Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    <merged again>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    WTf is wrong with Palm? I want to trade my ppc6700 but this is just a treo650 with evdo.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    That chart just shows how little of an update the 700P really is.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi

Hi IsLNdbOi !!

I truly beg to differ. Between hardware and software, this is a complete home make over.

EV-DO will be huge for me.

60mb of memory -- finally back to my Tungsten T3.

DBcache and memory stack improvements.

Blazer improvements w/ streaming!

We will have to see the proof in the actual use, but I feel the changes are significant. However, if your 650 is doing what you want it to -- then, yes, why change?

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    True. Marketing really makes it look like minimal on this chart. Both have cameras, check. Both play music, check. Both have DUN, check. What about the differences?! (i.e. better camera, better mp3 player, high speed DUN w/ EV-DO).. about the only thing that really does stand out in this chart is that the 700p weighs more and has more memory.

I'm on the fence, leaning towards upgrading. I just wish it had a faster CPU and at least a glimmer of hope of supporting the wifi card (since EV-DO is nowhere near me).
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    True. Marketing really makes it look like minimal on this chart. Both have cameras, check. Both play music, check. Both have DUN, check. What about the differences?! (i.e. better camera, better mp3 player, high speed DUN w/ EV-DO).. about the only thing that really does stand out in this chart is that the 700p weighs more and has more memory.

I'm on the fence, leaning towards upgrading. I just wish it had a faster CPU and at least a glimmer of hope of supporting the wifi card (since EV-DO is nowhere near me).
    The true test will be to play with them side by side. . . . . .
    I've really been debating on this. I bought my 2nd 650 in December from Sprint (previously with Cingular, too many problems with the GSM model and Sprint was way cheaper on data). I finally got my 650 the way I like it. I don't care if it plays Mp3's, I have an MP3 player (Iriver H20). Ring tones I can careless for, since my phone is mostly on vibrate. Camera? When I take pictures, I use my real camera with 5 MP. Memory? My 1GB SD card is fine. I still have 13MB of internal memory if I need it.

The only thing that looks attractive is the Voice Memo and the EVDO. However, the sites that I do visit on my Treo are PDA enhanced sites anyway, so that come up pretty fast. I use Chatter for IMAP email, and that's really fast (except for attachments), and I use Causerie for my IM program, and that's working fast.

So I'm looking at paying nearly $60/month ($700 for 700p), plus $15 for Power Vision ($75/month) extra for Evdo and voice memo, things I could see being remotely beneficial. Sure, it's a nice business write-off, but I can't justify that cost right now. I think that I will stick with my stable 650. I'm sure someone makes a nice voice memo program that I can purchase.
    I'm sorry Perry. I know you love the P/OS, but this is about as exciting as a bowl of oatmeal. Eighteen months later, and this is what Palm gives us?

They shovel this stuff out because they can. People will gladly pay $650 for this, just because under Info it says "PalmOS."

This is what the 650 should have been. Knock about $200 of the estimated MSRP, and then maybe I'll get one. Otherwise
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm sorry Perry. I know you love the P/OS, but this is about as exciting as a bowl of oatmeal. Eighteen months later, and this is what Palm gives us?

They shovel this stuff out because they can. People will gladly pay $650 for this, just because under Info it says "PalmOS."

This is what the 650 should have been. Knock about $200 of the estimated MSRP, and then maybe I'll get one. Otherwise
    yup
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Simians of the World, unite!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I want Ev-DO. I will probably get it just for that. But can people please stop saying that it's got a better camera! It doesn't. It has a higher resolution camera. The color saturation sucks! If you're planning on taking B&W photos, maybe it is better.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.

Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    yup
    First time I agree with you Barye, scares the hell out of me.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  14.    #74  

Other than memory, evdo, and camera, everything else is a software upgrade. All of these could've been provided via a downloadable upgrade. And the camera isn't even really better. Boo Palm.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    I didn't see anyone post this, but if they did I apologize. CNET did a first take on it: http://reviews.cnet.com/Palm_Treo_70...?tag=cnetfd.sd
    lawilson2, I don't think anyone else posted that. Thanks. Unfortunately, I just watched it, and didn't see anything special. I was hoping they'd show a short clip of Blazer downloading a page, but no.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Yeah, their first takes usually suck in terms of detail. I think that once the carriers make their official announcements, CNET will update their preview to a review.

^
    I was hoping there would be a video clip of the 700p on the palm web site. That flash was nothing.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    As soon as the GSM version is released I will get excited.
    Yup, yup
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast