Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    can anyone tell me if the 700p and 700w both have 32mb of ram?
    700P= 128MB (60MB user accessible) non-volatile...
    at&t iPhone3G
    The Treo 650 was a significant improvement over the Treo 600, and was clearly worth the upgrade.

The Treo 700p is Not.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...00p/index.html

Operating System
    128MB (60MB user accessible) non-volatile
    Memory
    Intel® XScale™ 312MHz processor
    Processor
    320 x 320 color TFT touchscreen display 16-bit color displays displays up to 65,536 colors
    Screen
    CDMA 800/1900MHz digital dual-band

CDMA2000 EvDO network-backwards compatible with 1xRTT and IS95 networks

Bluetooth® 1.2 wireless support
    Wireless
    Personal speakerphone

Hands-free headset jack

Microphone mute option

TTY/TDD compatibility

3-way calling
    Phone Features
    1.3 megapixels with 1280x1024 resolution

Automatic light balance

2x digital zoom

Integrated self-portrait mirror

Video capture with 352 x 288 resolution
    Digital Camera
    2.5mm headset jack is stereo headset compatible-requires a stereo headset adapter, sold separately, for use with standard stereo headphones

Speaker

Polyphonic MIDI, MP3, WAV & video ringtones

External ringer on/off switch w/ vibrate mode
    Audio
    Full QWERTY key layout with backlighting

Integrated number dial pad

Keyguard feature
    Keyboard
    Support for MultiMediaCard, SD & SDIO cards
    Expansion Slot
    Removable, rechargeable lithium-ion battery

Talk time: up to 4.5 hours

Standby time: up to 300 hours
    Battery
    Multi-connector on device

USB sync cable

AC adapter (108-132 VAC/60Hz)
    Power/Sync
    2.28" W x 5.08" H (excluding antenna) x 0.89" D

58mm W x 129mm H x 58mm D
    Size
    6.4 ounces / 180 grams
    Weight
    Windows® 2000 or Windows® XP Service Pack 2 (later versions may also be supported)

USB port (USB sync cable included)

CD-ROM drive
    Windows® PC
    Mac OS 10.2.4-10.4

USB port (USB sync cable included)

CD-ROM drive
    Mac
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    When the 650 came out, there were a lot of dissapointed people then too..... ;-)

BTW, which other (on top of PT) does it come with? I thin I saw that it comes with a "special edition" on Pocket Express.
    There it is folks!
    - Jeeman
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    At least they haven't provided an MSRP yet. We still have something to speculate about.

I did indeed notice the Sprint AND Verizon logos...
    When I read the front page article, I was thinking that it sounded like an advertisement. Then I got to the part where it stated that TC didn't actually have one yet. And now I see that some Digital Lifestyle site got some exclusive time with it. I think it's pathetic that Palm couldn't get TC a real device to review. This is the premiere Treo site. They've been with Handspring since the beginning. Ridiculous.

...or do you think they were afraid that TC might actually *review* it and comment on both the good and the bad?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  8.    #49  
    Ya know this update just goes to show that Palm really couldn't care less about their consumers. I mean come on. They couldn't even test out the 4GB cards? How long has it been since the 650 came out? Palm is lazy, lazy, lazy.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo700p/

finally (sorry if someone else posted this already...i don't pour over these boards that much)

I was looking for a replacement sync cable for a used 650 someone just gave me...forget that, Im gonna wait.

Last edited by Lewtrek; 05/15/2006 at 10:07 AM.
    good eye
    The 700 p appears on Palm's website this morning for release to Verizon and Sprint....details to follow it says!
    Not to be contrary -- but that info did start to post around 12:15am today in other threads on this forum . . . . .

Welcome to the chaos!

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Well, it took a long time to make those changes. Has Palm been reduced to working out of a high school electronics classroom and had to wait for spring break to use the room? As you can tell I am underimpressed with the 700P unless there are upgrades that we do not know about. Yes, faster speed is nice, but unless you use it to connect a laptop how much do you really do on the 650/700?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Found it while looking for a sync cable for a 650, heh.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...p_announcement
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewtrek
    Found it while looking for a sync cable for a 650, heh.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...p_announcement

Hmmmmmmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    700P= 128MB (60MB user accessible) non-volatile...
    I think he was referring to whether the 700p has 32 MB volitile ram. Reportedly the the 700p will have 18 MB dbcache and 10 MB heap. It's not certain whether this is out of total 32 MB total volitile Ram or 64 MB. If the 700p has the exact same hardware spec as the 700w, then I would assume it has 64 MB...

The 60 MB of "user accessible" ram is actually the storage heap according to the way NVFS works...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Ya know this update just goes to show that Palm really couldn't care less about their consumers. I mean come on. They couldn't even test out the 4GB cards? How long has it been since the 650 came out? Palm is lazy, lazy, lazy.

To be fair, it probably IS supported, but Palm is probably being cautios because they don't want to garrantee that all 4+ GB cards out there will definitely be compatible...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    <merged>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast