Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Talk time: up to 4.5 hours
    (compared to 5 hours on Treo 650, 4.7 hours on 700w)

Standby time: up to 300 hours
    (compred to 330+ hours on Treo 650)

A little disappointing. Was hoping for more efficient power management. I guess I'll be using PXA underclocking.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    At the moment -- the only thing I can think of is the mentioned new "chip" and better reception that was mentioned last week, like in any radio -- wider range means stronger signal -- means more power consumed?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...39&postcount=4

(I'm assuming that increased reception abilities need to be matched by an equal ability to send.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/15/2006 at 07:13 AM.
    Well since I work for Sprint and they announced something about the phone I think I know the answer. The phone uses a higher resolution display, and that alone uses up more battery power than the 700w. The second issue is the EVDO. When you're accessing the high-speed data network it does use up more battery power than the 650.
    Solution: They are the same dimensions right? Couldn't we simply use the Seidio Extended life battery? That should bump the talk time up to somewhere around 5.5 to 6 hours right?
    I think the treocentral store has them around $40.00
    I thought the rumors were for better battery life? Disappointing, but yes, Vector, there appears to be a Seidio extended battery in my future.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Compared to the 650 the 700's got essentially the same bettery life. Rumor has it that some of the earlier test ROMs for 700p's had horrific battery life issues but those issues were resolved.
    Of course, if & when they release the 700p for GSM, it should have better battery life!

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector
    The phone uses a higher resolution display, and that alone uses up more battery power than the 700w.
    I thought the 700p and the 650 had the sames resolution display (320X320).
    I think that is just "rounding" errors or corrections.....various reviews also listed the 650 CDMA version as having 4.5 hours in their "specs list"....CDMA version anyway....GSM was 7.5
    You're only talking about 9% less battery life. In exchange you get a higher MP camera, EvDo, and more memory.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Less battery life is ridiculous this day in age, I am sorry.
    The Seidio extended battery will work just fine in this phone.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Get the seidio 2400 extended battery. I got one for my 650 and it was so worth it. I'll be using it in my new 700p as well.
    Jimmie Geddes
    How much is the Sedio?

I'm not gonna sweat a half hour of talk time. Just buy an extra charger.
    1xEvDo = slightly less battery life...

IMO, this really isn't that big a deal especially is you get a the Seidio extended battery as others have already mentioned...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino
    How much is the Sedio?

I'm not gonna sweat a half hour of talk time. Just buy an extra charger.
    $39.95
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    It's is the best accessory you could invest in. I have chatter checking email every minute so I get that blackberry feel, and have so much more battery life than my standard battery gives me. It's also nice to always have a charged backup battery. I've never ran out of battery life with the seidio. Get it.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper
    The Seidio extended battery will work just fine in this phone.

Does the current 650 stylus work in the 700?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC
    Of course, if & when they release the 700p for GSM, it should have better battery life!

Andrew
    Had dinne rlast night with major accounts rep for Cingular ...At this point they ain't doing 700 anything.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I just got a Seidio extended battery and noticed that it is 3.6V. The OEM battery in the 700P is 3.7V. Does that make a difference?
    --Don
    I am finding the battery life to be just fine (or better) than the 650.

All these complaints about battery life are just poppycock.

It you need extra juice, just get an extra battery.

My only issue (which is true with 650). is that there are not any good standalone chargers for charging just the battery. The Seidio one is ok, but the USB port doesn't always do the job well or fast.

I wish there was an adapter ala the new Sony cameras, where the battery plugs into a small integrated wallcharger.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast