Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK, so I do want EvDO, a better camera, better reception and battery life, better software, the new Treo look, etc.....

But more than anything, I want better Bluetooth. I want to be able to walk more than 5 feet from my phone wearing a headset without static eating up the call. I want it to connect quicker and to more things. I want it to stop forgetting my devices making me set them up again. I want more headset volume.

I just want the freaking Bluetooth to work and work well.

Please!

Why do you want to walk away from your phone? I'm just curious.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  3.    #3  
    When it is sitting on my desk. Or on a table in a hotel room. Or while it is on my dresser. Or while it is on the counter while I am putting the dishes away.

Most Treo users can't even put it in a pants pocket on the opposite side of their body from the headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    OK, so I do want EvDO, a better camera, better reception and battery life, better software, the new Treo look, etc.....

But more than anything, I want better Bluetooth. I want to be able to walk more than 5 feet from my phone wearing a headset without static eating up the call. I want it to connect quicker and to more things. I want it to stop forgetting my devices making me set them up again. I want more headset volume.

I just want the freaking Bluetooth to work and work well.

Please!

We shall see, but it does appear that they have been hard at work on improving many aspect areas of performance. I think we will be looking at a very improved device.
    I have seen rumors both for Bluetooth 1.2 and Bluetooth 2.0, so it's hard to say as of now whether it's going to be much better. I have a feel it will be better. Part of this also depends on your headset too.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    As long as I can connect to 2 devices simultaneously, I'm in. If not, then I may be done with palm.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    I hope it is BT 2.0 - BT 1.2 is too SLOW!
    It will be 1.2. Period. No way Palm would leap to such extraordinary specs.
  9.    #9  
    Will 1.2 fix all the range problems? Why is it the 650 has such limited range, low volume, static, cutting in and out, etc.....

It is a near impossible task to get a great headset for the 650. I have tried Scala, TWH, Jabra, and now the Plantronics 640. The Plantronics is the best sounding so far but it has one of worst ranges of any of the others. The Scala 500 was the worst of the bunch though.

It isn't the headset's fault, it is the T650. I really, really hope the 700p will be at least on par with most bluetooth phones.
    It is DEFINITELY bluetooth 1.2
    Jimmie Geddes
    I just wanna voice dial by pushing the button on my headset! Damnit!! I wanna do that!
  12. pmb
    Give the Plantronic Voyager 510 a try..........I've spent a fortune on different headsets and this is the best for high ambient noise enviroments (semi trucks). People on the other end claim almost no backround noise from my end and I CAN walk away from the phone IF the phones signal reception is strong to begin with. Bear in mind with a Bluetooth headset in your ear you're wearing a radio about as close to the body as you can get. If they made a radio/bluetooth transcever that kicked ****, it'd fry the brain....probably is anyway!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pmb
    Bear in mind with a Bluetooth headset in your ear you're wearing a radio about as close to the body as you can get. If they made a radio/bluetooth transcever that kicked ****, it'd fry the brain....probably is anyway!!!
    Very good point. A cheap cordless phone transmits at 200 miliwatts, but that's with an antenna at lease 2 inches away from your head. Virtually any BT headset would be a fraction of that distance. Anyone know how strong the transmission signal is from a typical BT headset?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

14.    #14  
    -----

ok, back on topic...

Has anyone who played with a 700p so far used a bluetooth headset with it? I don't remember Merlyn or anyone trying one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick

WHY COULDN'T PALM JUST SURPRISE US JUST ONCE.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick

How is your Vaja case? The plastic is showing on the corners of mine. My is well used and worn. I do have a new vaja case that I got last month for the 700p. Same color orange front and black back.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I just wanna voice dial by pushing the button on my headset! Damnit!! I wanna do that!
    We are a society of technology and sometimes we cannot do squat.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    How is your Vaja case? The plastic is showing on the corners of mine. My is well used and worn. I do have a new vaja case that I got last month for the 700p. Same color orange front and black back.
    lol

way to stay on topic. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    lol

way to stay on topic. lol

Just straying off topic a bit I guess because we are all Treo Lovers and it is the end of the Silly Season!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    what are the differences between 1.2 and 2.0 other than the higher number as im sure someone would point out?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast