Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This thread is for us all to voice our gripes about what we don't like about the 700p. I won't voice mine yet, because I want to wait for the official details to be revealed (according to Jimmie, we should get those around midnight tonight from at least one site).
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    lol, the phone is not even out yet!

lol... talk about anticipation!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    unbelievable
    Where do I start the "I'm disappointed in Scott R" thread?

Oh, nevermind - it's been posted here repeatedly already.
    It is a discussion forum after all. We debated it's existence for 8 months, I am sure we will be debating it's merits for that long.

If we are anything -- we are passionate about Palm and Treos, pro and con.

I agree with Scott. Let the debate begin!!

But I am afraid Scott, trying to focus TC forum members in a certain direction is like herding cats or trying to push water up hill. It is a good idea to create a single thread -- but others will certainly pop up.

LOL

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/14/2006 at 08:21 PM.
    The Treo 700p sucks because..........it hasn't been released yet....

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    lol, the phone is not even out yet!

lol... talk about anticipation!
    The beauty is, if you don't like the thread, you can start you’re own and quit complaining about others. Right Scooter?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    It is a discussion forum after all. We debated it's existence for 8 months, I am sure we will be debating it's merits for that long.

If we are anything -- we are passionate about Palm and Treos, pro and con.

I agree with Scott. Let the debate begin!!

But I am afraid Scott, trying to focus TC forum members in a certain direction is like herding cats or trying to push water up hill. It is a good idea to create a single thread -- but others will certainly pop up.

LOL

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry,

Pretty young lady. Too pretty for this group. Does she know what she's getting from you?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Why must all these threads go off topic??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    The beauty is, if you don't like the thread, you can start you’re own and quit complaining about others. Right Scooter?
    Precisely. But complaining about this one is allowed as well. This is a free world after all. At least for some of us.

I've never met a product, no matter how much I might love it, that I couldn't come up with a long list of things I disliked about it. I'm a Palm OS old-timer and a smartphone old-timer. I still own my USR Robotics Pilot 5000. I've owned a Samsung i300, a Kyocera 6035 (two week trial), a Treo 300, a Treo 600 (my wife still has it), a PPC-6700 (two week trial), and now my Treo 650. For each and every one, there's been things I've loved and things I've hated. And I'm a big believer in voicing both. A manufacturer won't improve and fix things if they don't know we're bothered by them.

But let's be honest...Palm has been doing the bare minimum by us Palm OS enthusiasts, ever since they bought Handspring. If the 700p matches the specs that we all think it will have, it does beg the question, "It took them this long for that?" Many of us will buy it. In fact, many of us will be early-adopters and pay a lot for it. But if I do, it won't be because the 700p was my dream-come-true smartphone, it will be because I'm still happiest with the Palm OS user experience, and Palm is the only one left offering that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    But let's be honest...
    Oh no, not again.
    I'm disappointed that the antenna stub does blink with alternating colours that eventually create a hologram with the caller's face.
    Last edited by IamVincent; 05/14/2006 at 09:27 PM.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why must all these threads go off topic??
    Because you taught us so well.
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Really, already a b%tchin' thread and the 700P hasn;t even come out yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Really, already a b%tchin' thread and the 700P hasn;t even come out yet?
    Silly Season has, apparently, not ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Silly Season has, apparently, not ended.
    Silly season never ends.
  17.    #17  
    There's complaining about what the 700p claims to do but doesn't deliver on (which we can't really do until we have them in our hands) and there's complaining about what the 700p doesn't even try to deliver. That can be done once the specs are known for certain (which may be tonight).
    Here we go again.....let me get a jumping start:

- no wifi
    - not enough memory
    - no latest version of BT
    - Camera resolution is not high enough
    - Keyboard is too small
    - Battery life sucks
    - Screen resolution is not 640X640

Wait a second, these are the same complaints when the 650 was first launched back in 2004
    Oh yea, needs user replaceable housing too : )
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    and none of our 650 programs work
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast