Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does it support 4GB+ SD cards? Won't be getting one unless it does. From what I understand, there are variations of non-standard 4GB cards out now. Which will/won't work?
    Last edited by xenophonite; 05/15/2006 at 06:15 AM.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I didn't know there was a difference -- so, which 4GB cards will work???
    Good Question.

I would assume Sandisk SD cards will work, if and when they start selling them --- that size is still not listed on the SanDisk website.

Cheers, Perry.
    Basically Palm has shrugged their shoulders at this one. They are testing it now to see if it works. Good time to test it, ya know, after the product is in production.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  5.    #5  
    Here is a roadmap of Panasonic SD cards. 8GB are planned for this year and 16GB/32GB are planned for 2007 or 2008. If 700p won't support higher capacities, it's a nogo for me.

http://panasonic.com.au/content/libr...es/F001562.pdf
    I would say it's a no-go then. Cuz if it does go any higher, the max is gonna be 4GB.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    I would say it's a no-go then. Cuz if it does go any higher, the max is gonna be 4GB.
    I don't know about that. I thought someone posted FAT32 can support up to 2TB (where's the 2TB SD?). That's not to say that the card will work, but I'll reserve judgement.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  8.    #8  
    Is it the same support as LifeDrive? I think that can go over 4GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I don't know about that. I thought someone posted FAT32 can support up to 2TB (where's the 2TB SD?). That's not to say that the card will work, but I'll reserve judgement.
    I'm only saying that there will be a limit because Palm will have already made a limit on the device.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Does it support 4GB+ SD cards? Won't be getting one unless it does. From what I understand, there are variations of non-standard 4GB cards out now. Which will/won't work?
    According to the TC Cover Story, it supposedly has "2GB and up SD card support". I didn't see any reference to this on the Palm web site, but I'm hopeful.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Well, Newegg.com has A-Data 4GB SD Cards for $89.99. I've been using an A-Data 2GB SD card in my 650 since Christmas, and it's been flawless. So, I plan on picking up one of these 4GB cards when I get my 700p. I'll let you know if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Good Question.

I would assume Sandisk SD cards will work, if and when they start selling them --- that size is still not listed on the SanDisk website.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    I have the A-Data 4 GB in my Treo 650, it works fine in the treo (w/ fat32 patch), but gives me problems w/ my card reader, so had to spring for the card reader palm app to actually get data onto it.
  13.    #13  
    ^could you point me to the Fat32/650 patch please? I just got an A-Data 4GB too.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    search for fat32 in the 650 board.
    anyone know if the 8GB cards will work when they are released? I'm inclined to wait for them and skip the 4GB unless 4GB is the max the 700P can use.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter
    According to the TC Cover Story, it supposedly has "2GB and up SD card support". I didn't see any reference to this on the Palm web site, but I'm hopeful.
    It also says:

"4GB SD Cards are supported on a limited basis"

Whatever that means..
    <br>
    It does NOT support SD cards over 2 GB according to Engadget.
  18.    #18  
    If so, dumb move by Palm. They could more easily compete with iPod if having large storage capacity. Treo can stream media as well while iPod cannot.
    Ahem - isn't the FAT32 driver pulled from the Treo 700's ROM? If so, I've heard reports that RiData 4GB cards don't have problems - even with recording video to the card. I believe the p will support 4 GB cards.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    First of all this... it probably is supported but Palm is just being cautios b/c they don't want to say definitely that the 700p will be compatible with all 4GB sd card in the market. Realize that the SD consortium just recently finalized the sd spec for capacities larger than 4 GB. Thus there is a possibility that there are non-compatible card models out there. They are just covering their bases in case a compatibility issue exists. To say that it won't support 4GB cards is not fair imo in this light...

Also, recall that the fat32 driver hack that many users are now using on the 650 is from the 700p rom in the first place!!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast