Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    SURE, Perry, we believe you. You're not working out of Palm's Michigan branch. Of course not.

    Well, if they did give me a free Sprint Treo 700P in Pearlized Lilac, I will gladly say I was a very willing shill.

  2. #22  
    Don't overlook the obvious.. The 700P has a huge feature over the 700W.

    The P.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Don't know what provider danspalmone was on, but my Sprint 650 consistenly gets connections where most other phones don't. I've got no complaints about the radio.
    I'm on Verizon and live and work about 2 miles from downtown Boston. My reception at home was barely acceptable. My connections at work were horrid. My old StarTac and new e815 have great reception at home and good reception at work. Others have come in with Cingular Treo's and have had better reception than I did. Could be a Verizon thing, but I do think overall the T650 has a weaker radio than many other cell phones.
  4. #24  
    Perry- they owe you all this in Pearized Lilac: a Treo 700P, charger, car adapter, stylus, GPS unit, case, holster, 4GB Sd card, BT headset, the whole matched set!
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I recieved no information from TC
    Oh... ok my bad then
    as if all of a sudden he would tell us anyway (rolling eyes)
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    Perry- they owe you all this in Pearized Lilac: a Treo 700P, charger, car adapter, stylus, GPS unit, case, holster, 4GB Sd card, BT headset, the whole matched set!
    i thought i read somewhere that the 700p only supports up to a 2gb sd card? if im wrong then im sorry
    Got Treo?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by AceMarlak
    i thought i read somewhere that the 700p only supports up to a 2gb sd card? if im wrong then im sorry

    4GB cards are currently being tested by Palm for the 700P. Some people have been using 4GB cards on the Treo 650 with the FAT32 prc that was pulled off of the LifeDrive (and I believe is on the 700P). So, I imagine, the 700P will be able to handle 4GB cards -- apparently there is a SD Card industry standard issue that was just resolved. . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/16/2006 at 12:57 PM.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by myerweb
    As far as "nothing over the 700W", I also disagree. Twice the usable memory isn't "nothing."
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    ???

    Dont they both have 128MB of Storage memory (60+MB's user accessable) and 32MB's of Program memory?
    The blog posts said it was supposed to have 128/60/32, I assume since there is a 700p forum here, that this device exists, although I could not find it anywhere to verify.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    The blog posts said it was supposed to have 128/60/32, I assume since there is a 700p forum here, that this device exists, although I could not find it anywhere to verify.
    Good Lord, even with egg splattered all over your face, you're still clinging to this "it doesn't exsist" crap. Give it up already.

    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...00p/specs.html

    HOW MUCH MORE PROOF DO YOU F'en NEED??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    It does add some specific Sprint apps as well (On Demand and Sprint TV)
    Note this e-mail which I received this morning from Voice Signal:

    "Yes, [the new version of VSuite] was just launched but does NOT have VoiceMode or VSpeak in this version. We are also launching on the Treo 700."

    From that one might infer two things:

    1. The 700p will arrve with VSuite as part of the package, question is will it be trial or alreday paid for ?

    2. An upgrade / new version would apear to be in the works for a VSuite which includes T2S and S2T (T = Text / S = Speech)
  11. #31  
    Echoing Xeno, I figure the 50% higher screen resolution is good enough. :-)
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Good Lord, even with egg splattered all over your face, you're still clinging to this "it doesn't exsist" crap. Give it up already.

    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...00p/specs.html

    HOW MUCH MORE PROOF DO YOU F'en NEED??
    Don't lose any bananas over this squirrel (how's that for mixed metaphors?) Blazerboy is just like a four year old - old enough to talk, too young to know better. Over in the OT forum, he'll throw anything on the wall to see if it sticks; contradict himself; swing from neo-nazi to wacked marxist drivel. He's a hoot. Even I've learned to ignore his banter; I mean Banta PooDoo.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Whoops!! Don't think we were supposed to know how Perry and a couple others were so positive the 700p exited. Looks to have been a TC marketing leak to keep the forum buzzing.
    All ya hadda do was read, have some capability to "read between the lines" and apply a little logic as to what made marketing sense from the carrier's standpoint....the info was out there for all to see.

    When the shareholder leak said that there would be 4 new treos in 2006 and then Colligan said in September that that Verizon 700w exclusive would be till mid year, to me that said:

    a) Ya can't have an exclusive unless somebody else is 1) getting it and 2) getting it after a certain period of time.

    b) Since Verizon was getting the 700w 1st, it made marketing sense that Sprint would be next out the gate as both have CDMA.

    c) If I am Sprint, the take advantage of the most "hoopla", I'd issue the 700p 1st

    d) Take mid year as the middle 90 days...that put it somewhere around May 15 - July 15.

    So after listening to Ed's September announcement I concluded there would be a May 15th announcement, and 700p would be buyable within 45 days of announcement. When 22 blogs citing non-disclosable sources saying basically the same thing......it seemed just too convenient that everything matched up to make that conclusion seem suspect.

    Looking foward....

    1. Cingular saying they ain't doin 700 (they could be playing coy)

    2. Still 2 treos left to be released this year

    3. Can't ignore GSM market especially in light of Palm's new European focus.

    4. General wisdom is for a 18 month product cycle. 02/06 + 18 = 08/06

    5. Palm / Cingular are gonna want to take advantage of X-Mas buying Season.

    Preliminary conclusion....

    1. Announcement of new Treo Between August 15 and September 30.

    2. Buyable within 45 days of announcement.

    3. And going out on a limb...there will be another Treo announced very close on that schedule.....one Treo will be $100 - $200 more than 700p and one $100 - $200 less.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    All ya hadda do was read and have some capability to "read between the lines"....the info was out there for all to see.
    Yes there was plenty of info. My post was more about his comments being SO absolute.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Yes there was plenty of info. My post was more about his comments being SO absolute.
    Very true Sxtg! My posts in regard to the 700P were very out of character.

    Usually, I am not "absolute" in my posts -- leaving room for the opinion of others and for possibly being mistaken in what I think I know. In the case of the 700P -- I did become very adamant in my posts for two reasons (after the sources came to me):

    1. To communicate the depth of my trust in those sources, and

    2. To provide a counter balance to the very vocal opinions being voiced on the other side.

    Back to being me again!!

    Cheers, Perry.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I did become very adamant in my posts for two reasons (after the sources came to me):

    1. To communicate the depth of my trust in those sources, and
    This is what I meant. Not that anyone couldn't guess about a new Treo on the horizon. There have been press releases for over a year that more was coming
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Yes there was plenty of info. My post was more about his comments being SO absolute.
    Well the way I understood it was we had all this info and yet still people were saying "there's no such thing as a 700p" .... this continued well after Merlyn had one . From what I recall Perry called someone, laid out pretty much what the rest of us also 'concluded" from the info available and asked his souce "so am I right ? " and he got confirmation on the condition of anonymity. I applaud Perry for sticking to his guns and not "outing" his source in the face of numerous "you are full of &^%$#" posts.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Well the way I understood it was we had all this info and yet still people were saying "there's no such thing as a 700p" .... this continued well after Merlyn had one . From what I recall Perry called someone, laid out pretty much what the rest of us also 'concluded" from the info available and asked his souce "so am I right ? " and he got confirmation on the condition of anonymity. I applaud Perry for sticking to his guns and not "outing" his source in the face of numerous "you are full of &^%$#" posts.
    All true -- except they contacted me -- to tell me to stick to my guns!


    Well, I never did take posts to the contrary as . . . . you full of #$%^& posts, either.
  19. meps's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #39  
    Preliminary conclusion....

    1. Announcement of new Treo Between August 15 and September 30.

    2. Buyable within 45 days of announcement.

    3. And going out on a limb...there will be another Treo announced very close on that schedule.....one Treo will be $100 - $200 more than 700p and one $100 - $200 less.[/QUOTE]

    Why can't the "New" Treo's be GSM 700w & 700p with appropriate lags and exclusivity etc.....
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Very true Sxtg! My posts in regard to the 700P were very out of character.

    Usually, I am not "absolute" in my posts -- leaving room for the opinion of others and for possibly being mistaken in what I think I know. In the case of the 700P -- I did become very adamant in my posts for two reasons (after the sources came to me):

    1. To communicate the depth of my trust in those sources, and

    2. To provide a counter balance to the very vocal opinions being voiced on the other side.

    Back to being me again!!

    Cheers, Perry.
    Now I wonder who that could be... I can hear him now:

    "I've got to be me, just gotta be me..."
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions