1.    #1  
    I recall a while back that Gmail was offering registration by invite only. Has this been stopped or can someone with a Gmail account provide me with an invite?
    I believe if you go to google.com you can follow the links...if not PM me & i'll send ya one.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    I believe if you go to google.com you can follow the links...if not PM me & i'll send ya one.

I've tried googling for such an invite but either the links are dead or sites like isnoop no longer provide the service. Also I'm not impressed coming across some sites which want people to jump through hoops to get an account. Such as clicking several spam ads or posting 10 times in a forum before one is sent. Google really should of handled things differently in regards to registration for the GMail Beta release, instead of causing a concert ticket scalper scenerio. Anyway, I sent you a PM as suggested with my email address. Oh and the reason for using GMail is wanting a mail service that is 1. Not related to Microsoft and 2. the most important one is being able to fetch mail from services such as MyMail and ChatterEmail.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    i can also send you an invite if needed
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Invite sent....anyone else, just PM me.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Invite sent....anyone else, just PM me.
    Thanks All I have to say is wow! lol. That took 20 minutes randomly trying different usernames to suit my field of work since my current usernames are already taken by GMail members. Note to those signing up to have patience, drink some coffee and put your feet up while playing around with creating your username.

One thing to note for anyone using a Linux distribution is if you use Konqueror on KDE you'll need to set the browser to Firefox under the menu "Tools/change browser identification/Other/Firefox". While most of the site will work with out changing the browser identification some features will not such as chat service. Using Mozilla's Firefox 1.5.0.3 browser included with distributions such as SUSE Linux, Mandriva Linux, etc does not have this issue. After doing some Googling it appears the KDE developers are aware of it. One of the reasons given by KDE developers is that Google site developers are not following standard code practices when developing their site portals http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1195
    Last edited by Dark_Knight; 05/14/2006 at 05:46 PM.