Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    lets use this thread to accumulate all feedback from carriers who will have the 700p.

Have you talked to Sprint/ Cingular/ Verizon and received an ETA?
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    "early june" vzw
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    may 28 w/sprint
  4.    #4  
    Phoned Sprint three times this morning and got three different answers...

Early July, Early June, and next week....
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    Phoned Sprint three times this morning and got three different answers...

Early July, Early June, and next week....
    Affiliate stores will lag behind corporate stores -- but you would think tele-sales would have a standard answer -- but that was the range prior to the announcement coming out of tele-sales. . . . LOL
    i just got off the phone with the sprint rep checking to see if im elegible for the 18 month $150 discount, i have to wait till february 2007, so i asked her if she has any release dates on new phones she tells me "let me guess you want to know about the 700p" i say yes she tells me, it just shows end of may, no price, no date just end of may.

at least she sees it in her system. i got money burning a hole in my pocket for this thing.
    how much wil;l the damn thing cost?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano
    how much wil;l the damn thing cost?!?!?
    TBA

The best rumors to date have been $679?

$499 w/ 1yr

$399 w/ 2yr
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    i just got off the phone with the sprint rep checking to see if im elegible for the 18 month $150 discount, i have to wait till february 2007, so i asked her if she has any release dates on new phones she tells me "let me guess you want to know about the 700p" i say yes she tells me, it just shows end of may, no price, no date just end of may.

at least she sees it in her system. i got money burning a hole in my pocket for this thing.
    They changed the 18 months to 24 months now
    so i can just hook it up to my pc w/o an extra sprint plan for data for a pc ... all i need is power vision to get internet on my laptop?
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano
    so i can just hook it up to my pc w/o an extra sprint plan for data for a pc ... all i need is power vision to get internet on my laptop?
    Laptop usage may require a higher data plan -- stay tuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by master1m
    They changed the 18 months to 24 months now
    If you are willing to add 2 years to your agreement they will give you the $150 credit plus +$50 in retentions.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    To sum up what was heard at the Rogers National Manufacturer Road Show there is only a slim possibility that Rogers will provide the Treo 700 to customers. This is due to both the company and customer feedback has been poor towards the minor offering from Palm with this release. The Palm Rep didn't even have a 700 on display. I took it from the answers given that Rogers is waiting on the Treo codenamed "Hollywood" to be released possibly late 2006 which will provide customers with more in the device than is currently offered. Also the redesign is a nice selling point as opposed to looking like they are selling the same model over and over again. What's sad is it appeared while attending the road show that companies such as HP and Sony Ericsson have more to offer carriers in a scheduled release. Having features such as Bluetooth voice activated dialing included and 2 MP camera with LED flash were things that other manufacturers displayed at the road show but Palm has still yet to offer customers.
    Cingular (major accounts manager) telling me they have no intention of carrying the 700 but will be carrying a new Treo this year.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Cingular (major accounts manager) telling me they have no intention of carrying the 700 but will be carrying a new Treo this year.
    From what I've heard. No Cingular will not be carrying the Treo 700w nor the 700p, but rather a Treo called the "Hollywood." No real info on it other than it has an internal antenna.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203

Well you can be granfathered into the $150 discount after 18 months, but that system was mail-in rebates only. So you'd pay the $679.99 in store.
    Ok, I can vouch for Sprint.... The release date is May 28th... that means that the business dept will have first dibs on sales. Likely, 1-2 weeks following that, it will be available on the web, then 1-2 weeks after that, it will be available in stores. So despite the release date of May 28th, you will not likely get on in stores until Mid to Late June.
    Why does Sprint do it this way? With the release of phones to businesses first, they place major orders, like 100-1000 per order, big $ for Sprint, then the 1-2 weeks on the web gives them time to replenish, because only serious buyers are willing to order online and wait to come in, even though it is the earliest way to get them as the average consumer, then they prepare to drop the phones to the stores. A word of caution... what I have seen happen (as in the 6700) is that they are still low on stock upon store release, so the stores may only get 2-4 handsets and they sell out VERY quickly, as in by the first weekend. After that it takes another 1-2 weeks to replenish the standard 10 per box. So... if you can. call the stores, as soon as they are available, ask for one to be put on hold. They wont do it before the phones are in the store, trust me, its too much work and the list would get lost. Once they are in store, they can usually hold it through the day, or possibly through the next day. So be ready.
    And the purchase price is confirmed at $679.99 retail. If you have had your Sprint phone for +2 years, then you can get $150 instantly off, or if you add a new line to your account the same deal applies. Dont forget an activation fee applies up to $36. and you MUST sign up for Power Vision service. Your old vision plan cannot carry over. I'm sorry, but its true.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Early June for Verizon - are they going to play that "business customers" first game??

Karl
    Of course, there could be a variety of other issues.

1) 700P is currently offered as CDMA, as far as I know Rogers only offers GSM.
    2) Rogers data pricing is outrageously high, so they probably don't get too many customers signing up for the Palm devices.

[QUOTE=Dark_Knight]To sum up what was heard at the Rogers National Manufacturer Road Show there is only a slim possibility that Rogers will provide the Treo 700 to customers. This is due to both the company and customer feedback has been poor towards the minor offering from Palm with this release.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast