Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    (Currently using Chatter 1.1 w/Sprint, Gmail and Fastmail server on Treo 650)

Will be upgrading if and/or when the following events happen:

+++

+I free up some space in my T650's internal memory!

+Do a clean install, especially if Palm releases an new updater for the Treo 650 (after release of the T700p?).

+Google finally gets its act together and gets its own Gmail IMAP server running so I can stop using Fastmail as a third-party server.

+Finally set aside some time to read through the (updated) manual so I can learn every feature inside and out! Including use of 50+ multiple folders (just have one giant in-box in intenal memory for now), getting e-mails on to SD card without much trouble and sending attachments via Chatter (by using Docs to Go and picture sharing, for example).

+ Waiting in eager anticipation how future versions of Chatter will provide a run for its money against other third-party e-mail programs.

+Depending on what kind of new job I get, wondering whether or not the new features on the Treo 700p (should I even upgrade?) like EVDO will make it that much much more fun to use Chatter than it already is. Having more than one mailbox (work account and existing Gmail personal account) would play into this, especially with Chatter+ and OWA...

++++

Bring on the fun! Bring on the increased productivity!
    The Exchange plug in is great but what many of us need on the Treo 650/700p is a way to PUSH all the PIM events besides email. I get my corporate exchange email through IMAP right now so the plug in doesn't mean much to me at this time. What would really make a difference, and help justify the new pricing, is to support calendar, contacts, and task PUSH like our friends on WM5 and the Treo 700w are now enjoying. ActiveSync DirectPush is the single most popular reason many of my friends have switched to WM5/Treo 700w at this point.

I hope Marc will let us know if and when the rest of Exchange will be supported?
    Marc, can we get an update on PIM push? Would be a great combination with the new Sprint 700p!
    First version of calendar around the end of the month (maybe without push first). Others will come pretty quickly.

Marc
    That's great! Already asked in another thread, but how would changes on the device make it back to the server? Will you be providing some sync routine? If not push then how about an SMS sync trigger like intellisync uses? Actually, I think intellisync/wireless sync uses an http trigger for a sync like ActiveSync.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    +Google finally gets its act together and gets its own Gmail IMAP server running so I can stop using Fastmail as a third-party server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    First version of calendar around the end of the month (maybe without push first). Others will come pretty quickly.

Marc

Great to hear that Calendar sync support is coming by the end of May. Looking forward to the rest of the PIM functions. (Hopefully they will ALL make it into the first official EX release.) You indicated that it may be offered as a separate application initially. I hope this separate application will stay resident in the "background" like Chatter and support PUSH on Verizon and Sprint.

BTW, According to the Verizon press release today, the 700p will support both Calendar and Contact scheduled sync through its built in VersaMail's ActiveSync module. Although, not a very reliable reliable solution (I use Intellisync's WirelessSync as it "pushes" ALL of the other exchange PIM events (Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and Tasks) and it IS reliable. I use it now for everything except mail, I use Chatter (of course) for that. The downside is that is requires the PC to be left on to act as a "redirector" or push server. Which sucks.

As soon as ChatterEX "syncs it ALL" (with push), Marc's got my money and the rest of the 30 650/700 user's in my company! (the additional cost would be justified for us because we could avoid having to upgrade all of our PalmOS Treo's to WM5, which DOES support push for ALL of the PIM events on Exchange/Outlook EXCEPT notes, go figure?)

Keeping our fingers crossed!
    Last edited by wannatreo; 05/17/2006 at 07:59 AM.
    Marc, am I correct in my understanding that the PIM push features would only work with an exchange server in the mix? Or will they work with Fastmail (please, please, please!!!!!!!)?

If it requires an exchange server, is there a third-party hosted exchange that you'd recommend?
    4smartphone.net (fee based) mail2web.com (free). Both are hosted exchange services.
    Thanks for the free services info.
    As soon as ChatterEX PIM PUSH is ready for exchange, i'll be heading over to Sprint to pick up a brand new 700p! Please Hurry Marc!
  12.    #12  
    [QUOTE=KevMeister]
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    (Currently using Chatter 1.1 w/Sprint, Gmail and Fastmail server on Treo 650)

Will be upgrading if and/or when the following events happen:

Google finally gets its act together and gets its own Gmail IMAP server running so I can stop using Fastmail as a third-party server.
    Just got a message from FastMail, re: the monthly newsletter...they're having a special pricing for new users/upgrades/exisiting users 'till June 16. The special offer is $5 off the first year price of full or enhanced accounts, depending on which one you have. New users, of course, still have to pick their version they want to use.

C'mon, Google, get your IMAP server ready!
  13.    #13  
    From looking on the Chatter download page, only the 1.15 manual is currently available...
    http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...tory&Itemid=76
    Yes, the manual hasn't been updated yet... It's coming...

Marc
  15.    #15  
    Any updates/ideas on when the final beta of 2.0 will be released?
    2.0 has been released; do you mean the final of 2.0.1?

Marc
  17.    #17  
    Huh. Did not know that. I must have missed the announcment of 2.0 somehow. I might as well wait till 2.01 final is released. By then, hopefuly the new manual will be released!

I currently have about 4 MB left on my internal memeoy (T650). How much memory do I need to install 2.0 before I have the ability to move all my messages to my SD card? Hate to do things piecemeal, but for me it seems like the only option, lest the TC brain trust here has other ideas...
    You are a prime candidate for a third party launcher like ZLauncher. It'll up the memory you have by allowing you to move to its application folders on the SD card those programs that do not need to run automagically, that is, those like alarm clock type programs (MobileClock), security programs that work with SMS messages and the like, programs that run in the background like ChatterEmail, et cetera. It also allows you to put programs that need each other (those that have that special relationship) together in the same app folder for launching together and then removed together when the app is exited. I have 11.3mb available at this time.

I take it you have no stability problems? Ben
  19.    #19  
    No stability problems. Currently using Launcher X and love it. For the T650 it takes up less internal memory. It looks as if with Launcher X I could drag and drop some apps (Express? Docs to Go? Splash Wallet? Pocket Tunes?) into the SD card though that seems too good/too easy to be true.
  20.    #20  
    Well, sometimes decisions are made for you! My T650 crashed on me, to the point where I had to re-register all my software passcodes. I just finished that task. Now I'm gonna download version 2.0 from the desktop and synch it over my exisiting Chatter. Then I'll hotsynch, do a hard reset, then resynch with the Chatter version 2.0 overlay.

+In my edit mailbox from my exisiting 1.1 , I already checked "Store new messages to card."

+In my system preferences, I disabled the "Start Chatter at Reset" dialogue box.

So I'm hoping when Chatter re-loads itself (once I turn on my Internet Connection, all my normal e-mails originally saved on internal memory will go toward my SD card.

Looks Like I'll have to deal with the 2.0 manual a little bit later when it is released.

Wish me luck!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast