1.    #1  
    If a person has had a sprint plan (since back in the days of the Treo 300), that has unlimited data...will the switch to EVDO on the 700p give Sprint cause to revoke the terms of the unlimited data plan and start charging for data?

I'm scared to ask them!
    Unless you cancel your data plan option, you'll be switched to an unlimited Power Vision (EV-DO) plan. It'll cost $15, $20 if you want to use PictureMail.
  3.    #3  
    That's what I was fearing...It's now very hard to justify $700 for the new phone PLUS an additional $180 a year for data, when I can stick with my 650 and keep getting data for free.
    just tell the rep that you do not live in an area that carries EVDO and you do NOT need to 'upgrade' your plan.

the grandfathered vision will not be removed if you do not change your plan (only ESN swap)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    Unless you cancel your data plan option, you'll be switched to an unlimited Power Vision (EV-DO) plan. It'll cost $15, $20 if you want to use PictureMail.
    I have SERO but I think it's only $10 a month for basic unl. data.
    My area is Columbia, Missouri and we do not have the EVDO as far as I know.......but I am still getting this phone when it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    My area is Columbia, Missouri and we do not have the EVDO as far as I know.......but I am still getting this phone when it comes out.
    Rock on Mary Ann!
    If only I could get my GF this interested in tech.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-