Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Our 650 cases won't fit
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    and no one will make working accessories till december
    Still no WiFi support

Palm does not plan on supporting WiFi SD Cards for the Treo 700p, as they claim the EvDO network is fast enough offer a similar experience. This will certainly disappoint many of TreoCentral's reader.
    That's my only complaint.
    It won't have built in voice dialing <Laughing>
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Ok, time to get serious. It seems that the upgrade is even less than planned. It only has Bluetooth 1.2 with no A2DP support. Now it's hard to tell (it seemed to me that they stated 4GB once and 2GB somewhere else) but if 2 GB is the limit, then this is the same as the 650. So really, memory and EvDO are the only upgrades.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Yup. Just watched a video of an interview of Palm's 700P product manager and he says that the limit is 2GB for the SD card and they are currently still testing 4GB cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Ok, time to get serious. It seems that the upgrade is even less than planned. It only has Bluetooth 1.2 with no A2DP support. Now it's hard to tell (it seemed to me that they stated 4GB once and 2GB somewhere else) but if 2 GB is the limit, then this is the same as the 650. So really, memory and EvDO are the only upgrades.
    4gb card is supported
    Will 700W cases fit the 700P? Not just the fit, but cutouts for buttons, speaker, etc..
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    My only disappointment is.....THAT I DONT HAVE ONE!!
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

It will likely use the same hardware as the 700w - PXA272, 64^H^H128 MB NAND flash (as we saw on the leaked 700p, I believe). What will be a huge benefit for Palm users would be the XIP NAND support, meaning that ROM files no longer need to be uncompressed into dedicated RAM to run them.

This means that of the 32MB of RAM Palm gives you, an extra 12MB (representing the approximate uncompressed ROM size) is yours. This is assuming that they don't jack the memory up to 64MB, though. Still, having 28MB of DBCache for 64MB of onboard programs would be light-years ahead. I might buy a CDMA version and swap the radio out just for the extra RAM!

On the bright side, it looks like the NAND storage is going to be very similar in nature to the current DoC storage of the Treo, meaning that a ROM tool for the 700p won't be far off.

Hrrm... Just read the specs on Palm's site, but I'm confused why they say only 60MB of 128MB are "user available". No way that PalmOS is that big... Sound like they might have copied and pasted from a WM device specs or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    4gb card is supported

Actually, I just saw a video interview with the person in charge of the whole marketing (you can watch it at a link over at gizmodo) where the guy said that it supports 2GB and that they are currently testing 4GB cards. In other words, it may or may not support 4GB cards. Sucky palm.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

So really, memory and EvDO are the only upgrades.
    Camera resolution?
    Faster processor?
    Numerous software additions and enhancements?

These are important upgrades for me too.
    The processor is the same speed as the one in the Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    4gb card is supported
    Actually, I just saw a video interview with the person in charge of the whole marketing (you can watch it at a link over at gizmodo) where the guy said that it supports 2GB and that they are currently testing 4GB cards. In other words, it may or may not support 4GB cards. Sucky palm.
    700P Video released May14th
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    Thanks, I was too lazy to post the link.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

I'm not buying one. Then again I'm a GSM user... I do not see it as a new version, just a bunch of upgrades and a huge price sticker..
    Thanks, I was too lazy to post the link.
    That Altec Lansing Emotion Docking Station in the video looks good, and from the specs he gave it sounds better

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    The 700p sucks because: it runs Palm OS?

(ok, i'll go back to the WM forum )
    No AD2P D; Gah! I was looking forward to that SO much :/
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu
    No AD2P D; Gah! I was looking forward to that SO much :/
    Why do you say it doesnt have A2DP support? Is that confirmed

Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast