Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Whats the deal! No MP3 Ringtone support?!?! The most widely used audio format in existence and you still need to get third party software... It even has the ability to play the file, just not for a ringtone apparantly. Thats crap. (Im basing this on the fact that it nowhere directly says it supports MP3 ringtones, only "compatible ringtones"). Oh and bluetooth 1.2... Bah.
    -G
    Eh...that really doesn't bother me so much... There's like half a dozen 3rd party solution for this out there, though I agree it would be nice to have free OTB option...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXMonster
    Whats the deal! No MP3 Ringtone support?!?! The most widely used audio format in existence and you still need to get third party software... It even has the ability to play the file, just not for a ringtone apparantly. Thats crap. (Im basing this on the fact that it nowhere directly says it supports MP3 ringtones, only "compatible ringtones"). Oh and bluetooth 1.2... Bah.
    -G
    But is that gonna stop most of us from buying it?
    I think not. And I also think they do wanna keep the third party software developers in buisness too.
    Last edited by Headake; 05/15/2006 at 01:44 AM. Reason: I think I need a new keyboard... like 10 typos in last 3 posts :(
    Well, it may support MP3 ringtones. Now although this doesn't prove anything, if you watch the flash animation on Palm's website, when it talks abou downloading ringtones it shows downloading an MP3 file.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Well, it may support MP3 ringtones. Now although this doesn't prove anything, if you watch the flash animation on Palm's website, when it talks abou downloading ringtones it shows downloading an MP3 file.
    Intresting....

Hardly a deal breaker though as Gfunk said theres no as if you havnt got a choice of software.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b

I think the part about downloading mp3's is part of the online music store via the wma-janus encrpted Ptunes client...that is download muic directly to the treo via Realplayer, Napster store etc...not to do with builtin mp3 ringer support.

However, what interests me more about this is whether palm has finally removed the infamous 2MB download limit in blazer?! I assume they would have to if they wanted to encourage downloading mp3's directly to the Treo huh?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    However, what interests me more about this is whether palm has finally removed the infamous 2MB download limit in blazer?! I assume they would have to if they wanted to encourage downloading mp3's directly to the Treo huh?

I hope they did seeing that it has EvDO. Anyone know if the IE in 700w has any kind of limitations on size of download?
    <s></s>
    Btw, the 700p will support MIDI, WAV, MP3, and video ringtones.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  9.    #9  
    "Btw, the 700p will support MIDI, WAV, MP3, and video ringtones."

Where did you read / discover this this info?
    -G
    Here

Read the Specs on AUDIO.
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg_P1OS21
    Here

Read the Specs on AUDIO.
    Hot DAMN!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!

Before the 700P is even available the spoiled brats who want their mommies to buy them a Treo are complaining....wahaaaaaaaahhhaaaahhhhaaaahhhhh...
    I'm not too overly excited about the "upgrades" and additions, but we've speculated for long enough, I'm just glad they've finally announced it. I'll upgrade, though I still wish it would be either a bit slimmer. If only there was a flip phone I'd be happy.

Still missing my i500
    Meh. From my point of view, the lack of MP3 ringers just decreases the number of annoyed glances you get when your phone rings in public.
    I keep my phone on vibrate 95% of the time.
    Jimmie Geddes
    If this is true (native support for MP3 ringtones) it may explain why I got no reply to my query of the writer of LightWav as to whether it will work on the 700p... Just think of it... a MP3 ringtone not needing buggy software!
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!

Before the 700P is even available the spoiled brats who want their mommies to buy them a Treo are complaining....wahaaaaaaaahhhaaaahhhhaaaahhhhh...
    I think they need to make a new thread for complaints of everyone who HAS THE 700P. I can't understand all of this complaining of a phone that has been tried and used by .0000001% of the population.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    I can't understand all of this complaining of a phone that has been tried and used by .0000001% of the population.
    72.68% of statistics are made up on the spot.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    72.68% of statistics are made up on the spot.
    HAHaha, does that include ^^^THAT^^^
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Except Marcus, the only guy around here who does have one, says that his 700p does not support MP3 ringtones. False advertising on Palm's part.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast