalmOS Treo beyond the 650. As time went on -- sources came privately my way to make it clear -- that this was just not a pipe dream on my part. And then I became the middle man relaying information from those that wanted to remain anonomous to the rest of those on the forum.

It just all evolved spontaneously over the 8 months.

As far as knowing that some reviewers get the product before announce or release day -- I gleaned that info from the reviews that were written on the 650. It was just my guess -- that might have been the case with TC's editor this time around.

Sorry for any mis-understanding here.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/16/2006 at 11:26 AM.
  20.    #20  

I recieved no information from TC and was not a front for Palm or any group associated with Palm.

SURE, Perry, we believe you. You're not working out of Palm's Michigan branch. Of course not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast