Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    <merged>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    why do you need 4gb on a palm?
    the fat32 driver comes from the lifedrive
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkimcpa

music, pictures, video, reference, Excel/Word files from work, other programs, BackupBuddy backups and checkpoints. . . .

Last edited by gtwo; 05/15/2006 at 12:47 PM.
  5.    #25  
    TomTom maps, music, video, ebooks, etc... I want 32GB. :-)
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    voice memo,audio books,music production,pics
    you guys are really serious with this handheld business. I thought it was just a phone with intarweb access!
  8.    #28  
    ^No different than a 30GB iPod. You can do a whole lot more on Treo than iPod.
    you guys are really serious with this handheld business. I thought it was just a phone with intarweb access!

Basically -- it's a handheld computer with Internet access and this phone thingie.

Uses are basically wide open. Check out the software area to get an idea. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    To just tell people I have 4GB on my phone. Quickest way to annoy the WM5 and Symbian users.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    First of all this... it probably is supported but Palm is just being cautios b/c they don't want to say definitely that the 700p will be compatible with all 4GB sd card in the market. Realize that the SD consortium just recently finalized the sd spec for capacities larger than 4 GB. Thus there is a possibility that there are non-compatible card models out there. They are just covering their bases in case a compatibility issue exists. To say that it won't support 4GB cards is not fair imo in this light...

Also, recall that the fat32 driver hack that many users are now using on the 650 is from the 700p rom in the first place!!!
    Just saw video at Treo 700 P Video and in this video Palm spokesperson verify that it supports 2GB currently and TESTING 4GB cards.
    So this means it either works but not supported by Palm yet (the 4GB SD card) or they will be supporting it very shortly and it will work.
    Cheers
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  12.    #32  
    ^I saw that too in the video. Now let's hope it will support upcoming 8/16/32GB SD cards too.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I know all the people posting about the test units said it had FAT32 but the fact that Palm is not saying it's supported is very strange. I for one will not buy a device that does not have FAT32 because it's a step backwards from my 650. I love all the specs for the 700p but if that sucker can't let me take the entire catalog of Pink Floyd with me then I would not buy it.

At worst this is not good that this thing runs FAT16, at best it's a marketing blunder on Palm's part for not making sure and saying that FAT32 is good out of the box.
    I've seen several posts (confirmed by my own personal experience) that the performance of write/modify/delete operations on a 4GB card are noticabley slower than on a 2GB card. I have a Transcend 4GB card and have regularly notice this when deleting Audible.com audiobook files on my 4GB card...it takes anywhere from 30 - 60+ seconds to delete a file from within the Audible application (larger files take longer).

I've also run into problems installing large files during a hotsynch (Earthcomber and BDicty dictionaries) where it fails to copy the files. However, I've been able to work around these problems by copying the files directly using Card Export II.

My bet is that my 4GB card will work the same on a 700p as it does on my 650p with FAT32.prc hack. However, I'm guessing that Palm is trying to address these performance problems before claiming that 4GB+ cards are "supported".
    Does anyone have any new updates about 4GB cards working in the 700p? Is it worth it to wait until they release the 8GB SD card and pray that it works with this device? I won't need one until the beginning of September anyway.

Does anyone even know what the problem would be with the 4GB cards and why it & the 8gb/16gb, whatever it may be, wouldn't work with the treo's. Thanks
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    So the 700p is going to be released in less then a week and i still don't know if it will support 8gb SD cards ( I think i decided to wait for one of these instead of getting a 4GB. Smart Move?)
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    So the 700p is going to be released in less then a week and i still don't know if it will support 8gb SD cards ( I think i decided to wait for one of these instead of getting a 4GB. Smart Move?)
    4gb in testing I think.
    8gb I think we have a long wait for that.
    <s></s>
    Quote Originally Posted by Headake
    4gb in testing I think.
    8gb I think we have a long wait for that.
    I was assuming the 8gb was around the corner. Guess i should go for the 4gb and wait. Headake, do you know if you order for the 700p is coming with a $100 rebate? It is apparently priced on Palm's website that Sprint is 499 w/ 2 yr contract minus $100 instant rebate?
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    I was assuming the 8gb was around the corner. Guess i should go for the 4gb and wait. Headake, do you know if you order for the 700p is coming with a $100 rebate? It is apparently priced on Palm's website that Sprint is 499 w/ 2 yr contract minus $100 instant rebate?
    I bought mine full price - $100 (developer) + 1gb Card free.. thats all. I don't think they will send me any rebate. If they do I will quietly take it.
    <s></s>
    Some guys just said a Adata 4gb works fine on his Treo 700P. I want to know if the AGL 4gb card will work too. I guess if & when someone finds out, that would be nice...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast