Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    yeah streaming wmv/wma(via kinoma/blazer) does work, havent tried xm yet but i will soon.
    no i havent yet but i plan to, just tryin to get the phone the way i want it and make sure its stable before i start playing around with other things, when/if i do i'll post results if no one else does.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Talk to yourself often, Ljj??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    yeah streaming wmv/wma(via kinoma/blazer) does work, havent tried xm yet but i will soon.

Marcus already tested this and was successful:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=50
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Yes, I'm talking about .avi files, but to be honest, my very limited experience with video playback has mainly been with my Tapwave Zodiac. The Zodiac has a dedicated graphics chip. OTOH, it also has a higher res screen and a slower CPU and when I played back clips on my 650 that I had encoded specifically for my Zodiac (at 480x320), the Treo did quite well (likely due to its faster CPU). I would expect that video that is encoded specifically for the 650/700p (e.g., 4:3 video encoded at a 320x240 resolution to maintain that 4:3 aspect ratio) should look great.

I suspect that your problem may be due to the tool that you're using to do the encoding. Take a look at this really long thread at my site (Tapland). Starting on page 4 a user by the handle of dougom (a new staff member of mine) starts giving some user reviews of various software tools for encoding DVDs. Again, he's looking at it from a Zodiac-optimized perspective, but I suspect his impressions/advice should apply equally well for encoding for the Treo 650/700p.
    Thanks again, Scott.

I think my problem is that I'm using .avi files encoded for my Archos AV400 portable video player. The size it uses is a little higher than 480X320. Lazy me, I tried to simply play those files on the Treo 650 rather than go through the ordeal of re-encoding them at a smaller size. That's good info as I move forward.

The best solution for me would be to find a player that does iPod Video files in MP4; which are also done at 320X240. Like several other early adopters, I have an iPod Video 60GB and have already filled it up with clips - it'd be great to share them with the Treo 700p and leave the iPod at home.

As I recall, the plug-in mentioned on the TCMP forums was for the iPod formatted MP4's... Hope it's out soon!

I'll look at your thread when my 700 arrives, either tomorrow or Wednesday, and let everyone know what I figure out.

Thanks again!
    Larry Z.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    Hey, Scott -

I got my 700p today, and loaded up TCMP and some .avi files...and they worked fine! I was pretty surprised...the only problem is that they are a wee bit out of synch. I think I made a 3 frame adjustment that works - I'll have to test it further, though.

Thanks a lot for all your help!
    Larry Z.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    Wow. Streaming XM is AWESOME. Just tried it out. Unreal. I'd give anything for them to allow the MLB games online -- not a huge music fan (XM was my wife's idea).
    were u guys able to stream vids in wmv forat from browser on 700p ? I tried break.com and instead of kinoma player pocket tunes opens up and says invalid file format ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R View Post
    Yes, I'm talking about .avi files, but to be honest, my very limited experience with video playback has mainly been with my Tapwave Zodiac. The Zodiac has a dedicated graphics chip. OTOH, it also has a higher res screen and a slower CPU and when I played back clips on my 650 that I had encoded specifically for my Zodiac (at 480x320), the Treo did quite well (likely due to its faster CPU). I would expect that video that is encoded specifically for the 650/700p (e.g., 4:3 video encoded at a 320x240 resolution to maintain that 4:3 aspect ratio) should look great.

I suspect that your problem may be due to the tool that you're using to do the encoding. Take a look at this really long thread at my site (Tapland). Starting on page 4 a user by the handle of dougom (a new staff member of mine) starts giving some user reviews of various software tools for encoding DVDs. Again, he's looking at it from a Zodiac-optimized perspective, but I suspect his impressions/advice should apply equally well for encoding for the Treo 650/700p.
    Ol' Doug just got himself a Treo, and has been experimenting with running movies via TCPMP on it. I realize that this is an old thread, but if folks are interested, I'm happy to give people the benefits of my experience. (Certainly not wisdom.)

Doug
    I just went to test.orb.com and was able to play the wmv in Kinoma. Only issues is that the video is so choppy, you are unable to really see what's going on in the video. Not sure if this is only me, but only way I can watch video on the 700p is through my sd card and TCPMP.
    Has anyone figured out a way to play a locally cached WMV file (i.e.: from the SD card) on the Treo?
    Palm Personal => V => Vx (w/OmniSky) => m505 => Treo 300 => 600 => 650 (free of charge) => 700P (free of charge again!)
    i'm wondering the same thing, what good is kinoma if you don't want to stream .wmv but play straight from the card? what gives?
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I believe you need to get the full version of Kinoma in order to play files from your card.
    Quote Originally Posted by mansouan View Post
    Has anyone figured out a way to play a locally cached WMV file (i.e.: from the SD card) on the Treo?

I just want to view a WMV attachement on Snappermail.
    Anyone?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I just want to view a WMV attachement on Snappermail.
    Anyone?

Anyone, anyone?
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by daver42 View Post
    I believe you need to get the full version of Kinoma in order to play files from your card.
    Huh? The documentation for Kinoma PLAYER doesn't mention WMV support at all. Kinoma PRODUCER will create movies playable on the Palm from WMV files; said movies can be played by Kinoma Player, TCPMP, etc.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    can't you just use tcpmp for non streaming wmv...?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    can't you just use tcpmp for non streaming wmv...?
    Unfortunately not. TCPMP will of course play many formats but generally not WMV. If you search on "TCPMP WMV" you'll find out why.
    So does that mean that there isn't any app I can install that will allow me to view a WMV file that is attached to an email (SnapperMail)?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I tried the kinoma full version and it will not play local wmv files so I still haven't found a way either.
    dam so as of now u cant view wmv files that are emailed to u...?

i tried downloading to card, phone resets
    selecting viewer, doesnt find one that suports those files...
    : (
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast