Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Umm I can't see sprint allowing 700P owners to stream XM and then charge everyone else $6 a month to stream 2 siruis channels.
    Yeah, that would be like them allowing 650 owners to use Verichat and then charge everyone else for messaging

Or, or allowing 650 owners to use Chatter and charging everyone else for push email

- oh wait

A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah
    evdo, and wmv, wma streaming support were the only things I envied about windows mobile…. Multi-tasking & wifi have never been an issue for me, so I will definitely be upgrading…. I’m lining up the sale of my 650 as I type
    Well put - but I'd like to actually see a Palm media player play streaming and local WMV and WMA files before I let M$ offices sink into the Pacific.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Using orb is going to bring the biggest smile to my face.
    Yup, biggest surprise of the day, and it gets the least amount of coverage!

I'm also surprised that it's reportedly Kinoma behind the technology. I tried their video solution for the 650 and I thought it was pretty awful...
    Last edited by g-funkster; 05/15/2006 at 02:21 PM.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    neither did I. I tihnk I will be selling my 6700. Treo 700p... HERE I COME!
    Don't get too excited. At least make sure it will work on either orb or slingbox. I am impressed with the work Palm has done to expend the OEM multimedia software. Sure RealAudio is crap but pTunes and Kinoma are very good.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Don't get too excited. At least make sure it will work on either orb or slingbox. I am impressed with the work Palm has done to expend the OEM multimedia software. Sure RealAudio is crap but pTunes and Kinoma are very good.
    I don't have Slingbox and I don't use orb.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi
    Someone seriously needs to reverse engineer this and make it available on my Treo 650 NOW
    Check this out from the Multimedia forum, "Finally! orb support on the Treo 650 Announced" from April 25. "Right from the Treo 650's native Blazer..., users will be able to select... tv, music or video ... to stream to the Kinoma player." Sounds like the 700P's press release!

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=112734

So, looks like the 650 will be getting this too, but you'll obviously be restricted to much lower bandwidth feeds.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Hey folks -

Please forgive me if this sounds like an awful question - but I've been searching the forums all night and can't find an answer...

I use Kinoma Player EX on my 650. I have a lot of video converted to Kinoma MP4 files using the producer function in the software. My question is this:

Will my 700p (hopefully arriving on Tuesday) be able to play my videos off my SD card? I wasn't sure if the "streaming" references made my many posters meant that you could watch stuff only in blazer. If you could clear that up for me, that'd be great.

Also - I was less than satisfied with Kinoma on the 650. I never got it to work at 30 FPS, and if anyone knows a better solution please tell me about it. I tried the Core Media Player, and that didn't work well either as it was far too choppy.

Thanks in advance -
    Larry Z.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    LZMutant, the Core player (aka TCPMP) will definitely give you high-quality video if you use a format other than MPEG4.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...-700p-preview/

No A2DP support or wifi drivers still stink, but at least there is a software solution for the former and hopefully a workable hack shortly for the later...
    gfunk - What is the software solution for A2DP ? is it already out ?
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicMasta
    gfunk - What is the software solution for A2DP ? is it already out ?
    Softick Audio Gateway enables A2DP on the Treo. I use it on my 650 with pockettunes and my Moto HT820s. Works great. it even includes the AVRCP profile, which enables the transport controls like pause, FF, rew from the headset (pocket-tunes only).

I should mention that I use the Treo 650 as a standalone PDA (and mp3 player), so I have no idea how well the Audio Gateway software co-exists with an active phone connection (or a paired BT headset).
    Good info about Softick's solution! Has this been tested on the 700p?
    There is reference to 700p support in the Orb forums. Seems one of the developers tested Orb on pre-production 700p unit and said it worked.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    yeah streaming wmv/wma(via kinoma/blazer) does work, havent tried xm yet but i will soon.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Ljj8503, did you use orb with your 700 to stream? How did it work - was the video of decent quality? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    LZMutant, the Core player (aka TCPMP) will definitely give you high-quality video if you use a format other than MPEG4.
    Thanks Scott - a couple of months ago I posted on the forums over there, and they said that the Palm release required a plug-in to play mp4 that wasn't available yet...so I forgot about it. I tested it with .avi files too (again this is with the 650) and while it played back, the video was way too choppy.

Are you having success with Core Player and .avi files? Maybe they upgraded the software?

Otherwise what format are you using, and which encoding program?

Many thanks!
    Larry Z.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    If the 700p gets slingplayer, xm, and Sirius (Stern anywhere in June) I may have to reconsider my 6700 switch. I love it as it is, but if the 700p has sling software, I may have to switch.....
    Quick question since you know can stream videos and audio does this mean i can go on espn.com and watch some videos they have on the site...if so that would be cool...am also pretty sure of the answer i just want confirm from some1 who has the phone
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geezy
    Quick question since you know can stream videos and audio does this mean i can go on espn.com and watch some videos they have on the site...if so that would be cool...am also pretty sure of the answer i just want confirm from some1 who has the phone
    I would like to know this also. That would be so cool if we could do that.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by LZMutant
    Thanks Scott - a couple of months ago I posted on the forums over there, and they said that the Palm release required a plug-in to play mp4 that wasn't available yet...so I forgot about it. I tested it with .avi files too (again this is with the 650) and while it played back, the video was way too choppy.
    Yes, I'm talking about .avi files, but to be honest, my very limited experience with video playback has mainly been with my Tapwave Zodiac. The Zodiac has a dedicated graphics chip. OTOH, it also has a higher res screen and a slower CPU and when I played back clips on my 650 that I had encoded specifically for my Zodiac (at 480x320), the Treo did quite well (likely due to its faster CPU). I would expect that video that is encoded specifically for the 650/700p (e.g., 4:3 video encoded at a 320x240 resolution to maintain that 4:3 aspect ratio) should look great.

I suspect that your problem may be due to the tool that you're using to do the encoding. Take a look at this really long thread at my site (Tapland). Starting on page 4 a user by the handle of dougom (a new staff member of mine) starts giving some user reviews of various software tools for encoding DVDs. Again, he's looking at it from a Zodiac-optimized perspective, but I suspect his impressions/advice should apply equally well for encoding for the Treo 650/700p.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast