1.    #1  
    From PCMag:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1961581,00.asp

Scroll toward the end of the article:

[q]"One major barrier against producing a model for Cingular's HSDPA cellular network is Palm OS' inability to handle simultaneous voice and data calls, White said."[/q]
    Yikes...that's troubling...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I guess I'm keeping my 650 until my contract expires in another year and moving elsewhere. Poo on Cingular.
    I wouldn't be too hasty... Recall, there was a great deal of consternation with the fact that there wasn't native 1xEvDo driver stack in Frankengarnet either, but it appears Palm was able to custom create that! So it may be possible Palm is working on UMTS as well...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    That article has a few mistakes, including the fact that the 700p will NOT support WiFi cards.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    That article has a few mistakes, including the fact that the 700p will NOT support WiFi cards.

I don't think that is a mistake...at least concerning Palm branded wifi cards. There are no official drivers out there right now. Hopefully in the future there will be though...

Any dates for GSM availabilty for us TMOs?
    Harvey
  8.    #8  
    if i had to guess, GSM users WILL NOT see any more Palm OS, and will strictly be Windows Mobile here on out.

Again, that is just my guessing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    if i had to guess, GSM users WILL NOT see any more Palm OS, and will strictly be Windows Mobile here on out.

Again, that is just my guessing.

Nah...I think there will be both WM and palmOS GSM/UMTS Treos released this year. That would logically complete the "four new Treo" models that Palm execs have been touting:

700w
    700p
    *WM GSM Treo
    *PalmOS GSM Treo

Since the rumors of the so called hollywood and lowrider have seemed to have been stated as false (or at leaset denied by Palm), it's not certain what dirrefences in specs or form factor the gsm Treos will have. Although I would like to see an thinner, antennaless version...