Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    yayyyy I scooped all of you!!!!!!!!! Treo 700P officially announced!!!

Treo 700 P at Palm!
    ok im sorry its http://euro.palm.com/uk/ but you knew hat i ment
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    yayyyy I scooped all of you!!!!!!!!! Treo 700P officially announced!!!
    Thank you for scooping all of us Sir.
    Thats funny.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Looks like the mods will busy merging all these "700p Announced!" threads.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    <multiple threads merged!! >

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    ok im sorry its http://euro.palm.com/uk/ but you knew hat i ment

Yeah yeah I knew what you meant, thought my internet went down when uk.palm.com didnt work. .
    I sometimes make a n00b out of myself
    damn I am too slow i guess. this is very disappointing. Exact same UI, little additional memory & evdo? No wifi support even much less actual on board wifi? Sad day. So explain why I would spend $600 +++ for upgrade????????????????
    damn I am too slow i guess. this is very disappointing. Exact same UI, little additional memory & evdo? No wifi support even much less actual on board wifi? Sad day. So explain why I would spend $600 +++ for upgrade????????????????

Cause its 700p man its +50 more than your 650 and it has "p" in it
    ... and EVDO Oh the possibilities!!!
    this "compare" chart says it all! I see no reason to upgrade to Treoo 700 P from 650 as it is almost identical! http://www.palm.com/us/products/compare/index.html
    this "compare" chart says it all! I see no reason to upgrade to Treoo 700 P from 650 as it is almost identical! http://www.palm.com/us/products/compare/index.html
    Oh come on, you get Voice Memo now!!

Seriously though, if the guestimated price is going to be in the mid $600's for this...whoopie-friggin-doo.

Looking at that chart also does make me feel the same way.
    But EvDO just does it for me. Its just the feeling I got when upgrading from 56k to Cable like 7-8 years ago.
    <s></s>
    evdo would be nice but not worth full price of around $600- $700 is all. If sprint gave me one, I would accept it wholeheartedly. I just don't get why we waited 1.5 years for an upgrade that is worth a 6 month wait. To say this is an incremental upgrade is the understatement of the year. One would assume with waiting longer for an upgrade, the actual chages or "new & improved" features would be abundant. But I guess no more. It anger me almost. I think this will be the first time in the history of all Treos that I will not purchase the newest version... at least not right away. Maybe when it goes cheap...
    evdo would be nice but not worth full price of around $600- $700 is all. If sprint gave me one, I would accept it wholeheartedly. I just don't get why we waited 1.5 years for an upgrade that is worth a 6 month wait. To say this is an incremental upgrade is the understatement of the year. One would assume with waiting longer for an upgrade, the actual chages or "new & improved" features would be abundant. But I guess no more. It anger me almost. I think this will be the first time in the history of all Treos that I will not purchase the newest version... at least not right away. Maybe when it goes cheap...
    Ditto.

I dunno, it really depends on how how you look at it. IMO, some of the most intriguing upgrades are in the bundled software that I assume will not be available for the 650. Namely the streaming wmv support coupled with 1xEvDo. That would mean things like streaming slingbox feeds etc are now supported! Also the huge dbchace size (18MB) makes it a much more stable device which should not be overlooked imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    [I]So the 700p has 60MB user available and the 700w has 32 user available?This means that the 700p has 28mbs more of ram right?O my god i better sell my treo 700w soon.Anyone know when the 700p will be available for verizon?
    All I can say is...

IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN TIME~!!!!!!!!!!

<sigh of relief>
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    The 650 and the 700p compare imho - appart from the weight
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Its about time...yipppy.
    at&t iPhone3G
    can anyone tell me if the 700p and 700w both have 32mb of ram?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast