Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i hope the Treo700P GSM Version release date will not be far-off. i am quietly but anxiously waiting for the Treo700P GSM.

Go Treo700P GSM!
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    Quote Originally Posted by cdboy
    i hope the Treo700P GSM Version release date will not be far-off. i am quietly but anxiously waiting for the Treo700P GSM.

Go Treo700P GSM!
    I attended a Rogers manufacturer National roadshow recently and was informed by a Palm rep that the next Treo release is a long ways off mainly due to customer feedback in regards to the 700W/P versions and Verizon's exclusive 6 month lock-in with Palm. As for the 700P specifically I was informed there has been little interest in the product not only by customers but also referring to Rogers due to concerns I mentioned before. Such as appearing little has changed from the Treo 650 when compared to the Treo 700. Also complaints that a lot of what is in the 700 was promised for the 650 so customers are to say the least, not impressed. I asked about the Treo codenamed "Hollywood" and the Palm rep knew what I was referring to but all he would really say is another Treo offering will be released most likely end of this year in time for the holiday season. To me that would mean around November which would be in line with other manufacturers which release their hardware around the same time, at least they do in Canada. Oh and as for Access Linux Platform from Access (formally Palmsource) being in a Treo I was told this will most likely occur either late 2006 or early 2007 due to acquiring more ISV support. Whether this will mean Palm dumping Microsoft or if ALP will be in the Treo "Hollywood" is anyones guess as I couldn't get a straight answer about this.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    There are rumors that the cingular 700P (GSM) will be available in Sept 06
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    That sounds about right, about 3-4 months after the Sprint release has been typical (at least for the 600 and 650)...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I have been told by two Cingular sources that they will not be selling any version of the 700. I see it this way....with Verizon and Sprint now havin a big jump on the 700 with the exclusive and all why come out witha new device 12 or so months into an 18 month product cycle. They do have a new Treo in the works but not the 700....may have more info later after my meeting tonite.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I have been told by two Cingular sources that they will not be selling any version of the 700. I see it this way....with Verizon and Sprint now havin a big jump on the 700 with the exclusive and all why come out witha new device 12 or so months into an 18 month product cycle. They do have a new Treo in the works but not the 700....may have more info later after my meeting tonite.
    That is a more correct version of what I am hearing also. I should not have put 700P but just GSM.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
    I attended a Rogers manufacturer National roadshow recently and was informed by a Palm rep that the next Treo release is a long ways off mainly due to customer feedback in regards to the 700W/P versions and Verizon's exclusive 6 month lock-in with Palm. As for the 700P specifically I was informed there has been little interest in the product not only by customers but also referring to Rogers due to concerns I mentioned before. Such as appearing little has changed from the Treo 650 when compared to the Treo 700. Also complaints that a lot of what is in the 700 was promised for the 650 so customers are to say the least, not impressed. I asked about the Treo codenamed "Hollywood" and the Palm rep knew what I was referring to but all he would really say is another Treo offering will be released most likely end of this year in time for the holiday season. To me that would mean around November which would be in line with other manufacturers which release their hardware around the same time, at least they do in Canada. Oh and as for Access Linux Platform from Access (formally Palmsource) being in a Treo I was told this will most likely occur either late 2006 or early 2007 due to acquiring more ISV support. Whether this will mean Palm dumping Microsoft or if ALP will be in the Treo "Hollywood" is anyones guess as I couldn't get a straight answer about this.
    why would some one want to swap their 650 for a 700p? the palm os looks about the same as it did last year majority of the new handsets coming out in the new future are looking like they will be supporting 3g speeds. it really pisses me off that palm is ignoring the gsm market and they are failing to provide us with a product to look forward to with 3g speeds (htc hermes) i dont feel shame now days for my cheating on palm with ms devices and software
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    And on top of that us UK folk have to wait even longer, sadly.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    The big question about the Treo 700p would be whether or not it would support HSDPA. A GSM 700p would really have to offer that or at least UMTS support.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    And on top of that us UK folk have to wait even longer, sadly.
    but at least you guys have more choices as far as it goes for handsets.
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by 155
    The big question about the Treo 700p would be whether or not it would support HSDPA. A GSM 700p would really have to offer that or at least UMTS support.
    that is what i am thinking. if palm delivers a gsm handset without better speeds there would be no reason for a change. what upsets me is that palm never tries to get us something which is revolutionary. just the same old static product.
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Both the 650, 700w and 700p prototype leaked roughly 5-6 months before the releases.

If we go by the last antenna-less leak, (I believe it was after the faked "Blue Hollywood" hackjob,) it probably will take another 3-4 months.
    Until Cingular or T-Mo offer UMTS, there is no urgency for a 700 GSM.
    Cingular does offer UMTS, but they only offer two 3g phones. One from LG with bluetooth and one from Samsung without.

They also offer HSDPA (faster UMTS) PC Cards.
    I am sad to say
    that I would shell out 600 clams for a 700GSM the second it comes out.

For me, the imprvvements would be worth the mone. Asumming it was on EDGE, and had all the other improvments the 700p had.

I can't imagine would go through all the fanfare of the 700p production and intro w/o giving us a gsm version.

geeeeez, palm.

where is my gsm 700? I want it, NOW.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    At this point, there is no point really for Cingular/TMob to release a 700 series Treo. At least not one that looks and acts like the P and W. They would be ebst served with true next-generation Treo that is stylistically and technologically a few steps ahead of what we have been getting from Palm. IMO, its coming no earlier than Spring and with WinMob. But that is only a guess. Palm could do another Garnet, but I doubt it lest its a low Treo. They could do another OS-ed Treo, but that too is kinda weird seeing that it would be smarter to use any new OS first on a LD model, and then use the Treo to swoop in a new era of Palm computing.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    You see, I think it is worth the upgrade on gsm, but why not just switch to cdma.

EVDO satisfies the gripes I had with my CDMA Treo 600. When you are on the internet with EVDO, the phone will still ring and it won't get shuttled to voicemail like the Treo 600. (at least that is my understanding)

No fast connection on GSM would mean I'm probably going to switch.

However, UMTS or HSDPA support would be awesome on the Treo 700p, because it would allow internet and voice at the same time. Meaning I could get and e-mail and talk on the phone via bluetooth at the same time.

Even though there is some debate as to which would be "faster". The usability is much more crucial to me personally.
    Last edited by 155; 05/15/2006 at 02:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    I am sad to say
    that I would shell out 600 clams for a 700GSM the second it comes out.

For me, the imprvvements would be worth the mone. Asumming it was on EDGE, and had all the other improvments the 700p had.

I can't imagine would go through all the fanfare of the 700p production and intro w/o giving us a gsm version.

geeeeez, palm.

where is my gsm 700? I want it, NOW.
    I am clearly running out of time faster than I am running out of money. I have ordered every Treo GSM as soon as anyone would take the order for 24hr shipment and always paid top dollar. However, each new Treo promised more speed. I am not sure that I would order a 700GSM that did not have a faster radio. That is particularly true since Cingular does not seem committed to rolling out faster radios. While they have picked up the AT&T EDGE+, they have not entered a new market since the merger and show no signs of doing so.
    You see, I think it is worth the upgrade on gsm, but why not just switch to cdma.
    Is the fact that I travel world-wide and the CDMA phones are locked to North American carriers a good enough reason? Sprint's solution to the problem is to sell me a GSM SIM with premium charges. I have to have an extra phone and keep an additional list of numbers up to date.

The Treo GSM pays for itself by letting me make calls the same way from anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    that is what i am thinking. if palm delivers a gsm handset without better speeds there would be no reason for a change. what upsets me is that palm never tries to get us something which is revolutionary. just the same old static product.

Palm is known for always being short on something. Why not give wifi (moot point if EVDO available but why not give us the ad2p protocol?
    Why not a true 128 k of memory.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast