1.    #1  
    Hi all

I have a problem with my Treo 650. I use the speakerphone mode while I am in the car. I find that when I am calling and use the speakerphone mode the microphone doesn't work - I can hear the callee but she can't hear me nomatter how loud I shout When I am receiving a call all works fine - I can hear the caller and she can hear me well.

I suspect this could be a software bug? My Treo is a 650 Orange UK one - in the Phone Info app I see 1.71 firmware and Treo650-1.20-OUK software version. Has anyone had the same problem, and do you know of any potential solutions?
    Do you use the audio jack to listen via headphones etc?

Probably damage to the jack. The Treo thinks that something is still plugged into the jack. There is a member here (nonobeez) who can repair this if the unit is out of warranty.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    When using my T650 with the speakerphone, my wife complains that she can't hear me, even if I shout close to the mic. It seems that the mic sensitivity is much reduced when speakerphone is on.
    :-((
  4.    #4  
    No, I don't use the headphones. I read the bit about the headphones around here, but I don't think that's the problem. I also read about volumecare, and I'll try that - it may be something with the microphone cutting off due to excesive noise in the car - but I doubt it.