1.    #1  
    I am assuming that DUN will work on my Mac just like it does now with my 650 on Sprint PCS in spite of the statement...

"A bundled carrier-specific desktop application is needed (Windows only), and an additional DUN plan may be required by the carrier."

The operative words are "may be"???

Anyone have any insights on any differences in DUN between the 650 and the 700p especially with the Mac?

John
    It might work, but not with the carrier specific app needed from your carrier. Basically what Palm has done here is to make a way for the carriers to make money off what PDAnet is doing so cheap. My guess is that once people get this phone they are going to find out that PDANet won't work anymore. DUN is going to require this software to work - and unless someone hacks the windows version and ports it to a Mac somehow, you might be out of luck.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  3.    #3  
    My guess is that once people get this phone they are going to find out that PDANet won't work anymore.
    Since the 1.12 firmware update DUN was officially enabled on the Sprint 650 via bluetooth and it has worked great for me without any desktop applications (PDANet) necessary. Before the 1.12 update, if I remember correctly, we only had to install a patch on the 650 to make the DUN checkbox available in the bluetooth control panel.

Perhaps the statement only refers to DUN via USB which does require a desktop app similar to PDANet to work on the 650/Mac?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbdh
    I am assuming that DUN will work on my Mac just like it does now with my 650 on Sprint PCS in spite of the statement...

"A bundled carrier-specific desktop application is needed (Windows only), and an additional DUN plan may be required by the carrier."

The operative words are "may be"???

John
    When it comes to Sprint, the idea of "may be" is going to be definite. One of the reason's you can browse the web on the treo 650 with your computer, but you wont be able to do it with the Treo 700 is the EVDO network. Sprint's system cant distinguish using the standard 1xRTT (Vision) regular browsing on the phone vs using the phone as a modem and streaming it to your computer.
    With EVDO (Power Vision) Sprint's system can determine what is using the network, so if you want to use the phone as a modem, you'll have to sign up for their "Phone as a modem" plan, which runs an extra $39.99 a month approx.
    First thing, I have SERO plan with unlimited VISION (not power vision) in my plan just signed up 2 months ago. I was told that when i buy EVDO (power vision) compatible phone all i have to do is call and they will enter code in my plan that will just change unlimited VISION to POWER VISION in my current SERO 49.99 plan and everything stays same. Is it right?? Any info on if there would be problem or I must find unique person on phone that understand me??
    Also, If I have unlimited Power vision in SERO plan already (I hope above theory works), how much extra I have to pay to get modem connectivity for my laptop (through 700P)?? Any ideas?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    anyone???
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I dont think any change is needed. Me and my wife have sero, I have the treo 650 and she has the a900 blade(which is powervision) Our bills are identical. In the data section, it says "Unlimited Vision Access".

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    First thing, I have SERO plan with unlimited VISION (not power vision) in my plan just signed up 2 months ago. I was told that when i buy EVDO (power vision) compatible phone all i have to do is call and they will enter code in my plan that will just change unlimited VISION to POWER VISION in my current SERO 49.99 plan and everything stays same. Is it right?? Any info on if there would be problem or I must find unique person on phone that understand me??
    Also, If I have unlimited Power vision in SERO plan already (I hope above theory works), how much extra I have to pay to get modem connectivity for my laptop (through 700P)?? Any ideas?