1.    #1  
    I'm glad to see Pocket Tunes on the 700P. I really enjoy it on my 650. However, since it is in ROM (or is it?), updating it will require uploading a new ROM with the more complete deluxe version, yes? It looks like the pre-installed P-tunes might be a bit of a stripped down version and we will need to install our own paid for "deluxe" version if we want the deluxe features, correct? Any feedback on this? Oh and if they could only get it to stream WMA so we can listen to XM/Sirius.......

I can't wait!!!! I want it I want it I want it.......
    i agree. i bet its the stripped down, non-deluxe version.

we need deluxe to be able to stream right?
    Sounds like the new version of Blazer on EVDO will be able to stream WMA (so therefore XM/Sirius)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Sounds like the new version of Blazer on EVDO will be able to stream WMA (so therefore XM/Sirius)
    That's great news. Now if only we could have something like Slingbox.

I guess the big question will be if Ptunes is in ROM, or it is just a free program that can be installed in RAM. I'd almost rather it be just a free add on so it can be updated easily. It's a much bigger pain to update anything that is in ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    i agree. i bet its the stripped down, non-deluxe version.

we need deluxe to be able to stream right?
    Yep, its standard, i think its ~20 bucks or so to get deluxe that streams
    from what I recall, Pockettunes won't run from ROM. Programs like that should be in "RAM" anyhow because of the constant bugfixes.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Ptunes is in ROM and the correct Serial # will activate the deluxe version.

There is presently only one Ptunes.prc per rev, and it is the same for standard and deluxe.

But I hear it is an older version... But I don't see why.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Yeah, they can atleast give us the latest version. Consindering they left out wifi BT2.0, and so on
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    If it is in ROM and you try to upgrade it by installing a newer version, you'll have two icons for it in your launcher(s).
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    If it is in ROM and you try to upgrade it by installing a newer version, you'll have two icons for it in your launcher(s).
    If you install another version of the same prc in your RAM as there is in the ROM (same name, say ptunes.prc), the Treo will go with the RAM version. If it turns out that the RAM and ROM prcs are different names, then the quick fix would be Obsfucate.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    So I'm a licensed user on the 650 and curious about whether/when normsoft is going to announce this new version; isnt on website now.
    Also of course, since the palm os isnt changing, it should run on the 650 - assuming I want to buy it for the upgrades that can use the 650.
    I installed the patch from Normsoft to upgrade my Lifedrive to PTunes 3.1.5. There is still only one icon for PTunes. The patch takes about 1.4MB of RAM and according to Normsoft, it is removeable if you want to revert to the original ROM version.

I'm assuming the Treo 700p upgrade would work the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot1000
    I installed the patch from Normsoft to upgrade my Lifedrive to PTunes 3.1.5. There is still only one icon for PTunes. The patch takes about 1.4MB of RAM and according to Normsoft, it is removeable if you want to revert to the original ROM version.

yeah it will mostly likley be exactly the same or very simialr.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot1000

That's how the RealPlayer update on the 650 was supposed to work, but we ended up with two icons.