Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thanks to the high speed EVDO connection and software powered by Kinoma you can now stream Windows Media player type Video and audio to the device with no additioinal third party software.
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...-700p-preview/

WOW! I didn't see that mentioned on TC's preview article, but it was mentioned over at PIC! This is HUGE!!!!!!!! How looong have Palmos users been waiting for this? Heck, I wasn't even aware that Kinoma had a media client that supported streaming wmv? Did I miss something? Anyway, this is great news to say that least!

No A2DP support or wifi drivers still stink, but at least there is a software solution for the former and hopefully a workable hack shortly for the later...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    does that mean orb will be supported?
    A streaming audio and video client is now built-into Blazer. You can view
    streaming video (WMV including MPEG4, H.264, and others) and listen
    to radio on the go with support for Internet radio and podcasts. Live TV is available for a
    fee through Sprint TV.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    A streaming audio and video client is now built-into Blazer. You can view
    streaming video (WMV including MPEG4, H.264, and others) and listen
    to radio on the go with support for Internet radio and podcasts. Live TV is available for a
    fee through Sprint TV.

Marcus, what does that mean, "builtin into blazer?" From the PIC article, I'm assuming Palm lisenced a client from Kinoma that they've integrated into blazer or the media player? Is there a separate media client that for example could play wmv files off the card etc?

Also, when did Kinoma release this? This must be new b/c I don't recall a wmv client from Kinoma before, or am I going senile or something...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Marcus, what does that mean, "builtin into blazer?" From the PIC article, I'm assuming Palm lisenced a client from Kinoma that they've integrated into blazer or the media player? Is there a separate media client that for example could play wmv files off the card etc?

Also, when did Kinoma release this? This must be new b/c I don't recall a wmv client from Kinoma before, or am I going senile or something...

If Palm got this, it's a MAJOR coup. Multimedia was the one category where WM made POS look silly. EV-DO would seem kind of wasted on a device that didn't stream media. Streaming support for WM codecs makes the 700p a BIG step up from the 650.

What in the world is 'WM-TYPE'? If it plays WM, are the codes available to pTunes and TCPMP?

We need more info on this. Hopefully it's not as good as the much-hyped 'Exchange ActiveSync' on the 650.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    The media support comes from three seperate applications on the Treo 700p.

Pics & Video from Arcos handles still images and camera movies playback.
    PocketTunes plays MP3, WMA, PCM WAV, and Ogg Vorbis files.
    Blazer (licensed from Kinoma?) handles streaming WMV video/audio and MPEG4, H.264 (and possibly local playback as well).

All applications have a consitant GUI.
    So does this mean I will be able to listen to xmradio online?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Blazer (licensed from Kinoma?) handles streaming WMV video/audio and MPEG4, H.264 (and possible local playback as well).

HOLY CASH COW!http://www.ccnewsletters.com/sitebui...on-354x305.jpg

It's great. I will get the 700p.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

I am hoping that the 700p can stream XM. When I had the 6700 I loved that I could listen to XM on it.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    If thats true it makes my Inno pretty damn pointless. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/rolleyes.gif
    Someone seriously needs to reverse engineer this and make it available on my Treo 650 NOW

Want to stream on ORB and XM/Sirius online.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    does that mean orb will be supported?
    Perhaps someone can test it out for us?

http://test.orb.com/
    Curious if this would help Slingbox come out with a client too.
    Will this be able to support MLB Audio?
    You're getting me excited now. WMA and WMV on a Treo, and PALM of all entities is reponsible for it?

I'll believe it when I see it. !!!
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  16.    #16  

Blazer (licensed from Kinoma?) handles streaming WMV video/audio and MPEG4, H.264 (and possibly local playback as well).

Wow. thanks Marcus. That is huge news. Palm really broke out the 3rd party lisencing agreements to achieve this. Good for Palm and shame on Palmsource/Access for having to resort to this. I just wonder however if this Kinoma player with wmv support will ever be available separately for other palmos devices...

evdo, and wmv, wma streaming support were the only things I envied about windows mobile…. Multi-tasking & wifi have never been an issue for me, so I will definitely be upgrading…. I’m lining up the sale of my 650 as I type
    Wow, holy crap. I didn't see that coming.
    Umm I can't see sprint allowing 700P owners to stream XM and then charge everyone else $6 a month to stream 2 siruis channels.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Wow, holy crap. I didn't see that coming.
    neither did I. I tihnk I will be selling my 6700. Treo 700p... HERE I COME!
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast