Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I will be signing up for a SERO plan pretty soon and I am wondering if I will be able to select the 700p when I sign up for the plan. THe reason why I am asking is because the 700p is a Power Vision phone while the Sero plans only cover regular Vision phones.

Anyone Know?
    I don't think the actual website where you sign up for the SERO plan will have the Treo 700P for awhile. They may not even list it before the SERO offer ends. I think the only way you can get it with the SERO plan is to get the 700P with a new plan, call CS and then ask them to switch you to SERO.
    SERO plans include power vision

Sprint Employee Referral Offer 500

Sprint Vision or Power Vision Included Free
    Transform your wireless experience from functional to fantastic with features and content that are very visual, extra entertaining, and perfectly personalized. Customers who choose a Power Vision(sm) or Sprint PCS Vision(sm) phone will also receive: - Unlimited Web access - Unlimited email and instant messaging - AOL, MSN and Yahoo - Unlimited Sprint PCS Picture Mail(sm) with Video Mail
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  4.    #4  
    oh thanks! i thought i read only vision phones!
    No, but they still may not offer the 700P, they don't have the 6700 available either.
    Quote Originally Posted by mademan118
    I will be signing up for a SERO plan pretty soon and I am wondering if I will be able to select the 700p when I sign up for the plan. THe reason why I am asking is because the 700p is a Power Vision phone while the Sero plans only cover regular Vision phones.

Anyone Know?
    They probably won't but here's a loophole:
    Sign up for SERO now, get one of the free phones (last I looked there was 3, all non-camera), get locked in. Then when the 700 comes out, pay full price, do an ESN swap, then sell the freebie on Ebay. You'll lose a few bucks on the cheap phone (guessing $50 - $75), but the savings on the SERO plan will more than make up for this.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    They probably won't but here's a loophole:
    Sign up for SERO now, get one of the free phones (last I looked there was 3, all non-camera), get locked in. Then when the 700 comes out, pay full price, do an ESN swap, then sell the freebie on Ebay. You'll lose a few bucks on the cheap phone (guessing $50 - $75), but the savings on the SERO plan will more than make up for this.
    I signed up for my SERO account 2 months ago and returned the $19.99 phone instantly -- my account was noted that I was going to a store to buy the 650 at a price better than they were offering, which I never did. . . . . . . . . . Now to press the issue for the discount on the now availble 700P. . . . .
    ...or do you have to know someone?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaginger
    It's a long thread, but explains all.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106778

You just need a Sprint employee's email address.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaginger
    Yes I have this same question, does everyone here know someone who works at sprint that can hook them up with SERO? Am I missing a loophole?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Yes I have this same question, does everyone here know someone who works at sprint that can hook them up with SERO? Am I missing a loophole?
    Read the thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106778

Tips tricks and loopholes are covered.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    SERO plans include power vision
    incoming dumb question... but EVDO is included with Power Vision, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyP
    incoming dumb question... but EVDO is included with Power Vision, yes?
    yes. That's the "Power."
    awesome. thanks man. and as I posted on the other thread about SERO:

NICE! I just got the SERO plan without changing my number. I just signed up for another 2 years (was only 5 months into this plan) and saved a TON of money.

$30 a month for 500 anytime mins. pcs to pcs. PCS Vision (unlimited pic mail, evdo, etc) roaming, etc.

$6 for insurance

$5 for 7pm nightly minutes

$15 for unlimited texts

= $56 a month

My previous plan was 400 mins (fair n flexible) insurance, PCS (evdo, etc) 100 texts = around $80. lol

I will miss the fair and flexible, but so far I've only gone over my 400 mins once. I went over by 200 minutes... but I'll just be smarter about it now.
    I'm pretty sure SERO is a Fair and Flexible plan. So you won't miss anything.

awesome. thanks man. and as I posted on the other thread about SERO:

NICE! I just got the SERO plan without changing my number. I just signed up for another 2 years (was only 5 months into this plan) and saved a TON of money.

$30 a month for 500 anytime mins. pcs to pcs. PCS Vision (unlimited pic mail, evdo, etc) roaming, etc.

$6 for insurance

$5 for 7pm nightly minutes

$15 for unlimited texts

= $56 a month

My previous plan was 400 mins (fair n flexible) insurance, PCS (evdo, etc) 100 texts = around $80. lol

I will miss the fair and flexible, but so far I've only gone over my 400 mins once. I went over by 200 minutes... but I'll just be smarter about it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummer
    I'm pretty sure SERO is a Fair and Flexible plan. So you won't miss anything.
    SERO is indeed fair and flexible.
    that is amazing. Thank God for these forums! I was so upset at how much I was paying for this EVDO stuff. I was paying around $55 on my 650 prior to getting an A900 and goin EVDO. SO glad to be going back to $55 and will be even happier once I get the 700p.
    How can anyone pay $80/mo (450 min + unlimited data) for less minutes on Verizon when Sprint offers the same thing with SERO for $30...

My plan:
    Buy Samsung A900 on SERO website for $150, sell on eBay for $250, buy Palm Treo 700p for ?$679? retail, net price $579 with SERO. (someone tell me if my plan is faulty)

I was going to do the free 8700g BB with T-Mobile, but with the plan at $60/mo, it's still worth paying 700p at retail.
    if Sprint offered the SERO plan to everyone and aggressively marketed it, they'd have all of verizons smartphone customers, and likely many other companies customers too. but, from what I gather, it doesn't seem Sprint is letting everyone know about this SERO deal.
    if Sprint offered the SERO plan to everyone and aggressively marketed it, they'd have all of verizons smartphone customers, and likely many other companies customers too. but, from what I gather, it doesn't seem Sprint is letting everyone know about this SERO deal.
    Just a wild guess, but I suspect it's one of those things where they want to extract as much money as possible from the majority of people, but they also want to get as many people as possible, which includes the frugal, educated deal-seekers. So they mass-market their standard plans and get the majority of people that way, and then they have these "hidden" deals for the minority who are willing to jump through a few hoops.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast